Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 40 of 41 1 2 38 39 40 41
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter
Really? How else will the world put an end to the arguing and killing over religion and bring about "peace and harmony" if not by distilling all religion down to the "basic beliefs" that all will agree on?

Sure won't happen by "pulling the plug" on a forum.

The world will never be able to do that. God will take care of this himself.

Steve

><}}> "A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have" Thomas Jefferson <{{><

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Shipster
Originally Posted by prairie dog shooter
Really? How else will the world put an end to the arguing and killing over religion and bring about "peace and harmony" if not by distilling all religion down to the "basic beliefs" that all will agree on?

Sure won't happen by "pulling the plug" on a forum.

The world will never be able to do that. God will take care of this himself.

Steve

On steroids!

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by RickBin
I'm about to start a brand new website called 24hour_antiCatholic.com.

I figured why distract from a perfectly nice hunting and shooting website with the weekly bloodletting of Catholics from the cheap seats.

This way, we can do the anti-Catholic thing on time, all the time ... oh wait, wasn't that CATC???

I was tired of the chickensh!t operators.

Rick

I noticed that the plug was pulled on the Supposedly Christian forum. You did the correct thing, as many were degenerating to name calling: calling other religions' cults, wicked and worse. It came down to if you didn't believe in certain people's way, ther could be no commodius discussion. Some could not agree to disagree.

I've never seen such a bunch of intolerance and ignorance in a supposed Christian forum in my life.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I've never seen such a bunch of intolerance and ignorance in a supposed Christian forum in my life.

Do tell. I seem to remember some of your posts on that site were not always full of harmony and accord. grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Kahuna Emeritus &
Campfire Outfitter
For some reason, the nice nondenominational folks who ruled CATC could not recognize that the word Mormon was not spelled Moron. I'm surely not a Mormon, but I respect them and surely recognize their right to worship God in any way they choose.

Calling them "Moron" time after time after time goes way beyond poor spelling. And it goes beyond the occasional id slip.

It is bigotry. And that was Rick's point.

Steve

"God Loves Each Of Us As If There Were Only One Of Us"
Saint Augustine of Hippo - AD 397

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Dogzapper.

I am the guy who did the misspelling and told everyone it was an error. I knew nothing about the Mormon religion and asked some hard questions on the form. Once a MORMON came forward and responded to my questions I said "good enough for me" and that was the end of it. I take people at their word.

As for the rest of the form I told Rick that nothing he posted or did would stop those attacking Catholics or anyone else for that matter within Christ at The Campfire. I know this from personal experience within my own family. So taking the whole thing down was the only way to stop people who are unable to stop themselves. Than again maybe Rick was under the influence of the Devil? After all there is something Diabolical about this. crazy Still get a chuckle about that post. grin

Anyways I think the form brought out the worse in nearly everyone. That was true for me. Few if any are without some degree of guilt and none behaved at their very best. I sure didn't.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Looks like this has turned into a pretty good thread. Reckon it's gonna die? cry

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by dogzapper
For some reason, the nice nondenominational folks who ruled CATC could not recognize that the word Mormon was not spelled Moron. I'm surely not a Mormon, but I respect them and surely recognize their right to worship God in any way they choose.

Calling them "Moron" time after time after time goes way beyond poor spelling. And it goes beyond the occasional id slip.

It is bigotry. And that was Rick's point.

Steve

I'm the only nondenominational guy I knew of that posted with any regularlity on CATC. I think you have your "facts" misplaced. Lots of that going on.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Besides, non-denominational is a denomination of its own. grin laugh wink

(sure glad I'm denominational. wink Didn't get painted with that brush. blush Maybe ya otta think about joinin' up, Brother Rick. grin)

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't listen to him Rick! I don't think I caught any flak at CATC until I owned up to being a Baptist . Didn't make any difference that the church I belonged to shut down in 1987 and I ain't found another one yet .

I think it is good to have a denomination so you can know what you are deviating from !

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
. . . . or just believe the Bible and deviate as much as it dictates, and smile and carry on . . . lovin' the Lord. wink

Brother Keith

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
You guys are funny! grin

I know you have often said that non-denom's were just another denom, Keith, but certainly not like the others. Go to 10 and you will find 10 different takes on many things. That makes it kind of hard to find the right one: you never know just what their approach to different doctrinal topics will be. That's not nearly as true for the other flavors. Most follow the party line on most of the visible stuff though the pastor may give or even preach some variations on some things.

I just like to follow the Bible's teaching about all things as close to what it says as possible. I find that the more you understand the less there is to follow. Put it all into loving God and your brother as yourself and the rest is mostly there to see who can trip over it. Lots do. Some don't have enough to trip on so they add more. That's not for me.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[/quote]

I'm the only nondenominational guy I knew of that posted with any regularlity on CATC. I think you have your "facts" misplaced. Lots of that going on. [/quote]

Whoa, RickyD,
Don't be aligning this ol' bigot with them denomination guys! Never did claim a denomination and never will. Reckon that makes it harder for them to " flame " me, whatever that is. grin Way I see it from the scripture, when I became a Christian, I became a member of the one and only true church, that being Gods'. And I find in the same book words that say " for there is no other name given under heaven by which you must be saved." Good enough for me for all eternity! smirk

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You've got it, BigBuck215!!! God won't care what denomination we were when we get to Heaven... He will only look to see if Jesus' blood has washed our sins away.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Whoa, RickyD,
Don't be aligning this ol' bigot with them denomination guys! Never did claim a denomination and never will.
Like I said, the only one I knew of. Now I knows more better. wink

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Looks like both of y'all volunteered instead of being drafted .

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Thanks, Penny

I became a Christian in 1978 and have always enjoyed being called just a Christian. Why be proud of being recognized as something else? Denominations made the scene long after the New Testament Church, Gods' Church, was started. Hooray for Christians! grin

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
The only reason I have a denominational tag is because people tag me anyway. I run against a lot of the other men who claim the same denomination. I am a Christian first and foremost, and I attend a church with a tag. Amen on the blood washing me clean. Amen on the church which is his body. If ya came spoiling for an argument from me, ya came to the wrong place.

Anyone that is saved volunteered, Gene. Even the babtists, and I certainly know what a strange concept that is to some of them. grin

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No suh...........

I ain't spoilin' for no trouble in no way. Don't want to get something crosswise. grin

Hey, that tape make ya sick?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah , I know Keith but lotsa folks just kinda got drafted into Mama and Daddy's church and never really explored nothing else . I ain't saying there is anything wrong with that concept at all .

It just come to me as an adult one day that I never was allowed to believe there was not a God . So I allowed myself to start over with an open mind . I just couldn't get my head around the idea of a creation without a Creator of some kind .

Once I started visiting with Whatever it was that built all this He started showing Himself to me a little at a time . It didn't take very long for me to see that - sure enough - He was Jesus . He That Built All THis is how I thought of Him for awhile .

I had been baptised in a Baptist church back when I was drafted and I knew that - as a group - they didn't believe too much stuff , but what they believed went plumb from top to bottom . Still left a feller plenty of room to come up with his own take on most stuff .

And that's the way I like it .

Page 40 of 41 1 2 38 39 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

117 members (5sdad, 673, 300_savage, 1minute, 35WhelenNut, 6mmCreedmoor, 13 invisible), 1,583 guests, and 937 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,207
Posts18,503,863
Members73,994
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.