Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#16254770 07/15/21
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It seems I buy a new one every 3 years no matter how well I take care of it. My brother bought a Weber gas’s grill a few years ago, burners and heat grates and cooking grates all heavy SS. The unit itself top and bottom is 1/4” or so thick cast Aluminum. Those go for around 1500.00 and was more than I wanted to spend. Last week at Sam’s they had a “Sams “ brand and it was their Pro series. It’s a new grill for this year and it mimics my brothers Weber to a Tee if not better. 5 burner and less than half the cost of the Webber. Anyway one showed up this week at the house for my birthday, will get put together on Sunday and I’ll let you all know how it goes.

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Have a GS4 Weber 3 burner.......'bout 2 YO now.......NG connection

$700 sumthing........great grill.......use it nearly everyday cookin' sumthing

Last edited by tikkanut; 07/15/21.

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I burn charcoal. I like the flavor.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WayneShaw
I burn charcoal. I like the flavor.

Love charcoal and have an Egg and a Webber kettle but sometimes a gas grill is nice for the week days.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tikkanut

Have a GS4 Weber 3 burner.......'bout 2 YO now.......NG connection

$700 sumthing........great grill.......use it nearly everyday cookin' sumthing
Got the same grill about 5 years ago. Only thing that I replaced was the flavor bars that cover the ss burners. My last weber lasted around 15 years and I replaced it with the gs4. Hope I get the same years out of this one.

living the good life every day
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tried the more expensive grills and the cheaper one. Don’t see much differents. Bought a cuzinart last year, works great. I think it was around 300.00,stainless,5 burner plus side burner. Stainless tube burners.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I bought a Modern Home Products grill about 12 years ago. It was I believe about $1000 then. I buy a new set of burners every 4/5 years and it’s still works great.

NRA Patron
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
I can trash a charbroil in one year, a few others as well. I get temps as high as they are capable of before I sear a steak. In other words, I run them WFO.

Had best luck with Webber. Rebuilt a 2 burner twice. Finally after 10 years the frame was breaking down. Bough another Webber this year, got cast grates, stainless burners & flavor bars from the start. A huge plus.

A 3 burner this time. Didn't think just the wife & I need that, but love the extra room & temp control. Happy with it.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have an 8 year old Weber that I use often, I use at 600+ degrees and that I don't do a good job of cleaning. I love the thing. I have replaced some parts, but overall I am very satisfied with it. I have seen those Sams grills, and they do appear to be sturdy. I can't remember if it has an opening in the back of the lid. Webers don't, and it allows them to trap heat. Most gas grills have a very large opening that allows too much heat to escape.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Happy
Campfire 'Bwana
T

Chicken wings & fries on mine tonight-------- grin

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

I found that regardless the brand, for simple basic grilling on gas grills, cooking whatever on a baking pan with a grate insert to catch drippings instead of directly on grill grate surface itself greatly extends the lifespan of the grill internals and has absolutely no effect whatsoever on the taste of the food, and as a added plus, it's much, much easier to clean just the baking pan than the grill internals.

[Linked Image from assets.wsimgs.com]

Last edited by joken2; 07/15/21. Reason: added photo
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Pizz on the cheap, China made crap grills. I bought a TEC infrared grill about 5 years ago. I use it a couple of times per week. No issues what-so-ever. During a hurricane in Florida about three years ago, a tree limb fell on it. The glass was broken and one grate was bent. The company replaced both at zero cost.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Propane grills are not made to withstand the proper steak cooking temperatures. you need about 1200-1500 degrees. flimsy Propane grills are complete garbage and a waste of money.

Get a Natural Gas BBQ Galore. get the Turbo. the 4 burner 32 or 38 inch one, that's the last one you will ever need. It's about $3k.

either that or stay with charcoal. you can get charcoal to 1000 degrees in a ceramic grill.

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
I have seen those Sams grills, and they do appear to be sturdy. I can't remember if it has an opening in the back of the lid. Webers don't, and it allows them to trap heat. Most gas grills have a very large opening that allows too much heat to escape.

Again just to clarify, the grill I am referring to is new for this year. I would bet it is the same mfr as the Webber ones. Five burners and a side burner.

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
I use to burn one out every year. 3 years ago bought a Weber Genesis. Nothing is burned through in it. Have a leg of lamb in it on the rotisserie right now.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I believe I will go with the pellet grill. My son bought one a couple years ago and it works great, no flare ups, and food taste great. You can get all kinds of flavors of pellets. Orchelin has quite a selection of pellets bulk, you put what you want in 5 gal. bucket. I am tired of using charcoal and LP gas..

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
It seems I buy a new one every 3 years no matter how well I take care of it.

I went through this cycle a number of times, until I bought a Weber about eight years ago. I have a 3-burner model, with the searing station and side burner. It was $850, if I remember correctly, purchased from a local hardware store. Mine has the painted exterior and stainless grill.

It works great and I haven't had one lick of trouble with it. I wish I would have bought one years earlier and save a lot of headache in dealing with the crappy (but not cheap) grills.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by sidewinder72
I believe I will go with the pellet grill. My son bought one a couple years ago and it works great, no flare ups, and food taste great. You can get all kinds of flavors of pellets. Orchelin has quite a selection of pellets bulk, you put what you want in 5 gal. bucket. I am tired of using charcoal and LP gas..

I had a pellet grill for a while, but it was disappointing. When it worked, it was fine, but it was temperamental to keep running correctly.

My Patio GFCI outlet seems to enjoy ruining logic boards. Wiped out the board in my electric smoker, as well. I have since started using an extension cord form inside the house, and I haven't had a problem since.

The grill area on the pellet stove is too small to be a serious fish smoker, for me anyway. I can make more fish per batch in a dedicated smoker.

When I left pellets in the hopper, they swelled with humidity and caused issues with the auger mechanism. PIA!

Pellet grills make a great tasting product, no doubt, but I just couldn't get past the other drawbacks to keep fussing with it.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Bought a Weber Silver B back in the late 90's for around $450 if I remember right. Still using it. Parts are still available. I've replaced the burners 2 or 3 times, The Flavor bars probably 4 or 5 times and the grate a few times. The body is made of aluminum and still in good solid shape. Still works like new. That's what is nice about Weber, they still make parts for the older grills to keep them running like new at a reasonable price. It's a heck of a lot cheaper than buying a new one. It also sits outside year round with a cover when not being used.

3825 24336
W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
If you like a portable gas grill, I'll put in a plug for a Weber, 'Q".[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

540 members (1beaver_shooter, 1234, 1lesfox, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 58 invisible), 2,372 guests, and 1,267 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,383
Posts18,488,595
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.