Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Ok geedub, classiest sumbitch on the the fire!! Love it buddy.👍

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by waterrat
I'd pick-up a pre-64 model 70 Win in 30-06 and be a happy camper.

Make mine a fwt....

Me too,,,,,,,,,

I tend to use more than enough gun
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Taco2fiddy7
Originally Posted by KodiakHntr
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
It is never not funny how he lives in all your heads rent free.

You greatly over estimate twig boy. He is never a thought in my mind, just a waste of screen space when I browse through forum discussions. He offers nothing but the same, generic, played out insults to everyone across the board, which are meaningless. He used to be kind of entertaining, but for a joke or insult to be funny or effective, it has to have some truth to it. Most of his responses are elementary school playground type junk and not at all tailored to the audience. His BS to me, who cares, not even close to home so not funny or entertaining or anything. If I wanted to insult him I could say he's a sorry @$$ troll who didn't take care of his son, didn't take care of his wife, doesn't take care of his rusted out junk, and doesn't take care of himself which is why his photos remind me of Chet from Weird Science.

[Linked Image from syfy.com]

You proved my point!

Well, to be fair Montana, of taco’s last 20 posts only 12 of them were him chasing Stick or explaining how he doesn’t chase Stick.
So I wouldn’t say Stick lives in his head rent free, its more like he lives there rent subsidized.

As to the OP, only thing I would be looking at currently (personally) is a Fieldcraft 243 or 7/08, or another Montana chambered in 223 or 7/08 as backup to the ones I already have.

And since you guys are talking about me, does that mean I'm in your head? Nope, not at all.

And since you guys are talking about me, does that mean I'm in your head? Yeah you got me, but it is more like I am paying for the comedy show! Because it is never not funny how you all get so dam consumed by someone! Specially when that someone you say is retarded! So who is the retard?????

Last edited by MontanaCreekHunter; 07/12/21.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
Geedubya, classy impressive, thanks for the pics! About 15 years ago, I wanted a Jackson Squirrel Rifle, but my CZ 452 was so deadly accurate, I fought it off!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Great looking Rifles! (Collection)

Known for their great Accuracy!!!

Just not for me!

I Learned a long time ago to Separate My Want's from My Needs!

A man's Gotta Do What a Man's Gotta Do!

Know Thy Self!

TRUMP DID WIN!!!
IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R

You greatly over estimate twig boy. He is never a thought in my mind, just a waste of screen space when I browse through forum discussions. He offers nothing but the same, generic, played out insults to everyone across the board, which are meaningless. He used to be kind of entertaining, but for a joke or insult to be funny or effective, it has to have some truth to it. Most of his responses are elementary school playground type junk and not at all tailored to the audience. His BS to me, who cares, not even close to home so not funny or entertaining or anything. If I wanted to insult him I could say he's a sorry @$$ troll who didn't take care of his son, didn't take care of his wife, doesn't take care of his rusted out junk, and doesn't take care of himself which is why his photos remind me of Chet from Weird Science.

You proved my point!

Well, to be fair Montana, of taco’s last 20 posts only 12 of them were him chasing Stick or explaining how he doesn’t chase Stick.
So I wouldn’t say Stick lives in his head rent free, its more like he lives there rent subsidized.

As to the OP, only thing I would be looking at currently (personally) is a Fieldcraft 243 or 7/08, or another Montana chambered in 223 or 7/08 as backup to the ones I already have.

And since you guys are talking about me, does that mean I'm in your head? Nope, not at all.

And since you guys are talking about me, does that mean I'm in your head? Yeah you got me, but it is more like I am paying for the comedy show! Because it is never not funny how you all get so dam consumed by someone! Specially when that someone you say is retarded! So who is the retard?????

I hope you’re not paying…. I usually sit back and enjoy the show, for free.

It’s never not funny.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by robertham1

You proved my point!

I hope you’re not paying…. I usually sit back and enjoy the show, for free.

It’s never not funny.

Not a Penny! smile

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Wow, about all I got out of this thread is that some gay midget doesn't like Tikka's.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Judman
Ok geedub, classiest sumbitch on the the fire!! Love it buddy.👍

Actually Jud, the classiest denizen of these here fora is Dwayne.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

But geedub does win the crown for the one who has the most toys.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by WAM
What was the issue with Winchesters?

The model 70 FN USA 7x57 has been reluctant to shoot factory ammo or handloads very well. Scopes (2), mounts, bedding, all checked and just doesn’t shoot under 1.5” at 100 yards. I have a Savage 111 7x57 that shoots same ammo and loads under 1”. The Model 70 is a beauty, but looks aren’t everything. I’m sure now that’s why the previous owner sent it down the road. I have one remaining handload with 145 gr LRX to try, then Auf wiedersehen, TTFN, Adios. Happy Trails

Interesting. I have the exact same rifle (SC FN 7x57 fwt) with the exact same issue. I'm gonna try one or two more things then I think I'm going to send it to one of the accuracy shops. I really like the fit and feel, just want it to shoot as well as my others.

RM

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Guys, these facts are interesting to me.

The ONLY rifle I've owned that would not group 4 or 5 into 1" (outside - outside) was a B B R
Browning Bolt Rifle in the 80s. It would throw 1 out of 4 outside every time.
It was NOT always the same # shot, it might be 1, or 3 or 2.

Sent it to Browning, Morgan Utah, They worked on the bolt AND the inletting >> SAME SAME.

It -Shows to Go- ya there are lemons in everything man made.

Jerry

jwall- *** 3100 guy***

A Flat Trajectory is Never a Handicap

Speed is Trajectory's Friend !!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by jwall
Guys, these facts are interesting to me.

The ONLY rifle I've owned that would not group 4 or 5 into 1" (outside - outside) was a B B R
Browning Bolt Rifle in the 80s. It would throw 1 out of 4 outside every time.
It was NOT always the same # shot, it might be 1, or 3 or 2.

Sent it to Browning, Morgan Utah, They worked on the bolt AND the inletting >> SAME SAME.

It -Shows to Go- ya there are lemons in everything man made.

Jerry

Not to derail this thread, but it's been a real heart-breaker for me. I really like the feel, fit, and finish of the rifle, but so far it's been erratic. I know three- four- or five-shot groups don't mean anything, but if I shoot a four shot group, three of the four will be within about a half to 3/4 inch of one another, with the fourth landing at least an inch or more away. And it's never consistent as to which of the four it is. It's completely random. I've done all of the check issues: scope, bases, bedding, torque, etc., different bullets, different powders, etc., and it's always the same thing. I've not used Seafire's 3031 trick yet, simply because I don't have any, but the last thing I'm going to try is either a 120- or 140-grain TTSX with Big Game, Hunter, and IMR4350. If I still can't get anywhere I'll send it to someone to wring it out. I have one recommendation, others are welcome. In any event, I won't be sending it down the road since at this point I have too much emotional turmoil invested in it. We shall see.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Like many before have posted Tikka T3X Lite or Superlite in either 7mm08 or 308.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Marshhawk
Like many before have posted Tikka T3X Lite or Superlite in either 7mm08 or 308.

Add stainless and I’m your huckleberry.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Pharmseller

Me too..

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
I’d go with a Tikka!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd go a Mauser M12. The design is a bit different but I'm really enamored with mine.

Blued walnut for me.

Last edited by Elvis; 07/15/21.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Might have bought it last year I don't know. Was a used tikka T3x blued with 24" barrel in 6.5C for 425 bucks. Smooth shoots nice, my impression was it's a lot of gun for the money. Yeah I like the 24" barrel too. I allways get enthused when I get a lot of gun for little money. Mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Technically speaking, you're not his huckleberry; the rifle is. grin

I'm sorry, I had to, lol.

24HCF in its entirety, is solely responsible for why my children do not have college funds, my mortgage isn't paid-off and why I will never retire early enough to enjoy the remainder of my life.

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

625 members (1badf350, 16gage, 1moredeer, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 58 invisible), 2,987 guests, and 1,294 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,959
Posts18,519,447
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.