add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper
Originally Posted by add

I consider you a conflicted f a g.

... or a plant.

How's this for conflicted? Think of your white collar employee in corporate America. They went on from high school to get a college degree in finance, engineering, some kind of science, business etc. so they could presumably make a better salary. If they don't still have student debt, they've probably got a mortgage, car payments, maybe some credit cards, life insurance, and they need health insurance because they've got kids now and they have to be responsible and everything and eventually want to help their kids pay for college too. So they've got a job working for corporate America, the S&P 500, Fortune 100 -- take your pick. Which of these isn't liberal-minded especially when it comes to the 2nd Amendment? Amazon, Apple, IBM, Deloitte, Salesforce, PWC, Bank of America, JP Morgan, AT&T, Facebook, Exxon, Google... If Republican (legislators) are supposed to be pro-Corporate America (as opposed to progressive dems), their affection certainly isn't reciprocated on this issue.

The conflict that the corporate man has stems from his huge investment in appealing to the corporations. His education, career, his family, his home, his healthcare, even where he lives, most all his life is leveraged on pleasing the company or another one just like it. Can he afford to be controversially pro-gun, pro-carry? I don't just mean will they survive career-wise. Do they have any friends that possess this unconventional thinking? What will their family think, the family that directed and supported their ascent through college into this career? The wife's friends? Sure, it's concealed and it doesn't have to be anybody else's business. I wouldn't even suggest that anyone should know. But how many people in this situation are going to that way without some support or guidance from anyone? They never saw their parents do it. They didn't learn it in college. They don't see it visible at the office. Where would they even get the notion, and if they did, what are the chances they'd have the courage to do it?

Tell me more about America...

Euro f a a g.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by add

I consider you a conflicted f a g.

... or a plant.

How's this for conflicted? Think of your white collar employee in corporate America. They went on from high school to get a college degree in finance, engineering, some kind of science, business etc. so they could presumably make a better salary. If they don't still have student debt, they've probably got a mortgage, car payments, maybe some credit cards, life insurance, and they need health insurance because they've got kids now and they have to be responsible and everything and eventually want to help their kids pay for college too. So they've got a job working for corporate America, the S&P 500, Fortune 100 -- take your pick. Which of these isn't liberal-minded especially when it comes to the 2nd Amendment? Amazon, Apple, IBM, Deloitte, Salesforce, PWC, Bank of America, JP Morgan, AT&T, Facebook, Exxon, Google... If Republican (legislators) are supposed to be pro-Corporate America (as opposed to progressive dems), their affection certainly isn't reciprocated on this issue.

The conflict that the corporate man has stems from his huge investment in appealing to the corporations. His education, career, his family, his home, his healthcare, even where he lives, most all his life is leveraged on pleasing the company or another one just like it. Can he afford to be controversially pro-gun, pro-carry? I don't just mean will they survive career-wise. Do they have any friends that possess this unconventional thinking? What will their family think, the family that directed and supported their ascent through college into this career? The wife's friends? Sure, it's concealed and it doesn't have to be anybody else's business. I wouldn't even suggest that anyone should know. But how many people in this situation are going to that way without some support or guidance from anyone? They never saw their parents do it. They didn't learn it in college. They don't see it visible at the office. Where would they even get the notion, and if they did, what are the chances they'd have the courage to do it?

Are you conflicted, working in Corporate America?

Why the interest?

Are you going to run for office to fix it?

"His education, career, his family, his home, his healthcare, even where he lives, most all his life is leveraged on pleasing the company or another one just like it." FFS, if someone is that "leveraged" they really aren't freedom loving and haven't done what was needed to do all their lives.

"Can he afford to be controversially pro-gun, pro-carry?"............... Why be controversial about it? Just do it if it's within the realm of possibility where they live and work.

" Do they have any friends that possess this unconventional thinking?".................Jeebus, join a gun club or something. And "friends" are sometimes worth as far as one can throw them, underhanded, with one arm.

"What will their family think, the family that directed and supported their ascent through college into this career? The wife's friends?"............ When I reached the age of maturity, probably well before that, I quit worrying about what my family would think. I'm sure they wondered why I wandered away from where I grew up, the type of career I picked, the woman I married, the fact we don't have kids, the places we picked to live and work. I/we didn't worry too much about it, I/we did what needed done.

"Where would they even get the notion, and if they did, what are the chances they'd have the courage to do it?"..........Where did the millions of new gun owners get the notion? And from the reports I've seen, it wasn't just "high-prole" folks (whatever the fugg those are) that were in the class of new firearms owners. Rich, poor, black, white, Asian, etc etc etc were lining up buying whatever was available. Pics in the news or lines going around the block at local gun stores. They "got the notion" somewhere.

You worry about this too much Comrade.

Or, you've too much time on your hands and a snootfull.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Beaver10
I thought Bourgeois was a clam sauce.

Did I at least get the clam part right ?

Geno, need a ruling on this one.

🦫

I will defer ruling on this as I am no longer The Smartest Man on the Campfire.

I'll let the new guy answer your inquiry.

Be forewarned, the answer may involve a photo explanation of "Bourgeois" and it likely will include parts that fit large clams.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Valsdad

"Where would they even get the notion, and if they did, what are the chances they'd have the courage to do it?"..........Where did the millions of new gun owners get the notion? And from the reports I've seen, it wasn't just "high-prole" folks (whatever the fugg those are) that were in the class of new firearms owners. Rich, poor, black, white, Asian, etc etc etc were lining up buying whatever was available. Pics in the news or lines going around the block at local gun stores. They "got the notion" somewhere.

Difference between buyers and those that carry. Someone who buys a gun is just a consumer of a product. Same thing with buying a permit (I don't know of any that are free). Someone who regularly carries a handgun concealed is doing more than just purchasing something. It involves a great deal more commitment to the idea. How many of those new buyers even bought a holster? I'm not knocking them. I'm glad more people got the notion to be gun owners. I'm not convinced they will contribute to the normalization of carry for a greater portion of the population.

Last edited by Western_Juniper; 07/18/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Difference between buyers and those that carry. Someone who buys a gun is just a consumer of a product. Same thing with buying a permit (I don't know of any that are free). Someone who regularly carries a handgun concealed is doing more than just purchasing something. It involves a great deal more commitment to the idea. How many of those new buyers even bought a holster? I'm not knocking them. I'm glad more people got the notion to be gun owners. I'm not convinced they will contribute to the normalization of carry for a greater portion of the population.

New rules here in this "liberal" state required I take a refresher course for my Unconstitutional but required permit to carry in order to renew it. Of the 20 or so folks there, I'd say nearly half had to stay for the second half of the training (next 4 hrs) as they had never had a permit. The instructor told me the 3 instructors in their company were booked many weeks in advance, all over NorCal due to the new gunowners.

I would think that in States that are not so strict, many new owners either applied for permits or in some cases just carry Constitutionally. Unfortunately, many probably got permits, carried a little, then decided to only carry when they think they "need to".

In it is contentment

IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Is the growth of actual practice of concealed carry endemic exclusively among high proles, petit-bourgeoisie or the wealthier segment of the working class?

Most often I see it characterized as a thing favored by conservative members of the Republican party and criticized and chastened by liberal members of the Democratic party. Yet it seems equally evident that there are a lot of people, regardless of their political ideology, that do not and will not carry.

* Upper class -- they might own a few Purdeys and if they own a handgun it would be a Webley revolver, but they certainly don't carry it, ever.
* Upper-Middle -- the Mark and Patricia McCloskeys, hopeless affectation at best
* Middle class (American bourgeoisie) -- Clark Griswold, corporate policy forbids it, they're also too insecure to try anything perceived as unconventional, unwilling to offend anyone or assert themselves at the risk of acceptance, most likely to go along with "gun control" out of fear
* High Prole (petit bourgeoisie) -- often richer than the middle class, displayed in their high-end bass boats, $35K turbo SxS, new Harley or KTM motorcycle, and 45 foot 5th wheel with a new high-end turbo diesel duallie; they're also under less supervision at work than the corporate man or the wage slave below them, they may even own the small business, and they carry
* Mid Prole -- Fred Flintstone, Archie Bunker, Homer Simpson, like the white collar office worker, they're under too much supervision to get away with carry that's against company rules and even if they put it on after work to affect a less supervised high prole, they don't often go anywhere but their own house or Walmart. Even when they travel, it's likely to tourist places like Disney resorts. Most likely to open carry (at Walmart).
* Low Prole -- have a good probability of a criminal record, either felony, drugs, or domestic that keeps them prohibited, most likely to carry illegally but most don't because of the greater probability that even if they're lawful, they live in an area that's overpoliced and they're likely to be harrassed

Dag-nabbit!

Its 1:09 AM here and I've gotta get up early.

Now add in Maslow's heirarchy of needs, Maybe a little Charles Murray, a cursory reading of "The Storm before the Calm" and we be sportin', but then again Opinions are like noses!

The generalizations notwithstanding, interesting post!

BTW, Sacred Cows make the best hamburger

May not apply on all levels, but as Kris K sings.......

Here's hoping you got thick skin and hang around for a bit!

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 07/18/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
The inside's good as the outside.
The outside's good as the inside.
And outside's good as the outside, inside out
Inside of you!

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
The inside's good as the outside.
The outside's good as the inside.
And outside's good as the outside, inside out
Inside of you!

Mr R,

how nice to see you and such a post in the "discussion" such as this!

In it is contentment

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I rarely visit here because of the ticks.

Whiskey for my men,
Beer for my horses.

See them tumbling down
Pledging their love to the ground
Lonely but free I'll be found
Drifting along with the tumblin' tumbleweeds...

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
My hide has been toughened.

Ticks are a diversion at times. Unpleasant on occasion, but there is sometimes pleasure in removing and squashin' a big fat one.

In it is contentment

IC B3

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
I rarely visit here because of the ticks.

Whiskey for my men,
Beer for my horses.

See them tumbling down
Pledging their love to the ground
Lonely but free I'll be found
Drifting along with the tumblin' tumbleweeds...

Cream of Tartar tablets to the rescue,
Growing up my dad stuffed me so full of that stuff that 60 years later ticks don't like the way I taste!

If you’re up against a bruiser and you’re getting knocked about —
Grin.
If you’re feeling pretty groggy, and you’re licked beyond a doubt —
Grin.
Don’t let him see you’re funking, let him know with every clout,
Though your face is battered to a pulp, your blooming heart is stout;
Just stand upon your pins until the beggar knocks you out —
And grin.
This life’s a bally battle, and the same advice holds true
Of grin.
If you’re up against it badly, then it’s only one on you,
So grin.
If the future’s black as thunder, don’t let people see you’re blue;
Just cultivate a cast-iron smile of joy the whole day through;
If they call you “Little Sunshine”, wish that THEY’D no troubles, too —
You may — grin.
Rise up in the morning with the will that, smooth or rough,
You’ll grin.
Sink to sleep at midnight, and although you’re feeling tough,
Yet grin.
There’s nothing gained by whining, and you’re not that kind of stuff;
You’re a fighter from away back, and you WON’T take a rebuff;
Your trouble is that you don’t know when you have had enough —
Don’t give in.
If Fate should down you, just get up and take another cuff;
You may bank on it that there is no philosophy like bluff,
And grin........ RW Service!

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 07/18/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Originally Posted by renegade50
Anyone else got pics of their Big F u c king Pistol or Pistols???

Revolvers count too.

Surely their are some fellow campfireites who can share a pic of their Big F u c king Pistol

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
a few, [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Sweet....
Some Big F u c king pistols and Revolvers
And medium to small F u c king pistols and revolvers.

👍👍👍👍😁😁😁😁

Last edited by renegade50; 07/19/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
I like the category Juniper put me in......

What category does a retired, fixed income, working stiff, living on a 7Acre RANCH!, in the remotest region of California fall into?

I'd like to know so I don't cross social lines here on the 24Hour Campfire.

Committing faux pas is not in my genes, but it's a definite possibility if one goes around uninformed.

In the olden days, I heard it was possible to be banished or some scheidt for daring to cross social lines.

Not only that, it was frowned upon by all classes.

Methinks Western Juniper has attempted to redefine the caste system.

Brother Geno,

As you apply pointed out, these categories "they" try to put us in leave a bunch of us out. Luckily. But that is the essence of America... no?
I think W juniper is trying to make a larger point. The point being, they are succeeding in corralling most into categories and using that to control the people.
"They" hate independent thought and actions... they hate free people exercising freedom and firearms represent freedom, and also make it harder for them to take that freedom from us.
This forum is comprised of many of what I would call "glorious bastards" and that is a good thing...... smile
So your choices in life put you in a category of your own!
And Beav is at Safeway looking for Bourgeois sauce..... he too is a glorious bastard.... see how that works?
Anyhow me thinks you fella's are being a little hard on W juniper.... or maybe not, time will tell... wink

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Brother, I’m still at Safeway holding a sack of clams, trying to decide if I need whole milk or heavy whipping cream for the Bourgeois sauce base ?

🦫

PS

W-J does type a nice post...As you said, time should show his intentions.

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Brother, I’m still at Safeway holding a sack of clams, trying to decide if I need whole milk or heavy whipping cream for the Bourgeois sauce base ?

🦫

PS

W-J does type a nice post...As you said, time should show his intentions.

Good grief Brother Beav.....I figured you to be the type that would be out at zero dark thirty on the mud flats hunting clams..... you must not be in the "Bourgeois" class ....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Poster shows such horrid offensiveness and naivety as rich people don't own mere Webley's, we own Webley-Fosbury's. How gauche of this cretin for suggesting we have ownership of such plebian armament.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by jackmountain
It’s like Duck911 and slavek had a love child.

I just saw you post after I replied to the OP.

GFY.

I believe in constitutional carry with ZERO permits or checks for all USA non felons. That is my FIRM stance, and one I actually try to perpetuate and advance, actively..

Duck'O'death found the Bourgeois sauce at the Safeway..... smile

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The OP is completely delusional.

LOL

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict "he" has never owned a camera.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

GFY.

I believe in constitutional carry with ZERO permits or checks for all USA non felons. That is my FIRM stance, and one I actually try to perpetuate and advance, actively..

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave

GFY.

LOL

It was next to the dessert coffee..... now Duck is one of us.

Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1OntarioJim, 10Glocks, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 71 invisible), 2,448 guests, and 1,138 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,701
Posts18,513,757
Members74,010
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.