Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by wabigoon
What is a vaccine passport? We have paper shot cards in plastic.

What is being talked about for Canadians that travel is mandatory registration on a special E - app through Canadian border services. As part of this only certain vaccines would be accepted and people vaccinated with a vaccine not approved by Health Canada would require testing and to follow isolation requirements.

Hugh
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Spose, my wife, and I could dress like Sacajawea, and Tonto, and parachute in? laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
We should know in a few days about the status of the border. I am hopeful that fully vaccinated persons will be allowed in. I say this because an anonymous official told CBC that July is more likely. This was written in Canada's Immigration and Citizenship (CIC) news, (a good source for this kind of thing because potential immigrants and their families read it)

Dated 9 Jun 21,

The actual reopening date is still not clear. Trudeau did not offer any timeline. The prime minister had previously suggested 75 per cent of Canadians would need to have a first dose of a COVID-19 vaccine and 20 per cent fully vaccinated in order to ease border restrictions.

Canada is expected to meet this threshold in time for the current travel restrictions expire on June 21, according to reports from a meeting with Public Safety Minister Bill Blair and a group of border-city mayors. Participants in that meeting said Blair did not give a definitive reopening date, but left the possibility open for late June.

An anonymous official, who spoke to CBC, says he is doubtful that the first phase of reopening will begin in June, but suggested July is a more likely start date. By July 21, 75 per cent of Canadians are expected to be fully vaccinated, according to reports from the meeting with Blair.

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/06/tru...border-re-opening-0618320.html#gs.5x0oyq

At the risk of derailing this thread, let me finish by adding this...

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ribka
Is Capt sparkle socks going to leave for vacation again in July!

I doubt JT will be taking a vacay this summer. One of his local minions (Liberal MP Wayne Long) showed up at my door looking for votes and asking about concerns. He mentioned that there will be an election announced later this summer.

The conversation didn't go far after I went into the liberal platform on gun control and making legal gun owners pay for the crimes of criminals. He commented that we still need more gun control at which I told him to get off my property and wasn't interested in his liberal crap. I'd really love to have JT and the Sunshine Band show up at my door.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Is Capt sparkle socks going to leave for vacation again in July!

I doubt JT will be taking a vacay this summer. One of his local minions (Liberal MP Wayne Long) showed up at my door looking for votes and asking about concerns. He mentioned that there will be an election announced later this summer.

The conversation didn't go far after I went into the liberal platform on gun control and making legal gun owners pay for the crimes of criminals. He commented that we still need more gun control at which I told him to get off my property and wasn't interested in his liberal crap. I'd really love to have JT and the Sunshine Band show up at my door.

Your schitshow is getting as bad as ours. Good job on dealing with that facist idiot.

IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by HughW

What is being talked about for Canadians that travel is mandatory registration on a special E - app through Canadian border services. As part of this only certain vaccines would be accepted and people vaccinated with a vaccine not approved by Health Canada would require testing and to follow isolation requirements.

That will go smoothly. Wonder how years will that take to implement? Sounds like the privileged and politically connected (liberals) will travel and the common citizen will remain locked down like a farm animal. I imagine its easier to come take your firearms when you're locked down in your homes and begging for basic human rights.

Last edited by ribka; 07/08/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 1OntarioJim
The prime minister is quoted as saying that no unvaccinated visitors will be allowed into Canada "for a long time". This should clear up things for the anti-
vaccers who want to go fishing or hunting. Now they will have to live with their decision.

Jim

My wife on hearing that said "Good ! " I would think her opinion is the same as the other 80% who have had their shot.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
S
Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
The prime minister is quoted as saying that no unvaccinated visitors will be allowed into Canada "for a long time". This should clear up things for the anti-vaccers who want to go fishing or hunting. Now they will have to live with their decision.

Jim

My wife on hearing that said "Good ! " I would think her opinion is the same as the other 80% who have had their shot.

I think so too. Remember that Trudeau does not make these decisions. He does what he is told by people who are credentialed in the field.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
Yeah, how dare those people not stampede like the rest of the herd! We'll teach them. GD

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

That will go smoothly. Wonder how years will that take to implement? Sounds like the privileged and politically connected (liberals) will travel and the common citizen will remain locked down like a farm animal. I imagine its easier to come take your firearms when you're locked down in your homes and begging for basic human rights.

Well the COVID contact tracing app that the Feds were pushing went significantly over budget. A follow up audit has found that it was gathering personal data which it was not authorized to do and the data was capable of being shared.

So color me a skeptic --- I will just be showing up with my vaccination record book (which is the same one I have used to get into many countries requiring proof of shots for malaria, yellow fever and other stuff) and my passport.

Hugh
IC B3

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
[ I doubt JT will be taking a vacay this summer. One of his local minions (Liberal MP Wayne Long) showed up at my door looking for votes and asking about concerns. He mentioned that there will be an election announced later this summer.

Can you imagine how much more damage the Liberals can do to law abiding firearm owners if they have a majority government. Unfortunately the only NDP member in Alberta is in my riding and her position is the same --- basically abolishment as they cause harm to women. The women participating at the two gun ranges I belong to and at sporting clays club seem to be doing just fine with the firearms they use. Happy faces and enjoying the shooting sports.

Hugh
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
If this passes, looks like Ill have to get my deposits back from two outfitters. One in BC the other in Alberta. I feel bad as both outfitters are really hurting financially and I let them keep my deposits to help them get through this. I feel bad but can't afford to lose the money.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
The prime minister is quoted as saying that no unvaccinated visitors will be allowed into Canada "for a long time". This should clear up things for the anti-
vaccers who want to go fishing or hunting. Now they will have to live with their decision.

Jim

You and your wife are such covid heroes. You need to brag more about getting the shot!!! Im sure you and your wife will be good snitches for capt sparkle socks when it comes time to take the guns from your neighbor or says something negative about your incredibly incompetent govt. . And you can report your Jewish neighbors too while you're at and collect your gold star. So are your vaccines good for life? Ask your wife who I'm sure has a medical degree with an emphasis on virology. lol.

In the meantime the US has let thousands of unvaccinated Canadians cross our border the past 18 months. I see the dark cloud of facism is growing quickly now up north. You should ashamed but sociopaths rarely are

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Jim

The facism and hate runs deep in liberals (facists) . Too bad the NAZI party is outlawed now in Canada. Oh thats right they just changed their name

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
[ I doubt JT will be taking a vacay this summer. One of his local minions (Liberal MP Wayne Long) showed up at my door looking for votes and asking about concerns. He mentioned that there will be an election announced later this summer.

Can you imagine how much more damage the Liberals can do to law abiding firearm owners if they have a majority government. Unfortunately the only NDP member in Alberta is in my riding and her position is the same --- basically abolishment as they cause harm to women. The women participating at the two gun ranges I belong to and at sporting clays club seem to be doing just fine with the firearms they use. Happy faces and enjoying the shooting sports.

good point

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I'm getting the impression that the majority of Canadians would be quite content if they never had another disease ridden Yank come in again. Some of the stories about treatment of Alaskans transiting thru the north were pretty bad. Everything from your basic stinkeye, the middle finger, to refusal of fuel service, to minor acts of vandalism. Maybe it's time for Alaska to put up some real money to upgrade the State Ferries. Just not go where we're not wanted.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I'm getting the impression that the majority of Canadians would be quite content if they never had another disease ridden Yank come in again. Some of the stories about treatment of Alaskans transiting thru the north were pretty bad. Everything from your basic stinkeye, the middle finger, to refusal of fuel service, to minor acts of vandalism. Maybe it's time for Alaska to put up some real money to upgrade the State Ferries. Just not go where we're not wanted.

I live very close to the border of Maine and NB. We here look forward to the border being open both ways and not hearing much negative about it at the local level. Tourism on both sides is hurting as is some shopping from locals. I think most thinking Canadians are looking forward to Americans coming back but the news will always look to publish otherwise.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
One good thing for me with the border being closed was a very good opportunity last year to go to Newfoundland moose hunting. With no US hunters going it was a LOT less expensive with no 2 yr wait. Just called up in July, booked and went in Oct. The ferry is only 5 hrs from here so it all worked out very well. smile

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by flintlocke

flintlocke;
Good morning to you sir, I hope the weather is cooling off a wee bit for you all in northern California.

While I can't address from what sources you're getting that impression - I can only suggest that if it is from any mainstream news source I'd personally tend not to take anything said at face value. The media on both sides of the medicine line sell fear and division - it's apparently their mission in life and frankly they're quite good at it.

Here in BC, in 2018 before our world began to circle the bowl, tourism dollars represented at least $8.7 Billion CDN or about 4% of our GDP. Much of that was cross border visits from stateside.

Our hospitality industry is in a full blown crisis, with pubs, restaurants and small hotels teetering on never coming back from this.

British Columbia pays into federal transfer payments because we're considered a "have" province, while Quebec and much of the Maritimes receive those federal transfer payments. We traditionally do not vote Left/Liberal federally however, so when that group are in power they don't mind sticking it to the west whatsoever.

That's why the Saskatchewan, Alberta and northern BC oil and gas industry has been crippled and yet Saudi oil is refined in New Brunswick.

To me it couldn't be clearer, it's about teaching the uncouth and unwashed west who is boss.

The left leaning Canadian parties do not care one bit if no one ever hunted or fished again. They will give lip service to having indigenous First Nations folks still be able to do it, but it's disingenuous to say the least as some FN bands own the guiding sectors that are being crippled by this all.

I will say too though, that this goes both ways for Canadians attempting to visit the US.

In the '80's we used to make a couple trips to Spokane a year just to shop. One morning in the Sun Tree Inn parking lot - it was just off where Sprague and Division cross - I got up early as usual and decided to walk the parking lot. There were exactly 2 plates there which were not either BC or Alberta plates. I'd guess there were between 150 and 200 cars there.

We used to be able to go down for a jug of milk, a tank of gas, maybe a couple frozen chickens and a brick of .22 ammo - no more. Trap shooters and even pistol shooters used to compete in tournaments stateside and it's all but impossible now. The same for us going south to hunt, the permits to bring a firearm are very, very tough to get. Tough enough that friends who used to hunt pronghorn in Wyoming gave up.

After 911 the US media began to spread outright lies that some of the terrorists had come from Canada, so the border restrictions were put in place and never lifted. That myth has been repeatedly proven untrue now, but we're still not welcomed into the US by either US Customs or Homeland Security anymore.

In the final analysis then, those who direct what the media says seem to have accomplished their goal sir - as it appears by your statement that the impression you're getting is what they want you to get - you know?

Anyways, I apologize if my words sound peevish and frustrated, but here in my part of BC tourism is roughly a third of our GDP and we're hurting badly. I am frustrated beyond words at Crown Prince Sparkle Socks and his evil minions which to me include our media.

Here's to brighter days and better travels for us all sir.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 07/09/21.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trudeau doesn't shed any tears over a few businesses ruined, neither does Horgan....fact.....both these azzholes would like to see them go broke so they can transfer the licences to the FN.
They would like the G/O to be only run by FN and the FN would like that too. Everyday the border is closed is another step forward for their agenda.

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

522 members (219DW, 219 Wasp, 1badf350, 1936M71, 222Sako, 1234, 59 invisible), 2,433 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,440
Posts18,489,455
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.