Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 24 25
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Why fire up a furnace in the house during the summer?

Pay to heat the oven while the AC tries to cool the house as energy prices skyrocket; seems brilliant.

I enjoy cooking, I enjoy being outside, so I love cooking outside. Saving money on energy is a bonus.

I find little joy in standing in the sun over a fire with ambient temp between 100 and 110, after spending 10 hours in that heat all day at work.

Yes, I can afford to buy the electricity to pump the oven heat back outside.

It's a hell of a lot cheaper than pellets, charcoal, or propane to run a grill. So that is a specious argument.

My AC works very well and my ovens are also well insulated. Very little heat escapes from using them. Cooking inside does not contribute to heating my house, summer or winter, in any significant way.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Around the homestead, that is?

Folks talking all the time about grill this, barbecue that, and even outdoor griddles.

Sure up in the woods camping, feeding a tribe, that's a thing.

Just a couple of us on a hunting trip, we're cooking over the campfire, just like Grandpa and Uncles always did.

But around the house? Hell, I have a perfectly good electric range. And if the power goes out, there's a gas range in the RV.

After thirty years of marriage with no outside grill, Momma thought we needed one, cause everyone else has one! I told her, after thirty years, if we had needed one, we would have had one. But no, she insisted.

It sat on the deck for five years, and got fired up three times. One of which was to smoke a twenty five pound turkey with hickory chips. It was not bad, but did not match what the guy at the butcher plant can do.

I finally sent the thing home with my son. Six months later, he threw it on a load going to the dump. That was almost five years ago.

Now Momma is talking about paying big bucks for a Traeger. WT actual F?

I could purchase another handgun with that kind of cash. Or pay for serious upgrades to the coming 1911.

Turn in your fugking man card and you’re banned from the The Campfireroom

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Around the homestead, that is?

Folks talking all the time about grill this, barbecue that, and even outdoor griddles.

Sure up in the woods camping, feeding a tribe, that's a thing.

Just a couple of us on a hunting trip, we're cooking over the campfire, just like Grandpa and Uncles always did.

But around the house? Hell, I have a perfectly good electric range. And if the power goes out, there's a gas range in the RV.

After thirty years of marriage with no outside grill, Momma thought we needed one, cause everyone else has one! I told her, after thirty years, if we had needed one, we would have had one. But no, she insisted.

It sat on the deck for five years, and got fired up three times. One of which was to smoke a twenty five pound turkey with hickory chips. It was not bad, but did not match what the guy at the butcher plant can do.

I finally sent the thing home with my son. Six months later, he threw it on a load going to the dump. That was almost five years ago.

Now Momma is talking about paying big bucks for a Traeger. WT actual F?

I could purchase another handgun with that kind of cash. Or pay for serious upgrades to the coming 1911.

Sorry, bud. If you have an electric kitchen range, you’re out of your depth to post about cooking.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
This would be a good time to see what VarmintGuy contributes.

Just as a reminder, he says I never post anything interesting. 🤪
Yet to see him post pics of anything.

Probably some are tired of seeing this, ain’t really a pig-in-the-ground pit. It’s more for butts/shoulders

And yeah yeah, the blocks are not mortared. Just stacked and filled. WGAF it’s for bbqing

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Slummy just blew his out door cooking load

LOL

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
IC B2

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by slumlord
So, just come in from outside grilled 5 burgers. So I can have something to eat the next two days. And see this thread. 😃

Weber kettle
Chargrill ceramic egg
Weber Genesis propane
Hotpoint propane outdoor range top
Masterbuilt 40” electric smoker
Stainless frankegrill (can do 3 chicken and 3 butts)
8ft x 3ft concrete block lined, ground pit. (Can do dozens of butts)

I built this 24x24 outdoor area in 2014. All connected to my existing covered porches, smoked polycarbonate clear roof panel.

I don’t have plumbing in it but ai have a triple sink on our other patio, our outdoor canning patio.

Was not going to cover it at first but decided I’d get more use out of the slab. We set up a pool table or unfold ping pong table, have a 10x12 screen and projection I can set up too.

Used to duct jack to get all my LVLs up and in place, fab’d all my brackets. Mrs slumlord did all the tile and rock work. Just us. Like always.

Looks great! Rather kick around there than inside anyday!

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This would be a good time to see what VarmintGuy contributes.

Just as a reminder, he says I never post anything interesting. 🤪
Yet to see him post pics of anything.

Probably some are tired of seeing this, ain’t really a pig-in-the-ground pit. It’s more for butts/shoulders

And yeah yeah, the blocks are not mortared. Just stacked and filled. WGAF it’s for bbqing

Dang them are some big ass potatoes

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
IS, I’m just speechless...I offer my condolences to your orphaned and then murdered grill.

So, just come in from outside grilled 5 burgers. So I can have something to eat the next two days. And see this thread. 😃

Weber kettle
Chargrill ceramic egg
Weber Genesis propane

Slum is an man card carrying member, by contrast.

LOL

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"But around the house? Hell, I have a perfectly good electric range".

Said no straight man ever............

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by GregW

I cook about the same on the grill as I do in the kitchen.

Your loss, honestly....

Must be like religion. Folks do not understand, it is no loss if you don't care for it.

Apparently, I am in the extreme minority on this issue. It ain't the first time that has happened.

But then I can easily completely skip eating for 24 to 48 hours with no bother or discomfort. If Momma did not cook and shove food under my nose, I would probably weigh about 120 lbs, and people would be thinking I had a meth habit.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob

I’d rather have a Traeger than yet another handgun.

Exactly. If I was starting from scratch I'd have a gas grill with sear burner, pellet grill, and probably a kamodo grill before I'd buy a third handgun. Hard to do without CCW and a bear revolver, but after that it'd be grills.

For sure.

We probably cook outside on the gas grill or pellet grill at least a 100 days a year minimum. Better tasting food, less mess, keeps the house cool. Especially during the summer. Except for boiling water the range/oven hasn't been on in 2 weeks.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I do a lot of grilling not so much to be out on the deck although I like that too but mostly for the food. Burgers and steaks don’t taste right cooked in a pan other foods can come close but are still better grilled.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
We grill at least twice a week in the warmer months, and occasionally when it’s cold. The meat tastes much better grilled.

NRA Patron
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B

Your loss, honestly....

Must be like religion. Folks do not understand, it is no loss if you don't care for it.

Apparently, I am in the extreme minority on this issue. It ain't the first time that has happened.

But then I can easily completely skip eating for 24 to 48 hours with no bother or discomfort. If Momma did not cook and shove food under my nose, I would probably weigh about 120 lbs, and people would be thinking I had a meth habit.

Good stuff. I think we’re making progress here.

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I cook out a lot, year round. I don't think we even have a broiler pan.

Fall seven times, stand up eight.
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by tndrbstr

Looks great! Rather kick around there than inside anyday!

Youse guys have obviously never lived through an Idaho Desert summer. We had 12 days in June over 95 degrees. It has been recorded at Boise 98 to 107 every day since June 26 with no end expected until near September. We are usually significantly warmer on this end of the valley. For example, Monday is recorded at 103, but I saw thermometers at 111 over here.

But, HEY, it's a dry heat! Right?

As mentioned previously, I HAVE to spend forty hours/week out in that. I find no joy going back into it after I get home.

I used to have to feed and milk cattle, and irrigate, and stack hay all day in heat like this. But that shcitt is well reserved for the young. Now I am older and near retirement. I will take the AC. I have earned it. And I can afford it.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You’re a whiny puzzy . We got it

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cook on this about 3 times a week . Natural gas . I got the griddle that goes in one side from the Weber website .[Linked Image]

Last edited by Rick n Tenn; 07/08/21.
I
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by BobBrown

Your loss, honestly....

Good stuff. I think we’re making progress here.

Progress? I have not changed my mind about anything.

I am in good company. The thoughts of Socrates, Aristotle, Copernicus, and Galileo were unpopular during their lives.

R
Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
R

damn you've been hiding that? Pretending all along to be some backwoods, possum feeding toilet paper hillbilly

Weber kettle
Chargrill ceramic egg
Weber Genesis propane

I built this 24x24 outdoor area in 2014. All connected to my existing covered porches, smoked polycarbonate clear roof panel.

I don’t have plumbing in it but ai have a triple sink on our other patio, our outdoor canning patio.

Was not going to cover it at first but decided I’d get more use out of the slab. We set up a pool table or unfold ping pong table, have a 10x12 screen and projection I can set up too.

Used to duct jack to get all my LVLs up and in place, fab’d all my brackets. Mrs slumlord did all the tile and rock work. Just us. Like always.

Page 3 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 24 25

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

554 members (270wsmnutt, 10gaugemag, 1Longbow, 257robertsimp, 1badf350, 63 invisible), 2,368 guests, and 1,237 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,491
Posts18,529,892
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.