Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 673
Trudeau doesn't shed any tears over a few businesses ruined, neither does Horgan....fact.....both these azzholes would like to see them go broke so they can transfer the licences to the FN.
They would like the G/O to be only run by FN and the FN would like that too. Everyday the border is closed is another step forward for their agenda.

673;
Top of the morning to you my friend, we actually got rain this week and I hope you all did too.

Regarding your post, I can only say from your lips to God's ears sir.

Frustrated doesn't begin to describe my present state when it comes to Sparkle Socks or Horgan.

Despite all of that, I hope you have a good day and decent weekend.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

GB1

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by BC30cal
[quote=flintlocke]I'm getting the impression that the majority of Canadians would be quite content if they never had another disease ridden Yank come in again. Some of the stories about treatment of Alaskans transiting thru the north were pretty bad. Everything from your basic stinkeye, the middle finger, to refusal of fuel service, to minor acts of vandalism. Maybe it's time for Alaska to put up some real money to upgrade the State Ferries. Just not go where we're not wanted.

flintlocke;
Good morning to you sir, I hope the weather is cooling off a wee bit for you all in northern California.

While I can't address from what sources you're getting that impression - I can only suggest that if it is from any mainstream news source I'd personally tend not to take anything said at face value. The media on both sides of the medicine line sell fear and division - it's apparently their mission in life and frankly they're quite good at it.

Here in BC, in 2018 before our world began to circle the bowl, tourism dollars represented at least $8.7 Billion CDN or about 4% of our GDP. Much of that was cross border visits from stateside.

Our hospitality industry is in a full blown crisis, with pubs, restaurants and small hotels teetering on never coming back from this.

British Columbia pays into federal transfer payments because we're considered a "have" province, while Quebec and much of the Maritimes receive those federal transfer payments. We traditionally do not vote Left/Liberal federally however, so when that group are in power they don't mind sticking it to the west whatsoever.

That's why the Saskatchewan, Alberta and northern BC oil and gas industry has been crippled and yet Saudi oil is refined in New Brunswick.

To me it couldn't be clearer, it's about teaching the uncouth and unwashed west who is boss.

The left leaning Canadian parties do not care one bit if no one ever hunted or fished again. They will give lip service to having indigenous First Nations folks still be able to do it, but it's disingenuous to say the least as some FN bands own the guiding sectors that are being crippled by this all.

I will say too though, that this goes both ways for Canadians attempting to visit the US.

In the '80's we used to make a couple trips to Spokane a year just to shop. One morning in the Sun Tree Inn parking lot - it was just off where Sprague and Division cross - I got up early as usual and decided to walk the parking lot. There were exactly 2 plates there which were not either BC or Alberta plates. I'd guess there were between 150 and 200 cars there.

We used to be able to go down for a jug of milk, a tank of gas, maybe a couple frozen chickens and a brick of .22 ammo - no more. Trap shooters and even pistol shooters used to compete in tournaments stateside and it's all but impossible now. The same for us going south to hunt, the permits to bring a firearm are very, very tough to get. Tough enough that friends who used to hunt pronghorn in Wyoming gave up.

After 911 the US media began to spread outright lies that some of the terrorists had come from Canada, so the border restrictions were put in place and never lifted. That myth has been repeatedly proven untrue now, but we're still not welcomed into the US by either US Customs or Homeland Security anymore.

In the final analysis then, those who direct what the media says seem to have accomplished their goal sir - as it appears by your statement that the impression you're getting is what they want you to get - you know?

Anyways, I apologize if my words sound peevish and frustrated, but here in my part of BC tourism is roughly a third of our GDP and we're hurting badly. I am frustrated beyond words at Crown Prince Sparkle Socks and his evil minions which to me include our media.

Here's to brighter days and better travels for us all sir.

Dwayne

[/quote
As usual Dwayne, good to hear from you and well spoken sir. My anecdotal information comes from friends that I made when I lived in AK, and worked building the Prudhoe Bay field, I've known them for going on 50 years. In their advancing years they do the snowbird thing, and last fall, 3 couples told me of incidents coming south, mostly betwixt Haines Jct and Watson Lk. Maybe it had nothing to do with license plates or covid. They are old folks like me, and probably don't drive as fast as they should, which annoys people I know. Anyway, it bothered them enough, they are leaving their RV's in the lower 48, and Ferry or fly. I have in-laws in Lillooet area, and talking to them, they were, like you, surprised and saddened to hear of the hostility incidents up north. Maybe it's nothing.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
flintlocke;
Thanks for the reply and further information sir.

I have no explanation for the abhorrent behavior of some of the folks up north other than to guess - and it is a guess - that they are both stoked by media/government induced fear and not connected with the hospitality industry in any way.

That they're not critical thinkers goes without saying.

It's been far too easy for non critical thinkers who are sitting at home getting fat receiving more government money than they've ever made in their lives to behave poorly.

We've set up a perfect storm here in so many ways with this "money for nothing" scheme going on from federal and provincial levels.

Any of us who've run a business or balanced a checkbook for that matter are acutely aware that money comes from someplace in order for it to be spent. Seemingly this small tidbit of truth is lost on far too many Canadians at present, but so help me sir, there's a few of us who are doing our level best to educate or at very least have folks think occasionally.

When I heard comments like that up here, I would mention to the person making the comment that we have absolutely no background knowledge as to how long that vehicle has been here locally or who is driving it, so to jump to any conclusion beyond that is less than logical.

Again, I lay this squarely at the feet of the governments in power and their media henchmen in this morass. Fear mongering does not begin to describe what they've been doing more or less continuously for more than a year now.

Just last night some talking head doctor on the news was warning us that a new beer flu variant which has popped up in some section of the planet "could be" vaccine resistant and "might be" more virulent than even the last one he'd warned us about. Then the reporter had to end with grave warnings for us all of course.

Good heavens, it's small wonder that suicides are the primary cause of firearm deaths in Canada, you know?

If it wasn't such unsubstantiated wild speculation most times I'd be less inclined to be lining the battered Bailey cowboy hat with foil, but so help me sir, they just keep on keeping on and I'll need to go to Costco for the king sized roll pretty soon.

For whatever it's worth, I'll apologize for my uninformed and ill mannered fellow Canadians actions. The behavior was idiotic at best.

Again, here's to brighter days and smoother traveling for us all. I personally have Zion down in Utah, the Grand Canyon, Florida and at least one more trip to Hawaii on my personal bucket list.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The thing about the "border closure" is it, like most government sponsored ideas, uses a broad brush to try and address specific issues. The covid virus came into the country via air travel and all early outbreaks were centered on cities with international airports. Nonetheless, there was never any serious attempt to require international travelers to quarantine until they were known to be virus free. When the "variants of concern" made their appearance, it was, initially in those same cities with international airports. Restrictions placed upon people traveling in their own vehicles have been just as stringent as those placed upon travelers from Wuhan. Canada, as seems to be popular in some quarters, seemed happy to penalize Americans, especially those living in border states, while catering to the rest of rest of the world; with special attention given to the third world.
Now, with some movement toward a tentative re-opening of the border, we continue to be facing the same restrictions in traveling between here and Eureka, Montana as do travelers between Vancouver and Seattle or Toronto and Windsor; not to mention between Mumbai or Bejing and Vancouver. If I was to travel from my home, twenty miles north of the border, to a state campground, forty miles south of here, on the same lake, I am required to go through the same steps as if I was traveling from Miami. Steps I don't have to be concerned with, by the way, if I am traveling from Vancouver or Toronto; both places which are homes to covid and its variants.
Trudeau has made the comment that Canada won't be welcoming unvaccinated Americans for a long time. Yet, I'm pretty sure I could invite the entire population of Rexford, Mt., vaccinated or not, to my place for the weekend and increase my risk not at all.
Our restrictions are intrusive, ineffective, and discriminatory. Supporters of the restrictions placed upon our neighbours and allies often seem to be doing so more out of an anti- American prejudice with covid being the excuse. GD

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
In New York history of politics were changed when all those white Irish immigrants voted.. In Canada , it's the same except instead of Irish, it's Asian .

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Governments also work in strange, and mysterious ways.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by downwindtracker2
In New York history of politics were changed when all those white Irish immigrants voted.. In Canada , it's the same except instead of Irish, it's Asian .

We need an interpreter here...anyone know wtf he just said?

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Yes. In NYC, the political influence of the Irish rose markedly in the late 1800s into the 1900s. In essence, the Irish controlled the city until FDR became governor of the state in 1930.

He is saying that the number of Asians voting in Canada will influence the politics here.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
And have been for the last fifty years. GD

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Yes. In NYC, the political influence of the Irish rose markedly in the late 1800s into the 1900s. In essence, the Irish controlled the city until FDR became governor of the state in 1930.

He is saying that the number of Asians voting in Canada will influence the politics here.

Thanks Steve.
That is a concern, lets be honest and have a look at who/what the United front is...the arm of the CCP in Canada.
Estimates are low and likely BS, it is 20,000 members. Consideration needs to be given to the fact that....not all Communists are Asian, but if we are going to let our enemy operate freely within our Country then we have nobody to blame but ourselves.

IC B3

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Trudeau comes to BC to spew his filth for the upcoming election. He promises cash, meets with his Communist counterpart, eats a couple hamburgers for the camera, kisses at least one baby.

Their People, otherwise known as (Citizens) are taking a economic pounding and these two azzhats are campaigning for the camera.
The media LOL, is going all out for Trudeau's brilliant leadership, the Chanks and phags love his lying spew.

There isn't an ounce of Godliness in either of these two Communists.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-us-border-vaccinations-1.6105110

Canada is getting ready to welcome the world again, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau quietly indicated late Thursday as his office disclosed a target of mid-August for when the border might reopen for fully vaccinated Americans.
---

Details of the opening are to be revealed next week.

Translation: We will be opening. We just haven't got anything figured out yet. Give us a week to work things through.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Did you notice how many reporters raised the Vance lawsuit with him today ? smile

Correct, none.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter

Canada is getting ready to welcome the world again, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau quietly indicated late Thursday as his office disclosed a target of mid-August for when the border might reopen for fully vaccinated Americans.
---

Translation: We will be opening. We just haven't got anything figured out yet. Give us a week to works things through.

I hope to GOD you are right.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Yes this whole idea of reopening the border was sprung so fast that the Government will need sometime to prepare for it!

The complete incompetence of the current Government is mind-boggling.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

---

Translation: We will be opening. We just haven't got anything figured out yet. Give us a week to works things through.

That CBC article mentions that recent pressure from the US is one reason for the opening. Had the situation been reversed and the CDN gov't pressured the US for a change in policy, we'd likely get the punt.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
How many millions of dollars lost?

I'm looking froward to getting back,"Up".

The friends are more important than the fishing!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
I hope if we are allowed to cross over that we will be welcomed visitors.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Now perhaps we can feed Paul, and his wife some Ioway beef!

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Longbeardking
I hope if we are allowed to cross over that we will be welcomed visitors.

You would most certainly be welcome here in BC.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

592 members (160user, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1936M71, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 62 invisible), 2,656 guests, and 1,347 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,946
Posts18,480,304
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.