Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by JGRaider
That's the reality Jud, for sure. I always shake my head at the "I hate the commie Chicom products" crowd that also own Chicom stuff, like UPhiker. We all do whether we like it or not because we have no choice lots of times. Still doesn't hide the fact that we all "support the Commies".

You said it yourself. A lot of the time, we have no choice. But when we do, we should opt to buy domestic, or at least not Chinese. I remember the thread from a few months ago when it was posted that Trijicon was suing Holosun for patent infringement. Most of the posters were pro-Holosun, because it was "just as good, but cheaper".

Yep, point being, you support Chicom's too.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Judman
You just can’t escape it!! Went campin last weekend, Ol lady bought a tommy Bahama beach umbrella from Costco, I get er out, set er up, damn nice unit. I’ll be god damned big Ol “made in China “ sticker on the pole!! It’s everywhere, no escaping it!!

There's no escaping it completely, but I damn sure look for options.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
That's the reality Jud, for sure. I always shake my head at the "I hate the commie Chicom products" crowd that also own Chicom stuff, like UPhiker. We all do whether we like it or not because we have no choice lots of times. Still doesn't hide the fact that we all "support the Commies".

You said it yourself. A lot of the time, we have no choice. But when we do, we should opt to buy domestic, or at least not Chinese. I remember the thread from a few months ago when it was posted that Trijicon was suing Holosun for patent infringement. Most of the posters were pro-Holosun, because it was "just as good, but cheaper".

Only when I have to. You keep bragging about what a patriot you are, though. Sometimes being a patriot has to hurt in the wallet.

J
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

Only when I have to. You keep bragging about what a patriot you are, though. Sometimes being a patriot has to hurt in the wallet.

How so?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Go to your local grocery store and check out where the products came from. Lots of canned/bottled vegetables from China and seafood from Indonesia and Malaysia to name but a few. Even name brand stuff, not just store brands.

For some reason, people around here will pay a premium for Irish butter, doesn't butter all come from the same place?

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What about Chinese puzzy?

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

No bias currently and unlikely to change.

Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Go to your local grocery store and check out where the products came from. Lots of canned/bottled vegetables from China and seafood from Indonesia and Malaysia to name but a few. Even name brand stuff, not just store brands.

That's not been my observation with exception to seafood items mentioned.

It's all good. Just a topic for discussion.

I'll stoke myself a bit here. In 2021, I have purchased a lathe. I upped my investment about 80% to buy a superior machine made in Taiwan rather than a fairly similarly capable Chinese unit. I never understood that Taiwan Republic of China does not mean it is a part of the commie China, they are actually proclaiming they are the proper and non-com China. Support Taiwan. laugh

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M

How so?

Com'on guys. Nobody is a commie supporter for buying sport optics chit. The commie loving SOBs are in Washington DC.

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer

I'll stoke myself a bit here. In 2021, I have purchased a lathe. I upped my investment about 80% to buy a superior machine made in Taiwan rather than a fairly similarly capable Chinese unit. I never understood that Taiwan Republic of China does not mean it is a part of the commie China, they are actually proclaiming they are the proper and non-com China. Support Taiwan. laugh

Several years ago I got to spend some time with a guy and his family who immigrated from Taiwan. A person more supportive of, and all out patriot in favor of, our Constitutional Republic you can not find. I really didn't know much about Taiwan until I spent some time with him.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
In terms of hurting the American worker, buying Japanese or German may even cause more harm than buying Chinese...

IC B3

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by newmexican
In terms of hurting the American worker, buying Japanese or German may even cause more harm than buying Chinese...

Except the Japanese and Germans aren't currently potential enemies. How do you think the Chinese are funding their arms buildup? Through foreign trade.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't know if "country of origin" tells the whole story. Might make a good first round gatekeeper, in general, but I'm sure there are many US companies that we may agree that we don't want to support. Maybe they donate to politicians or social causes that we don't like. Or let the consumer be the test personnel for their crappy QC? Just because they are "American", do they deserve a free pass?

So maybe not every foreign led company is as evil as we think? For example, I think Holosun is making some really good products. Yeah, I don't like the fact that they are made in China but the quality seems good and they offer a product for my needs that Trijicon does not. If I buy from Holosun, is my money going to the PRC? I don't know. What if it was going to a freedom loving business person stuck in that country? I don't know about that either, but the company seems to be very in tune with our market and needs. I'd love to see them move to the US, along with production. Unlikely, but I think you get my point. Maybe not every single living soul in China is bad? I know good and bad people from every background, including so-called Americans.

Would I rather support US companies, that have similar values that I/we support? Yep. I also think your family should be your highest priority, then country. Add religion in there, as you see fit. Maybe don't buy so many scopes, and support your chosen USA brand or made in the Philippines/Japan/South Korea/wherever. It's an extremely competitive market, but there are lots of choices for everyone.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My line of thinking is that American optics manufacturing is mostly going to compete with higher end stuff coming out of Japan and Europe, not so much with cheapo Chinese junk. I'm talking jobs, not global military supremacy.

The Japanese might be our allies militarily, but that doesn't mean that their workers benefit at the expense of our own when we buy Japanese instead of American.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

Not shaved and messy as hell. I’ll pass

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

You are the last retarded sister fûckn window licking Popsicle Munching [bleep] that needs to start building rifles in the history of rifles ever!!!! . Please for the love of human kind don’t.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Why buy Chinese [bleep] ? Because MTbackwoodsboomer is getting into manufacturing!! If this crossed window licker can’t win no one can. I’m dying laughing.

I’m embarrassed for you!!!

Last edited by DingoDuk; 07/02/21. Reason: To share my concerns. lol.
U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by DingoDuk
Why buy Chinese [bleep] ? Because MTbackwoodsboomer is getting into manufacturing!! If this crossed window licker can’t win no one can. I’m dying laughing.

So whose sock puppet are you?

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by 4th_point

So maybe not every foreign led company is as evil as we think? For example, I think Holosun is making some really good products. Yeah, I don't like the fact that they are made in China but the quality seems good and they offer a product for my needs that Trijicon does not. If I buy from Holosun, is my money going to the PRC? I don't know. What if it was going to a freedom loving business person stuck in that country? I don't know about that either, but the company seems to be very in tune with our market and needs. I'd love to see them move to the US, along with production. Unlikely, but I think you get my point. Maybe not every single living soul in China is bad? I know good and bad people from every background, including so-called Americans.

Holosun is owned by the Chinese government, just like most of their major corporations.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by DingoDuk

So whose sock puppet are you?

That's Fredricka the manbuttpussy creampie licking jud ifubadoosh faaggo threesome rimqueen ... They always get this way (following me around the 'Fire) when they can't get together to do their cum licking anal threesomes... Kinda sad really. Never bought into Fredricka being a good guy, he's just a cumlicking prick. I just laughed when years ago Stick called him Fredricka and it set him off. LOL

--- Kid Rock 2022

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Why the fuuck you bringing me into this shiit?

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (22250rem, 204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1badf350, 1234, 57 invisible), 2,404 guests, and 1,236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,863
Posts18,517,866
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.