Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by kingston
How many days a year do you all spend harvesting cranberries in your waders?

The only reason Beaver is your friend is because you have Dick Tourette’s.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I've been wearing Rogers brand for the last two years,no problems.
Saw these today,only 1100.00 bucks.

https://www.facebook.com/chenegear/

Greg

Semper Fi
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by redjones

Greg

I’m pretty sure once waders hit $1100 society has lost its fugking mind.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
waterfowling in the South is,well much different than the North. your "cold days' are days we don't even bother hunting. I don't even get diver decoys ready unless it's going to be 20 degrees or lower for several days, and really get horny when it is single digits or lower. give me a day when I have to chop ice out of the boat launch and a 10-15 MPH N West wind and I am a Happy, happy boy. simply put, in those conditions No fishing wader lasts, and certainly not stocking foot. the best I found have been the 5mm Neoprene Cabelas ultimate hunter, of course Cabelas discontinued them. the Drake EQ system is good, I am on my 2nd year with them. I have heard nothing good from guys who actually use the Sitka and Banded waders, they are too embarrassed to admit they suck in public though

Last edited by gitem_12; 07/01/21.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by lvmiker
JFC! A geezul to kill a phuggin duck? I can call up the local chinks and have one roasted and served w/ rice and noodles and those weird buns w/ crazy sauce delivered to my door for $50.00. Spend your money on gear for wolf hunting.

I can see investing in a waterproof dog to go get schidt you kill but waterproof pants? GMAFB.

Pro tip: You can buy a Kokotat GTX dry suit for $1k. I am totally mindphugged over those waders.

OK, I have peeled myself off the ceiling and am prepared to admit that $ spent on fun is never wasted. Do they have a waterproof jacket to go w/ those pants?

mike r

I’ve fantasized about a Kokatat dry suit for surf casting many times, but never made it real.

Their quality is legendary. I wore their lightweight GTX most every day for a month long paddle around Admiralty Island. Long days in the boat and as it rained almost daily it was worn while carrying boats and gear [big tides] and setting up camps. Absolutely flawless performance, quick drying, no leaks, tears or zipper problems. This was in 1997 and I am sure they are better now and have a much better selection.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE
[quote=kingston]How many days a year do you all spend harvesting cranberries in your waders?

Zero days, berry picking is for my wife and her friends and they just wear [bleep] old jeans for that.[/quote

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Harvest was typically 2 weeks and I only wore hip boots. Bogs with the center ditch were a bitch, forget about it end up soaked. I ran a "beater" FLAME ON! lol

Last edited by bluffview; 07/01/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Patagonia expedition waders are good too, I have the pants. I’ll
Also mention aquz their adjustable waders are great.

Looks like all are gray colored...Not the best for duck hunting in the PNW.

🦫

Camo Krylon.

$3.99 a can.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by redjones

Greg

I’m pretty sure once waders hit $1100 society has lost its fugking mind.

LOL

$10 lattes next?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad

🦫

Camo Krylon.

$3.99 a can.

Have you seen me paint a stock ?

Nuff said.....

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by gitem_12
waterfowling in the South is,well much different than the North. your "cold days' are days we don't even bother hunting. I don't even get diver decoys ready unless it's going to be 20 degrees or lower for several days, and really get horny when it is single digits or lower. give me a day when I have to chop ice out of the boat launch and a 10-15 MPH N West wind and I am a Happy, happy boy. simply put, in those conditions No fishing wader lasts, and certainly not stocking foot. the best I found have been the 5mm Neoprene Cabelas ultimate hunter, of course Cabelas discontinued them. the Drake EQ system is good, I am on my 2nd year with them. I have heard nothing good from guys who actually use the Sitka and Banded waders, they are too embarrassed to admit they suck in public though

Drake and Cabelas?

Nah, I've owned 3-4 pairs of cabelas, 2 pairs of drake. They suck. Just like every other pair.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Beav, I buy LL Bean waders and use the warranty. Do you have an LLBean store out there? A store is handy if you need to return them.

llbean warranty wasn't honored on the last pair of waders I sent to them. No different than any other company's stated warranty and what they actually do.

The last pair I took back to the store. The boots and body were fine, they were their version of Gore-Tex with boot feet. The shoulder straps were held on with a section of neoprene that disintegrated. They’d been through three cranberry and waterfowl seasons and done a bunch of surf casting. It was a shame, but they wouldn’t fix ‘em. Apart from being a bit restrictive, they’d been indestructible.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

🦫

Camo Krylon.

$3.99 a can.

Have you seen me paint a stock ?

Nuff said.....

🦫

Dude,

they're waders FFS,

who's gonna see 'em? Crawdads in the marsh? The ducks won't see them if you're properly ensconced in the blind? Are you worried about your hunting buddies laughing at you?

In it is contentment

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by bluffview
[quote=kingston]How many days a year do you all spend harvesting cranberries in your waders?

Zero days, berry picking is for my wife and her friends and they just wear [bleep] old jeans for that.[/quote

Harvest was typically 2 weeks and I only wore hip boots. Bogs with the center ditch were a bitch, forget about it end up soaked. I ran a "beater" FLAME ON! lol

In the motherland we call them reels.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I use breathable lacrosse early season and the insulated drake waders for late season and have gotten 4-5 seasons from each hunting 30-40 days a season

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Back to wader talk.

The Sitka Delta waders landed. I check them over, put them on, and did a few calisthenic moves for flexibility.

First impressions, they aren’t anymore flimsy than Simms waders a fishing pard of mine wears.

The Lacrosse boot feels thick and insulated. No sloppiness in the heal. The chest is cut wide, which is great, but like a lot of Sitka and KUIU gear, the waist is cut for triathlete. Nothing 5lbs off Beave’s frame won’t cure. 🙄

Sitka has a 100% guarantee on these waders and will repair or replace. Barb wire rips and normal wear and tear from extended use will be repaired at a nominal fee....Whatever that is. Read where guys had sprung leaks the first season and everything was covered, no charge, including shipping both ways.

I’m gonna give them a try and see what happens this season.

I still got my Cabela’s 5mm waist high waders for rough trench work jump shooting ducks in drainage channels.

🦫

PS

I appreciate everyone’s recommendations on other waders....I put all of them into my notes folder for future needs.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Had my eye on them but can’t make myself pull the trigger. Let me know how they work out for you.

Put some miles on them over the summer so if they give up the ghost, they do it before your waist-deep in swamp mud.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I get wanting primo waders. Nothing more miserable than leaking waders when there's ice on the pond so to speak.

I use mine for ducks and steelhead and spend a lot of time busting brush to get where I need to be. Haven't found anything that really holds up so I just go with 300 dollar ones, knowing I need to repair by year 2 and replace by year 3.

Fleet Farm specials.

Simms tho - locally, have an EXCELLENT reputation and I'm wanting to try a pair - dedicate them to steelhead to get them to last.

Me

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

573 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 56 invisible), 2,539 guests, and 1,398 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,695
Posts18,475,147
Members73,941
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.