Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
8 3/8" -2.

4" -2.

Lew Horton .44 Special.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
The EDC that The Duck and the OP are scared to death of. LOL

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My gun may be little... but it's potent smile

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I like the category Juniper put me in......

What category does a retired, fixed income, working stiff, living on a 7Acre RANCH!, in the remotest region of California fall into?

I'd like to know so I don't cross social lines here on the 24Hour Campfire.

Committing faux pas is not in my genes, but it's a definite possibility if one goes around uninformed.

In the olden days, I heard it was possible to be banished or some scheidt for daring to cross social lines.

Not only that, it was frowned upon by all classes.

Methinks Western Juniper has attempted to redefine the caste system.

Brother Geno,

As you apply pointed out, these categories "they" try to put us in leave a bunch of us out. Luckily. But that is the essence of America... no?
I think W juniper is trying to make a larger point. The point being, they are succeeding in corralling most into categories and using that to control the people.
"They" hate independent thought and actions... they hate free people exercising freedom and firearms represent freedom, and also make it harder for them to take that freedom from us.
This forum is comprised of many of what I would call "glorious bastards" and that is a good thing...... smile
So your choices in life put you in a category of your own!
And Beav is at Safeway looking for Bourgeois sauce..... he too is a glorious bastard.... see how that works?

Anyhow me thinks you fella's are being a little hard on W juniper.... or maybe not, time will tell... wink

It's been a while, but IIRC Charles Murray in "Coming Apart" postulates that if you know anybody that knows anybody who owns a pick-up, you're not a member of the elite!

PS: Overview

Charles Murray describes what he sees as the economic divide and moral bifurcation of white Americans that has occurred since 1960. Murray describes diverging trends between poor and upper middle class white Americans in the half century after the death of John F. Kennedy. He focuses on white Americans to argue that economic decline in that period was not experienced solely by minorities, whom he brings into his argument in the last few chapters of the book. He argues that class strain has cleaved white Americans into two distinct, highly segregated strata: "an upper class, defined by educational attainment, and a new lower class, characterized by the lack of it. Murray also posits that the new [white] 'lower class' is less industrious, less likely to marry and raise children in a two-parent household, and more politically and socially disengaged."[2]

Additionally, Murray writes of several differences he sees forming between and causing two emerging classes—the New Upper Class and the New Lower class—among which are differences in or lack thereof in regards to religiosity, work ethic, industriousness, family, etc. Murray goes on to provide evidence that religiosity, work ethic, industriousness, family, etc., have either remained strong or have weakened minimally in the New Upper Class, whereas these same attributes have either weakened substantially or have become almost nonexistent in the New Lower Class. Much of his argument is centered on a notion of self-selective sorting that began in the 1960s and 1970s, when he argues that cognitive ability became the essential predictor of professional and financial success, and people overwhelmingly began marrying others in the same cognitive stratum and living in areas surrounded largely by others in that same stratum, leading to not only an exacerbation of existing economic divides, but an unprecedented socio-cultural divide that had not existed before in America.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coming_Apart_(book)

another tome that I devoured recently.........

The Storm before the Calm

The master geopolitical forecaster and New York Times bestselling author of The Next 100 Years focuses on the United States, predicting how the 2020s will bring dramatic upheaval and reshaping of American government, foreign policy, economics, and culture.

In his riveting new book, noted forecaster and bestselling author George Friedman turns to the future of the United States. Examining the clear cycles through which the United States has developed, upheaved, matured, and solidified, Friedman breaks down the coming years and decades in thrilling detail.
American history must be viewed in cycles—particularly, an eighty-year “institutional cycle” that has defined us (there are three such examples—the Revolutionary War/founding, the Civil War, and World War II), and a fifty-year “socio-economic cycle” that has seen the formation of the industrial classes, baby boomers, and the middle classes. These two major cycles are both converging on the late 2020s—a time in which many of these foundations will change. The United States will have to endure upheaval and possible conflict, but also, ultimately, increased strength, stability, and power in the world.
Friedman’s analysis is detailed and fascinating, and covers issues such as the size and scope of the federal government, the future of marriage and the social contract, shifts in corporate structures, and new cultural trends that will react to longer life expectancies. This new book is both provocative and entertaining.

https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/books/252382/the-storm-before-the-calm-by-george-friedman/

Wonder if I could get away these days with the anecdote about the 4 classes of Mondays!

1Mo'teas
2Moan'backs
3Do'Dahs
4Dija'checks

Quien Sabe,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 07/19/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by jackmountain
It’s like Duck911 and slavek had a love child.

I just saw you post after I replied to the OP.

GFY.

I believe in constitutional carry with ZERO permits or checks for all USA non felons. That is my FIRM stance, and one I actually try to perpetuate and advance, actively..

Duck'O'death found the Bourgeois sauce at the Safeway..... smile

Well, Shît !

What isle ?

I’m not proud at this moment.

Digging clams on mud flats ain’t Beave’s thang...Razor clams, in the surf. I’m there.

😬🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Chisos
Poster shows such horrid offensiveness and naivety as rich people don't own mere Webley's, we own Webley-Fosbury's. How gauche of this cretin for suggesting we have ownership of such plebian armament.

LOL

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
8 3/8" -2.

4" -2.

Lew Horton .44 Special.

Jeezus !

Nice revolvers.

How many beer cans did you return to buy them ?

🦫

“Molon Labe”
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper
Is the growth of actual practice of concealed carry endemic exclusively among high proles, petit-bourgeoisie or the wealthier segment of the working class?

Most often I see it characterized as a thing favored by conservative members of the Republican party and criticized and chastened by liberal members of the Democratic party. Yet it seems equally evident that there are a lot of people, regardless of their political ideology, that do not and will not carry.

* Upper class -- they might own a few Purdeys and if they own a handgun it would be a Webley revolver, but they certainly don't carry it, ever.
* Upper-Middle -- the Mark and Patricia McCloskeys, hopeless affectation at best
* Middle class (American bourgeoisie) -- Clark Griswold, corporate policy forbids it, they're also too insecure to try anything perceived as unconventional, unwilling to offend anyone or assert themselves at the risk of acceptance, most likely to go along with "gun control" out of fear
* High Prole (petit bourgeoisie) -- often richer than the middle class, displayed in their high-end bass boats, $35K turbo SxS, new Harley or KTM motorcycle, and 45 foot 5th wheel with a new high-end turbo diesel duallie; they're also under less supervision at work than the corporate man or the wage slave below them, they may even own the small business, and they carry
* Mid Prole -- Fred Flintstone, Archie Bunker, Homer Simpson, like the white collar office worker, they're under too much supervision to get away with carry that's against company rules and even if they put it on after work to affect a less supervised high prole, they don't often go anywhere but their own house or Walmart. Even when they travel, it's likely to tourist places like Disney resorts. Most likely to open carry (at Walmart).
* Low Prole -- have a good probability of a criminal record, either felony, drugs, or domestic that keeps them prohibited, most likely to carry illegally but most don't because of the greater probability that even if they're lawful, they live in an area that's overpoliced and they're likely to be harrassed

The thug class that your political party of choice has created over the last 70 years,You know (LBJ Great Society) doesn't concern themselves with legal gunshots, form 4473 and concealed handgun classes and permits. GFY.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Is that a K-22 on the top?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K-14.... yours inspired me

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I

Difference between buyers and those that carry. Someone who buys a gun is just a consumer of a product. Same thing with buying a permit (I don't know of any that are free). Someone who regularly carries a handgun concealed is doing more than just purchasing something. It involves a great deal more commitment to the idea. How many of those new buyers even bought a holster? I'm not knocking them. I'm glad more people got the notion to be gun owners. I'm not convinced they will contribute to the normalization of carry for a greater portion of the population.

Apparently you are unaware of vast portions of America where no permit is required to carry a gun, open or concealed.

Most traditional or conservative Americans have little use for socio-economic class distinctions. The belief is prevalent that your ancestry has little or nothing to do with who or what one is today. Hell, we recently had a poor black bastard grow up to be elected President.

From prior comments on this thread it seems many are as unaware of the meaning of your socio-economic terms as I am. So I will let you define my station in life.

At the culmination of my 45 year career, I now earn $25/hour. $52,000 per year for 2080 hours/year. Before taxes.

In 1985, I purchased 20 acres of ground for $8000. In 1994, I purchased a 1200 sq ft 3 bed, 2 bath home to put on that ground for $32,000.

Today the contents of the gunsafe is worth more than the cost of the home and land.

No one in my family had handguns. They had hunting rifles. It is a termination offense if caught on employers property with a weapon.

Yet at 50 years of age, I purchased my first handgun. Fifteen years later I own four 41 magnum revolvers, one of which is Titanium for carry.

I presently own four 327 revolvers, one of which is well suited for carrying in a belt holster, and another which is suited to pocket carry.

And a bolt action handgun, a 22lr revolver, and a new (to me) 1911 with three barrels for three different cartridges.

And all of my kids own and carry handguns today.

So you tell me where the fugg I fit on your spectrum of socio-economic classes.

And Travis, those are some beautiful revolvers. Mine are much more utilitarian.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by deflave
8 3/8" -2.

4" -2.

Lew Horton .44 Special.

Nice fambly.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Is the growth of actual practice of concealed carry endemic exclusively among high proles, petit-bourgeoisie or the wealthier segment of the working class?

Most often I see it characterized as a thing favored by conservative members of the Republican party and criticized and chastened by liberal members of the Democratic party. Yet it seems equally evident that there are a lot of people, regardless of their political ideology, that do not and will not carry.

* Upper class -- they might own a few Purdeys and if they own a handgun it would be a Webley revolver, but they certainly don't carry it, ever.
* Upper-Middle -- the Mark and Patricia McCloskeys, hopeless affectation at best
* Middle class (American bourgeoisie) -- Clark Griswold, corporate policy forbids it, they're also too insecure to try anything perceived as unconventional, unwilling to offend anyone or assert themselves at the risk of acceptance, most likely to go along with "gun control" out of fear
* High Prole (petit bourgeoisie) -- often richer than the middle class, displayed in their high-end bass boats, $35K turbo SxS, new Harley or KTM motorcycle, and 45 foot 5th wheel with a new high-end turbo diesel duallie; they're also under less supervision at work than the corporate man or the wage slave below them, they may even own the small business, and they carry
* Mid Prole -- Fred Flintstone, Archie Bunker, Homer Simpson, like the white collar office worker, they're under too much supervision to get away with carry that's against company rules and even if they put it on after work to affect a less supervised high prole, they don't often go anywhere but their own house or Walmart. Even when they travel, it's likely to tourist places like Disney resorts. Most likely to open carry (at Walmart).
* Low Prole -- have a good probability of a criminal record, either felony, drugs, or domestic that keeps them prohibited, most likely to carry illegally but most don't because of the greater probability that even if they're lawful, they live in an area that's overpoliced and they're likely to be harrassed

The thug class that your political party of choice has created over the last 70 years,You know (LBJ Great Society) doesn't concern themselves with legal gunshots, form 4473 and concealed handgun classes and permits. GFY.

There are plenty of people out there that don't see the need for govt administrivia. They look to their Constitution. Euro phagg has obviously never been out of his schithole and into flyover country.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter

Difference between buyers and those that carry. Someone who buys a gun is just a consumer of a product. Same thing with buying a permit (I don't know of any that are free). Someone who regularly carries a handgun concealed is doing more than just purchasing something. It involves a great deal more commitment to the idea. How many of those new buyers even bought a holster? I'm not knocking them. I'm glad more people got the notion to be gun owners. I'm not convinced they will contribute to the normalization of carry for a greater portion of the population.

Apparently you are unaware of vast portions of America where no permit is required to carry a gun, open or concealed.

Most traditional or conservative Americans have little use for socio-economic class distinctions. The belief is prevalent that your ancestry has little or nothing to do with who or what one is today. Hell, we recently had a poor black bastard grow up to be elected President.

From prior comments on this thread it seems many are as unaware of the meaning of your socio-economic terms as I am. So I will let you define my station in life.

At the culmination of my 45 year career, I now earn $25/hour. $52,000 per year for 2080 hours/year. Before taxes.

In 1985, I purchased 20 acres of ground for $8000. In 1994, I purchased a 1200 sq ft 3 bed, 2 bath home to put on that ground for $32,000.

Today the contents of the gunsafe is worth more than the cost of the home and land.

No one in my family had handguns. They had hunting rifles. It is a termination offense if caught on employers property with a weapon.

Yet at 50 years of age, I purchased my first handgun. Fifteen years later I own four 41 magnum revolvers, one of which is Titanium for carry.

I presently own four 327 revolvers, one of which is well suited for carrying in a belt holster, and another which is suited to pocket carry.

And a bolt action handgun, a 22lr revolver, and a new (to me) 1911 with three barrels for three different cartridges.

And all of my kids own and carry handguns today.

So you tell me where the fugg I fit on your spectrum of socio-economic classes.

And Travis, those are some beautiful revolvers. Mine are much more utilitarian.

Good Morning, dumbfugk

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Absolute horrors of horrors...
As a 16 yr old I carried a .357 Blackhawk as a dispatch pistol deer hunting.
My 1st big f u c king handgun.
Never did use it on a deer.
Fall of 82 before I joined the Army in 83 I coup de grace ( sp?)a good sized 275 pd black bear with it after I put 3 ot6 rounds thru it's chest.
2 in the noggin. Didn't know how a bear was scored, didnt care.
I was pumped the fugg up on adrenaline at the time.
It was awesome using that revolver to gak that bear though!!!
Deer and bear season overlapped back then. Dont know if they still do.
I know .. I know...
Over kill right...
Thing was down for the count anyways....

18 1/4th inch skull...
With 2 157gr rattles in it .
At my moms house to this day.

Sorry.... But I dont have any pics....

But it did happen....
😁😁😁😁👍👍👍

Last edited by renegade50; 07/19/21.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Just to stir the schidt, does everyone here carry all the time? I have heard a lot of rationalizations for not carrying in the past, hopefully that has changed. I doubt it.

The OP remains a moron, who really likes to type. Bourgeois, proletariat, satanist all in one post defines a phony of camper like dimension.

WJ, GFY some more.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
A couple of you have asked about what "class" you're in. If you haven't asked, don't let me presume to tell you.

In America, class has very little to do with heredity or whether you come from a noble family, the way it does in Britian or Europe. It has some but not just because. The cause is incidental. Social class also has less to do with how much money you have. It has a lot more to do with what you do to have the money.

The upper class in America do nothing to get their money. So while one doesn't inherit "nobility" in America, they can inherit money which goes a way to establishing social status not because of the wealth but because of the leisure by which it is attained. Ironically, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk will never be upper class because they did something to attain their wealth, something as vulgar as having an idea for some new thing. They're tasteless nouveau riche, along with Justin Bieber. They're strictly middle class simply with a perverse amount of money.

Middle class people work for their money, but if you're wondering if you're middle or working class, you can find the answer most easily by stating your alma matter. Again, Americans don't have a system of nobility, so they invented this substitute for heraldry. Just having a college degree doesn't equal status. Which university it's from makes all the difference. If that doesn't make it clear enough, you can answer how many suits you own. The suit has been the uniform of the middle class. While it's fallen from fashion, unless you're in your twenties, you'd still have a fair collection of them. You could also consider the number of flights on commercial airlines you typically take in a year. The airlines are overwhelmingly for the middle class. Uppers and lowers wouldn't tolerate the humiliation. Middles do it for their corporate masters. Besides the corporations, middles work as professionals: physicians, lawyers, dentists.

The working class might start to think of themselves as landed gentry once they've got more than an acre. An easy distinction between them and the middle is whether they ever risked injury in their work. How many physicians, finance managers, senior directors of marketing or executive vice presidents with a degree from the University of Iowa ever risked a work-related injury, ever?

Within the prole section, the distinction is drawn based mostly on how much supervision you're under in your work and how much money it produces for you. A builder that starts his own general contracting business is on his way to high prole status with a ski boat in his straight driveway, but he'll still drink beer from a can and his alma matter, if he has one, isn't worthy of reverencing it with a sticker on his truck. A huge tv screen is almost certain to be the centerpiece of his living room.

There are lower classes. Immediately, the blue collar worker under stricter supervision, and proceeding all the way down to destitutes and the institutionalized.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
WJ is a sock puppet. That’s why he ignored my request for pics. Just here to stir things up. Hard to hide your identity when it’s out in the open. I’d love to get a clinical assessment on what drives a person to create a sockpuppet.....besides just being a sorry [bleep]ùcker

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

Methinks Western Juniper has attempted to redefine the caste system.

Brother Geno,

As you apply pointed out, these categories "they" try to put us in leave a bunch of us out. Luckily. But that is the essence of America... no?
I think W juniper is trying to make a larger point. The point being, they are succeeding in corralling most into categories and using that to control the people.
"They" hate independent thought and actions... they hate free people exercising freedom and firearms represent freedom, and also make it harder for them to take that freedom from us.
This forum is comprised of many of what I would call "glorious bastards" and that is a good thing...... smile
So your choices in life put you in a category of your own!
And Beav is at Safeway looking for Bourgeois sauce..... he too is a glorious bastard.... see how that works?
Anyhow me thinks you fella's are being a little hard on W juniper.... or maybe not, time will tell... wink

Good,

Leave me the F out. I'm uncategorical anyway. Or some such.

It would seem WJ has read or taken classes in this stuff, because the terminology is rather arcane to those of us in the proletariat (and perhaps the petit bourgeoisie)

A little search for the term "high-prole" brought me to a few sites like these. (Seemingly sociologist related. The OTHER side of the campus from where us real scientists studied. You know, over there with the Liberal Arts folks shocked )

https://danielmiessler.com/study/class/ (https://www.linkedin.com/in/danielmiessler)

https://archive.org/details/classguidethroug00fuss (https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffsb&q=paul+fussell&ia=web)

See, even an old fugger like me can learn something new, with stimulus from such a made up term as "high-prole".

The Miessler guy is maybe Western Juniper?

I spend my time reading 3-6 books a month on security, technology, and society—and thinking about what might be coming next.

I don't seem to fit in with any of the classes he lists, which is part of a classification in itself, because it seems one of the classes likes to deny class.

All I know is, I'm sure glad I studied biological sciences and not sociology.

Keep your eye out for Brother Beav. I worry about him trying to find new sauces. He should stick with the sauces he grew up with. He's in that class you know.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

132 members (44mc, AlleghenyMountain, 7887mm08, 6mmCreedmoor, 10Glocks, AceBall, 15 invisible), 1,634 guests, and 1,033 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,449
Posts18,528,833
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.