Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
CAS Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
It started leaking oil, and after a week it was bad enough that it would leave a pretty good puddle after only an hour or so sitting.

Turns out it was the gasket around the dipstick. Easy fix and I had the truck back in half a day.

While I was in there, I asked the service manager about any worries about the Superchips Tuner voiding the warranty. Basically he said that Ford was talking tough, but that they would have to go through the trouble and expense to do the required testing to PROVE that the tuner caused any failure before they could deny warranty coverage. The owner of the dealership told me the exact same thing.

I tend to believe them, as I know both of the guys really well (I shoot ducks with the owner, and hunt deer with the service manager). Still though, I think I might just quit using the tuner for a while until someone else can be the guinea pig. Apparently there are a lot of Superchips and Bullydog tuners in use, as they are backordered everywhere.

I'm up to 8,000 miles, and the mileage and power just keep getting better. I don't know if it is the new flash from the factory, the tuner, or just luck, but I can't tell that the regen cycle is going while driving until I stop and let it idle.

GB1

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
Originally Posted by CAS
While I was in there, I asked the service manager about any worries about the Superchips Tuner voiding the warranty. Basically he said that Ford was talking tough, but that they would have to go through the trouble and expense to do the required testing to PROVE that the tuner caused any failure before they could deny warranty coverage. The owner of the dealership told me the exact same thing.

Horse$hit. Go to www.thedieselshop.com and do a search for "denied warranty". I have yet to read of anyone with a tuner who took in a truck with a busted motor that hasn't had their warranty denied. Ford consistently denies warranties for tuners, that's just a fact. Ford doesn't have to prove anything to deny your warranty, they just do it and it's up to you to prove that the tuner didn't cause the damage. Many thousands of $ of lawyer bills and you might get a new engine, but don't count on it. I've never heard of anyone fighting Ford on a warranty denied for a tuner and winning. What those guys told you is dead wrong.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Ford isn't alone in denying warranty for juiced up engines/trucks. A few years back, the local Ford and DOdGe dealer showed me a letter from Chrysler that told them to void any vehicle warranty w/a chip or similar mod. I'd think that GM would have a similar policy. Blown engines or drivetrain failures can be very expensive to repair. MI VHNTR

The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
CAS,

My Bro in Law was one of them service chaps with Mutha Ford. He said sure as chit, they'd deny a warranty and make the owner prove otherwise. Not worth the gamble for me.

My biggest mod on my last 06 was a turbo back MBRP to reduce egt. That's as far as I'll take it.

Good luck and hope for no more leaks.

Last edited by Mac84; 09/14/07.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

541 members (257 roberts, 260Remguy, 22kHornet, 1Longbow, 2500HD, 257Bob, 54 invisible), 2,509 guests, and 1,228 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,595
Posts18,511,248
Members74,002
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.