Print Thread
Hop To
Page 39 of 41 1 2 37 38 39 40 41
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by kutenay
Well, I HAVE heard it all now, as RC Bishop Tiny Moogens of the Netherlands has openly advocated EVERONE in that country beginning to use the Muzzie term "Allah" as THE name for God.

He says that as a RC priest in Indonesia, the priests WOULD use "Allah" for God during Mass; that, in my Catholic days, would have been considered heresy and grounds for excommunication.

I am NOT surprised, the rot is everywhere in Western "Civilization" and this is just more of the same old stuff. I am coming to hate Muslims as I do Sikhs and WE better smarten up, as WE are on this same highway to hell in cultural terms......

Muzzies...kill 'em all, let ALLAH sort 'em out.....nah, doesn't do it for me!!! smile
You must have been asleep for a long time, Kute. These kinds of things (things that used to get folks excommunicated) have been creeping in since Vatican II. The Church aint the Church no more.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The above is just my 2 cents worth.

And both penny's say' "In God We Trust"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I'm not Catholic but am Christian as Catholics are and I realize that this bishop could have been from anywhere but being of Dutch extraction I can add that the Dutch, morally and spiritually, have been "slouching off to Gommorah" for years now.

Gdv

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Of course the term "Allah" likely long predates Islam
So does their helliest shrine, where 'ol Al hung out.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
"slouching off to Gommorah" for years now.
So have some nut cases from about every denomination. They're all just men and men do and say dumb stuff from time to time. The more prominent they are the more evident it is. The only thing I find surprising is how many are surprised.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B2

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by gene williams
Well Ms, Penny , I WAS there and I'll tell you : James { Cheeah } went WA--aa--aa -- y outside any common-sense boundries in criticizing the Roman Church . Sanlen asked some really pointed questions re Catholicism and sort of got lumped in with James [ un-fairly , I thought ,but it wasn't MY church-since I don't have one - that was being scorned ] and there was another fella who's name I can't recall right now that was pretty much an in your face kinda guy when it came to Catholics .

I kinda got thrown in with the bashing bunch in some poster's minds although with all the quotes being brought back up nobody ever posted one of my derogatory comments . Ricky D. and Shootist got tarred with the same brush , but to a lesser extent .

Understand that this is just one witness' account , Might not have been that way at all !.

Since I was mentioned, there's some I could say. None I will. Forward.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I take comfort in knowing that I don't live in your universe, or share your world view.
I don't. If you did, you might be gentleman enough to have a reasonable conversation with a lady without resorting to childish insults and condescension. It makes you look like a bigger ass than I hope you are.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Am I the only person who sees all this quickly leading to one homogeneous world religion?

(They have eyes but do not see, ears and do not��.)

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It sure as hell didn't start at this campfire !

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by RickyD

Damn Moses, can you believe what he did with all them illegals?
Damn, huh? Musta been Allah talkin' there.

wink

I have to admit, it has been over thirty years since I cracked the cover on an OT History text. By what name did Moses address his God?

What name did the rest of the Middle Eastern world use circa 200AD to address the One True God?

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I must be retarded, I though we covered this already here. shocked

Proof that the Dutch are NUTZ

Last edited by Violator22; 08/20/07.

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
That's a crock of shiite for sure. They can blow me and so can that bishit.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It sure as hell didn't start at this campfire !

Really? How else will the world put an end to the arguing and killing over religion and bring about "peace and harmony" if not by distilling all religion down to the "basic beliefs" that all will agree on?

Sure won't happen by "pulling the plug" on a forum.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Edmund Burke 1795

"Give me liberty or give me death"
Patrick Henry 1775
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Violator22
I must be retarded, I though we covered this already here. shocked

Proof that the Dutch are NUTZ

Mr. Bill Poole gave some good general information in that thread.

Originally Posted by Bill Poole
Semites called him "That-which-cannot-be-named" but represented him as "JHVH" which can be pronounced "Yahweh" or without a huge stretch "Allah"

Allah & JHVH are not derived from the same root (JeHoVaH is derived from YHWH)

numerous old testamtent names, which are still in use today, end in the word "el" which mean "god"... Dani-el, Micha-el, Gabri-el etc etc

"el" in older semitic languages, such as Hebrew is the same root as the word as "ilah" in modern arabic (the most widespread of all semitic languages), where it means "god" (lower case), that gives us, in its proper form, al-ilah which contracts to Allah which means "God" (upper case).

This is not a religious discussion, but a lingusitic one... my other hobby....

shoot good

Poole

But he did not quite address the specific questions I asked here.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Les, .....I don't think you're retarded

.....were I calling out the weather I'd say, Partly cloudy, Winds N. X N.E. 10-20 and an overall generally retarded outlook.

And that Bishop can kiss my AZZ , too.

GTC

Member, Clan of the Border Rats
-- “Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.”- Mark Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
grin Thanks, appreciate it. grin I know the thick stuff is making it hard to think right now. grin

Back in the heartland, Thank God!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
OK - I reckon it could start like this : Islam has one [ ever hear 'em, there is no God but Allah ?]and Christians believe in a Triune God [ Father,Son,and Holy Ghost ]
That's simple enough . The referee says; "you christians gotta let the Muzzies have one so you will each have two.

But the Hindus have thousands of gods and claim they can't spare a one and besides all that ; they ain't never give nobody no s#$@ and wouldn't even have come to the party if it wasn't for the free beer .And they claim the athiests smell funny so they are going back to the house .

You get the picture I hope 'cause I think I just lost myself and I'm going to bed .

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Is this a software glitch, or is someone trying to tell us something?

Why did I end up at the end of 776 posts on the "I believe" thread when I clicked on a 28 post "Dutch Bishop" thread?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Rick is merging all the topics involving faith and religion into one thread it appears.

Hope he does the same to all the caliber specific threads on the reloading pages.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RickyD
Hope he does the same to all the caliber specific threads on the reloading pages.

laugh laugh laugh

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Page 39 of 41 1 2 37 38 39 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

492 members (222Sako, 2500HD, 160user, 1badf350, 007FJ, 1lessdog, 47 invisible), 2,130 guests, and 1,147 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,245
Posts18,504,616
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.