-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 27 of 57 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 56 57
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I hunt under the authority given to me via Genesis 1:26 and the laws of the political geographic entity where the hunt is taking place. Ethical hunting is all well and good, but when a potential B&C record is in your sights you may be tempted by the dark side of your soul to take a suboptimal shot. Maybe not going so far as to spray and pray, but not passing on the shot because it might not be a DRT shot.

Or so it seems to me.

GB1

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
This thread was a lot more fun when we were running down Leupold. Now PETA is in the house.

#flatbillers

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I have never had any issues with Leupolds. Killed lots of stuff with them. I do not dial. Yet…

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Flatbill boomers, a new fringe group.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, they're out there.

Jackwagons..

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

IC B2

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
I didn’t even like Leupolds that much until they became damned near the only game in town when it comes to a reasonably light and trim scope. I don’t dial and I will never have any use for it hunting on my property. I doubt there is one single place where I can see even 300 yards. Pine plantations and pin oak flats just don’t require any dialing.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by hookeye
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
This thread was a lot more fun when we were running down Leupold. Now PETA is in the house.

#flatbillers

I was under the impression the flatbiller was the guy with the Creedmoor lobbing shots at game at 1000+. Now it's the opposite. Makes sense. wink

BTW, still not a fan of anything Leupold outside of discontinued FX series. No hate though.

'Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.' -Carl Sagan

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I didn’t even like Leupolds that much until they became damned near the only game in town when it comes to a reasonably light and trim scope. I don’t dial and I will never have any use for it hunting on my property. I doubt there is one single place where I can see even 300 yards. Pine plantations and pin oak flats just don’t require any dialing.

Exactly. And that is what pisses off the haters. They look good and they work.
The tacticool gang can have their ugly scopes on riser mounts and brag about their 1000 yard setup that most likely will get used at 10% of that range.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KenMi

The tacticool gang can have their ugly scopes on riser mounts and brag about their 1000 yard setup that most likely will get used at 10% of that range.

I'm sorry but you are mentally insane. I would never ask anybody to shoot any further than they feel comfortable with. If I'm hunting with my 45-70, and I've taken much game with one, 150 yds is a long shot. So when I carry the 45-70, I hunt in area's that ensure success within the envelope of that's cartridge's limitations. When I'm hunting with a 21" Light Palma Barreled 260 Rem, shooting a 129 Grain Nosler LR Accubond at 2800 FPS, I'll hunt in areas best suited to it's virtues. Which is longer ranges. But if I decide to hunker into a blowdown with it, and take what comes at close range, it will work just fine, thank you.

Do you not do the same?? If you never hunt any where you can shoot further than say 300 yds, how do you know what is and what is not possible?? Why mock that which you clearly cannot do, and no desire to learn to do so. I do not mock you for your limitations. You are what you are, no more, no less.

I hunt woods, swamps and thickets. I've taken way more game under 200 yds, then over 200 yds. But I also hunt power line right of ways, farmers fields, recently logged over woodlots, all which can provide an opportunity for some longer range shooting. Does that mean if a deer walks out at 75 yds, I'll pass on it to wait for a longer shot?? Not in your life.

Even I have limit of no more than 500 yds. and maybe less depending on conditions, wind, rain, mist, fog, snow, mirage, et al. I can shoot and hit much further, but %'s decline, and bullets fail to open if you stretch out too far. Hitting an animal at range is not that hard, but killing it can be problematical, and I like the odds to be in my favor. Do you do not the same, at whatever ranges you like to hunt at??

I don't brag about my rifles, I don't post endless pictures, and and I don't mock others equipment. So why mock me and mine??

I'll tell you what rifles I shoot, what loads I use, and what equipment I favor and why. But I don't ask you carry, use or buy the same.

Again, I don't hate users of Leupold scopes, I just dislike the company, for reasons I already stated above. They produce nothing of value TO ME. If they produce value for you, then go on, and do you thing. And I'll quietly do mine.

Last edited by Shadow; 07/16/21. Reason: clarity
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Shadow
Originally Posted by KenMi

I'm sorry but you are mentally insane. I would never ask anybody to shoot any further than they feel comfortable with. If I'm hunting with my 45-70, and I've taken much game with one, 150 yds is a long shot. So when I carry the 45-70, I hunt in area's that ensure success within the envelope of that's cartridge's limitations. When I'm hunting with a 21" Light Palma Barreled 260 Rem, shooting a 129 Grain Nosler LR Accubond at 2800 FPS, I'll hunt in areas best suited to it's virtues. Which is longer ranges. But if I decide to hunker into a blowdown with it, and take what comes at close range, it will work just fine, thank you.

Do you not do the same?? If you never hunt any where you can shoot further than say 300 yds, how do you know what is and what is not possible?? Why mock that which you clearly cannot do, and no desire to learn to do so. I do not mock you for your limitations. You are what you are, no more, no less.

I hunt woods, swamps and thickets. I've taken way more game under 200 yds, then over 200 yds. But I also hunt power line right of ways, farmers fields, recently logged over woodlots, all which can provide an opportunity for some longer range shooting. Does that mean if a deer walks out at 75 yds, I'll pass on it to wait for a longer shot?? Not in your life.

Even I have limit of no more than 500 yds. and maybe less depending on conditions, wind, rain, mist, fog, snow, mirage, et al. I can shoot and hit much further, but %'s decline, and bullets fail to open if you stretch out too far. Hitting an animal at range is not that hard, but killing it can be problematical, and I like the odds to be in my favor. Do you do not the same, at whatever ranges you like to hunt at??

I don't brag about my rifles, I don't post endless pictures, and and I don't mock others equipment. So why mock me and mine??

I'll tell what rifles I shoot, what loads I use, and what equipment I favor and why. But I don't ask you carry, use or buy the same.

Again, I don't hate users of Leupold scopes, I just dislike the company, for reasons I already stated above. They produce nothing of value TO ME. If they produce value for you, then go on, and do you thing. And I'll quietly do mine.

It appears that Ken struck a nerd.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[/quote]

Your like a bunch of giddy school girls, unable to have civil conversation about anything. In a way you all worse than Big Stick, he plays the fool and yanks your chain, but you Paul and others, you are the fools. Not adults, but children, vain, jealous, and trying like mad to be one of the cool kids, which you think will help you gain entrance into the big mob of mental midgets that hang out here.

I pity you.....

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Your like a bunch of giddy school girls, unable to have civil conversation about anything. In a way you all worse than Big Stick, he plays the fool and yanks your chain, but you Paul and others, you are the fools. Not adults, but children, vain, jealous, and trying like mad to be one of the cool kids, which you think will help you gain entrance into the big mob of mental midgets that hang out here.

I pity you..... [/quote]

Show me your man bun.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

I pity you.....

And not a single thought from you that suggests what others think may have relevance...only what you think matters.

Then you espouse the idea that all others are children because they don't think as you do, there is a name for that..."fuckwit'.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Seriously, you chose "shadow" and expect anyone to take you seriously...what are you, a 10 yo?

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Everytime I see a scope that looks like this

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It reminds me of a car with rims like this

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Fudd

Last edited by Castle_Rock; 07/17/21.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
Fudd

Ha, don't know about Willto but I ASPIRE to be a Fudd.

I think it is the hat and the characters he hangs about with!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Willto
Everytime I see a scope that looks like this

It reminds me of a car with rims like this

The top picture is a useful item...... the bottom picture is a useless item.... if you think they are the same, that would make you a fool.... nice try though.. wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Fudd

You are thinking of Elmer..... he was cool the other Fudd not so much

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Fudd

You are thinking of Elmer..... he was cool the other Fudd not so much

Only one I am aware of...is there another?

Page 27 of 57 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 56 57

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

490 members (10gaugemag, 204guy, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 58 invisible), 2,805 guests, and 1,297 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,981
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.