Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Stewardess7,

Do NOT "forget",that you "don't" perpetually think about me...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Perhaps,mention that "claim" again? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Bless your heart,for Lying,Trying,Crying and Whining.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd pick-up a pre-64 model 70 Win in 30-06 and be a happy camper.

Last edited by waterrat; 07/10/21.

I tend to use more than enough gun
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
And swing and a miss, once more. Coming up short is the story of your life, eh Chet? Enjoy your imagination and pretend, I have better things to do like scratch my balls.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by waterrat
I'd pick-up a pre-64 model 70 Win in 30-06 and be a happy camper.

Make mine a fwt....

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Taco2fiddy7
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
It is never not funny how he lives in all your heads rent free.

You greatly over estimate twig boy. He is never a thought in my mind, just a waste of screen space when I browse through forum discussions. He offers nothing but the same, generic, played out insults to everyone across the board, which are meaningless. He used to be kind of entertaining, but for a joke or insult to be funny or effective, it has to have some truth to it. Most of his responses are elementary school playground type junk and not at all tailored to the audience. His BS to me, who cares, not even close to home so not funny or entertaining or anything. If I wanted to insult him I could say he's a sorry @$$ troll who didn't take care of his son, didn't take care of his wife, doesn't take care of his rusted out junk, and doesn't take care of himself which is why his photos remind me of Chet from Weird Science.

[Linked Image from syfy.com]

You proved my point!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
IC B2

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Seekins Havak or Barrett Fieldcraft. I've got both and both shoot half MOA with ease. If I wanted wood I'd go Kimber classic or super America.

U
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
U
I just bought a lightly used Kimber Montana in 6.5 C, not easy to find at the moment.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Ruger M77 Mark II All Weather in .280 Rem, topped w/ 4200 Elite 3-9x40 and toss in a Dayton trigger.
After hunting in the crappy weather I did last fall I wouldn’t do it any other way. Yea it’s my current set up, I could do a all weather Hawkeye if I had to though. Today I just might talk myself into a Tika or Sako .

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
Zastava Mauser Mod 70 left hand action.

Depending on hunting conditions/ animals/environment I would get a .30-06 or maybe .300Win Mag for versatility and availability of ammunition etc..

Could also rebarrel one to another cartridge.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
Ruger M77 Mark II All Weather in .280 Rem, topped w/ 4200 Elite 3-9x40.

Yup .... I have a custom 700 in 280 with SS bbl in a Brown Precision topped with a VX2 3-9. I often think I could sell a lot of what I own and not want for anything if I kept that one rifle.

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K

You greatly over estimate twig boy. He is never a thought in my mind, just a waste of screen space when I browse through forum discussions. He offers nothing but the same, generic, played out insults to everyone across the board, which are meaningless. He used to be kind of entertaining, but for a joke or insult to be funny or effective, it has to have some truth to it. Most of his responses are elementary school playground type junk and not at all tailored to the audience. His BS to me, who cares, not even close to home so not funny or entertaining or anything. If I wanted to insult him I could say he's a sorry @$$ troll who didn't take care of his son, didn't take care of his wife, doesn't take care of his rusted out junk, and doesn't take care of himself which is why his photos remind me of Chet from Weird Science.

You proved my point!

Well, to be fair Montana, of taco’s last 20 posts only 12 of them were him chasing Stick or explaining how he doesn’t chase Stick.
So I wouldn’t say Stick lives in his head rent free, its more like he lives there rent subsidized.

As to the OP, only thing I would be looking at currently (personally) is a Fieldcraft 243 or 7/08, or another Montana chambered in 223 or 7/08 as backup to the ones I already have.

Last edited by KodiakHntr; 07/11/21. Reason: Typo, added info.

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by KodiakHntr

You proved my point!

Well, to be fair Montana, of taco’s last 20 posts only 12 of them were him chasing Stick or explaining how he doesn’t chase Stick.
So I wouldn’t say Stick lives in his head rent free, its more like he lives there rent subsidized.

As to the OP, only thing I would be looking at currently (personally) is a Fieldcraft 243 or 7/08, or another Montana chambered in 223 or 7/08 as backup to the ones I already have.

And since you guys are talking about me, does that mean I'm in your head? Nope, not at all.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
Current production, I'd get a Kimber Montana in 308. Used, a Model 700 in 308. GD

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
The last couple of factory rifles I bought were Weatherby Mark Vs and a Winchester 70. I won’t be buying any more Winchester products. I’ve been pleased with Mark Vs and Vanguards overall.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
What was the issue with Winchesters?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If I can’t change any components on a factory rifle and only get one……I’d go with a Bergara Premier Mountain 2.0 Rifle in 300 win mag.

You ain't about that life.
W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
What was the issue with Winchesters?

Winchester XPS trap gun 12 ga has a very gritty action and pretty stiff for a pump gun. The model 70 FN USA 7x57 has been reluctant to shoot factory ammo or handloads very well. Scopes (2), mounts, bedding, all checked and just doesn’t shoot under 1.5” at 100 yards. I have a Savage 111 7x57 that shoots same ammo and loads under 1”. The Model 70 is a beauty, but looks aren’t everything. I’m sure now that’s why the previous owner sent it down the road. I have one remaining handload with 145 gr LRX to try, then Auf wiedersehen, TTFN, Adios. Happy Trails

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
IMO the man that has a pre64 M70 in 30-06 has it all! Only thing that might be better? A customized Mauser in 06 or 7x57?
Without one, a new rifle? Maybe a top line Kimber or Cooper? Maybe a X Bolt Gold Medallion? But probably a M70 Super grade in 30-06 is what id get!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Had one Custom Cooper Rifle, .22 cal. a few yrs. back.
Custom Deluxe all the way.
Bought it, and Traded it from,and to my favorite Gun store, early serial # and all!
Worst bolt action, as far as smoothness, I ever handled!
Nonexistent, as far as Smooth action, Bolt working in the Chamber.
Not trying to knock the Cooper, at all, just stating facts!
Give me a pre-64 model 70, First Choice!!!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Started buying Cooper Rifles in the mid to late 90's

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Back then about the only way you could get a sub-caliber "factory"rifle was a Cooper.

Lets see,
I've owned at least a couple dozen.....

17 Ackley Hornet, 17 HeBee, 17 MachIV, 17 Fireball, 17 Remington, 19 Calhoon, 20 Vartarg, Tac20, 22 Hornet(2), 222 Rem, 223, 223AI, 22-250, 6 x 47, 6 BR Rem., 243, 6mm-284, 250-3000 AI, 257 Bob AI, 25-06, 6.5-284, 7mm-08(2), 308 Win, 338-06

a representative sample,

The "Classic Stock style is my preference

Model 52 Jackson Game rifle (25-06) was one of my fav's

Model22 Varmint Extreme, 308 Win.

Couple of 7mm-08's (IIRC)

I shoot right handed, but got this Lefty Varmint Extreme in 223 Rem at a great price.

I really liked shooting it from the bench as one could hook his right hand, little finger over the elevation knob and use his thumb to lift the bolt, then load a round with his left hand.

It was a shooter (Primer Test)

Over the years most have followed someone else home,

But still have a few

22 Hornet, 19 Calhoon, 17 Ackley Hornet

20 VarTarg

[img]https://i.imgur.com/HNg8FhG.png[/img]

6mm x 47 (6mm-222 Rem Mag)

I guess I got lucky, as all of mine were shooters, had excellent fit and finish and bolts were slicker than owl-scheit!

as always, YMMV

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 07/12/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Page 12 of 15 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

624 members (16gage, 1badf350, 1moredeer, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 60 invisible), 2,947 guests, and 1,284 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,959
Posts18,519,447
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.