Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Teal
Well - as someone who's driving and someone blows a stop sign, I locked up my brakes and for the split second was thinking I was going to kill someone. Not a great feeling. I don't know if you've ever been responsible for someone losing their life, even not directly, but I have and it's an uber [bleep] feeling. One I don't need again because some idiot in a unitard wants to be "legal on the road same as cars" but unwilling to follow the same rules.

People in cars make mistakes too but I've yet to see a motorist run EVERY red light/stop sign they come across like cyclists do. It's not a "mistake" it's willful disregard followed by indignation at the guy doing it the right way when they're almost wiped out.

How would stopping for the stop sign affect you as a cyclist?

Yes why can't the bicyclists stop for the damned stop signs? Would you just walk out in front of a moving car?

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Buck720
We have a group of bicyclist in our small town that think they own the road and spread from the white to the yellow line. I will be glad when someone accidentally hits one of them because they sure cause traffic issues.

Nothing quite as agonizing is those big small town traffic issues. Weaponizing a motor vehicle can get an idiot shot.

Maybe so but creating road rage incidents can get a bicyclist run over.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
J
I hear the sound of paranoia by the OP.

Now i must wonder why. Are motorists just crazy or could there be a reason for paranoia, such as guilt or fear of Karma?

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the left.

A Nation which leaves God behind is soon left behind.

"The Lord never asked anyone to be a tax collector, lowyer, or Redskins fan".

I Dindo Nuffin
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Teal
Well - as someone who's driving and someone blows a stop sign, I locked up my brakes and for the split second was thinking I was going to kill someone. Not a great feeling. I don't know if you've ever been responsible for someone losing their life, even not directly, but I have and it's an uber [bleep] feeling. One I don't need again because some idiot in a unitard wants to be "legal on the road same as cars" but unwilling to follow the same rules.

People in cars make mistakes too but I've yet to see a motorist run EVERY red light/stop sign they come across like cyclists do. It's not a "mistake" it's willful disregard followed by indignation at the guy doing it the right way when they're almost wiped out.

How would stopping for the stop sign affect you as a cyclist?

Yes why can't the bicyclists stop for the damned stop signs? Would you just walk out in front of a moving car?

I hear that "cyclists blow through" stop signs all the time in these discussions. I drive between 25,000 and 40,000 miles a year in all kinds of traffic situations. I have never witnessed a cyclist "blow through" an intersection without looking. I have never had to brake for one failing to yield right of way and have never witnessed anyone else have to. Accident data isn't great, but what we have tells us that it's not common that cyclist are hit while "blowing through" stop signs or stop lights. The bottom line is that it doesn't happen often. Even with the subset of the cycling population that doesn't qualify for a driver's license. On the very rare occasions cyclists are hit when they fail to yield right of way, it rarely injures the other party.

Running stop signs and traffic lights is a very common cause of serious motor vehicle crashes. Save your indignation for something that fugging matters.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
In our small town there are places they there are bike trails and the bikes still ride two abreast down the road.I wonder why if they ride on the roads why not plate them and let them help with the road costs.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Buck720
We have a group of bicyclist in our small town that think they own the road and spread from the white to the yellow line. I will be glad when someone accidentally hits one of them because they sure cause traffic issues.

Nothing quite as agonizing is those big small town traffic issues. Weaponizing a motor vehicle can get an idiot shot.

Maybe so but creating road rage incidents can get a bicyclist run over.

Running over cyclists can get motorists shot. See the OP. I know it's fun to invoke the rule of gross tonnage and use it it bully, but some cyclists are prepared to get real on a bully.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mossback
In our small town there are places they there are bike trails and the bikes still ride two abreast down the road.I wonder why if they ride on the roads why not plate them and let them help with the road costs.

Can you tell me how your municipal, county/borough, state and federal roadways are funded? While you are advocating for more government, why not advocate that pedestrians who walk on the road have plates too?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Good shoot by the Mexican. I had a smallish seat bag I carried a Security Six in while riding. It barely fit and woulda been a pain to retrieve quickly, but still....

There is a road near the house that I routinely travel. Horrible road to cycle on. Low visibility with tight turns, rises and dips, vegetation, absolutely no shoulder.
Every once in a while there’ll be some douchebag or three riding on it. One of them gonna get splatted sooner or later. Just hope it ain’t me driving when it happens. That’d ruin my day.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Good shoot by the Mexican. I had a smallish seat bag I carried a Security Six in while riding. It barely fit and woulda been a pain to retrieve quickly, but still....

There is a road near the house that I routinely travel. Horrible road to cycle on. Low visibility with tight turns, rises and dips, vegetation, absolutely no shoulder.
Every once in a while there’ll be some douchebag or three riding on it. One of them gonna get splatted sooner or later. Just hope it ain’t me driving when it happens. That’d ruin my day.

You always have the option of not outdriving your line of sight!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nah.
Some roads are simply a bad idea to cycle on.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Nah.
Some roads are simply a bad idea to cycle on.

I can only hope it's not a tractor (or other SMV) or a stalled car you carelessly slam into.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Me too. Like I said, it’d ruin my day.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Damn cyclists anyways, SOB needs to get to the range! The asswhole is gonna live.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Can you tell me how your municipal, county/borough, state and federal roadways are funded? While you are advocating for more government, why not advocate that pedestrians who walk on the road have plates too?
Pedestrians do not have the legal right to walk in the travel portion of the highway and impede traffic but I would be ok with a state permit for use of a public road for whatever purpose. On another note, it may just be my mistaken perception but adult male bicycle riders seem to have sugar in their gas.

Last edited by Hastings; 07/06/21.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings

Pedestrians do not have the legal right to walk in the travel portion of the highway and impede traffic but I would be ok with a state permit for use of a public road for whatever purpose. On another note, it may just be my mistaken perception but adult male bicycle riders seem to have sugar in their gas.

MORE GOVERNMENT NOW!

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger

When I have the option of not ruining my own day, I exercise that option.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I've never understood the entitled attitude of cyclists.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by copperking81

And motorists don't have that sense of entitlement?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

When I have the option of not ruining my own day, I exercise that option.

So you don’t ride on low visibility roads with no shoulder? Good on ya.

Schit happens, buddy. Everyday.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by copperking81

And motorists don't have that sense of entitlement?
After all those roads were developed for motorized vehicles. Maybe a minimum speed limit would help.Kind of hard to maintain 45 MPH.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.
Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Hebrew Roots Judaizer
Page 3 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1lessdog, 1beaver_shooter, 160user, 64 invisible), 2,991 guests, and 1,239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,674
Posts18,534,218
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.