Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by geedubya
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Just to stir the schidt, does everyone here carry all the time? I have heard a lot of rationalizations for not carrying in the past, hopefully that has changed. I doubt it

mike r

I've been shooting all my life.

In high school I drove a '67 El Co. Kept my model 94 and a baseball bat in the gun rack. Parked next to the classrooms. Windows down and doors unlocked.

In the sixties, early 70's I would break down a model 94 and grab my 30 cal Luger, stow em' in a pack and hitch-hike up to our Farm near Cut n' Shoot Tx., stay a few days and catch a ride back home.

Over the next years, I typically had a firearm in reasonable proximity until one day in 1991.

At that time I was a licensed commercial real estate appraiser, and was in Kileen Tx. to perform an appraisal on two Apartment complexes. I went to lunch with the Manger and Maintenance Super at a local cafe that was a block or two down the street. It was called Luby's.
I finished my appraisl the next day and headed back to the sububurb of Houston where I lived. On Wednesday, October 16, 1991, George Hennard, drove his pickup truck through the front window of the restaurant(Luby's). He quickly shot and killed 23 people, and wounded 27 others. He had a brief shootout with police, refused their orders to surrender, and fatally shot himself.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby%27s_shooting

The two folk that I had had lunch with on Monday were back there eating lunch when Mr. Hennnard carried out his attack. One was killed the other shot twice, in the face and knee IIRC.

Since that day I have not entered a Stop-N-Rob nor a restaurant, or any place where I cannot make an immediate and unimpeded exit without being strapped.

I have a Texas State issued LTC, and if I can't carry, about 99% of the time I don't go. What has helped is the 30-07 law that requires an business owner to post a State approved notice in regards to carrying a firearm, and only if you refuse to leave when requested have you commited an infraction.

Of course, being a Law Abiding Citizen, I never............

I do shoot weekly, sometimes multiple times.

Fortunately, in 30 years of carrying, I've only had to display a weapon 4 times to diffuse a situation.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Zero'ing a P365XL with Romeo Zero (my current daily carry) @10 yds.

ya!

GWB

G_Dub, good choice on the carry piece. That's what's on my belt everyday. That and a Rat 1.

And don't you ever never leave home without it, brother.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by Heym06
This placing class on people! Then explaining its because of your higher education place! Just another unconfident, young person reaching for justification of their assumptions! Reminds me of 60's, coffee shop talk! Heard enough of that gibberish, in the 60's! Nothing here except a few words, most would never use, unless they were trying to impress their audience! Not impressed! Just be yourself, and stand for what you believe! Actions always speak louder than words!

You there, neighbor to the North.

Stop making sense.

It's not allowed in these parts.

Hope the smoke's not too bad there, the Bootleg has become EPIC, for sure.

Smokes not bad today, the wind has taken pity on our area today! Sorry didn't mean to be logical!

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W
Bourbon, tequlia, and the can of Lone Star speaks volumes, as also the belt hang down and the Billy Pilgram cuff links. Then there's the polyester shirt with the cargo pants or the two-button suit. Don't mistake my comments for contempt. Those things are very class revealing. Does that imply shaming? It could to a snob that looks down from something they think is better. What I want to know is whether the piece is itself also class defining. I know some people think an Ed Brown is classier than a Hi Point. There's that intraclass snobbery. I wonder rather just how strong a class signal carrying (not just owning) anything really is.

Last edited by Western_Juniper; 07/19/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by renegade50
Anyone else got pics of their Big F u c king Pistol or Pistols???

Revolvers count too.

Surely their are some fellow campfireites who can share a pic of their Big F u c king Pistol

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

[Linked Image from jpgbox.com]

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
While we are sharing pistol photos,,,,

Voila!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by kaywoodie

Voila!!!

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Neal,

"Strike hard who cares, shoot straight who can, the odds are on the cheaper man"

Founder

WS

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Voila!!!

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Slavek

Revolvers count too.

Surely their are some fellow campfireites who can share a pic of their Big F u c king Pistol

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

NGAF about a image you mined off the web.
Poser...........

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😆🤣

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Voila!!!

Brass cap on the butt for knockin' a head when it comes right down to it!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
K
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Repel boarders!!!

Founder

WS

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Repel boarders!!!

Aye matey!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
HK.....because im not a poors

Almost bought another one today LOL.

Last edited by hookeye; 07/19/21.
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Revolvers count too.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Poser...........

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😆🤣

This is more Slaveks speed

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pass the eye bleach please

In it is contentment

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper
Bourbon, tequlia, and the can of Lone Star speaks volumes, as also the belt hang down and the Billy Pilgram cuff links. Then there's the polyester shirt with the cargo pants or the two-button suit. Don't mistake my comments for contempt. Those things are very class revealing. Does that imply shaming? It could to a snob that looks down from something they think is better. What I want to know is whether the piece is itself also class defining. I know some people think an Ed Brown is classier than a Hi Point. There's that intraclass snobbery. I wonder rather just how strong a class signal carrying (not just owning) anything really is.

Anywho, how many ways could I go with this.

Don’t know that I can keep up, but I’ll pedal as fast as I can!

"Bourbon, tequlia, and the can of Lone Star speaks volumes"

Remember the ol "What's My Line".

Care to play?

Hate to be a spelling/Grammar Nazi, but IIRC the correct spelling is Pilgrim.

BTW, I don’t remember BP wearing cufflinks on Trafalmador while engaged with the nubile Montana Wildhack nor on the train!

And so it goes. Neither Nihilism, nor Existentialism are world views which I embrace (except when I absolutely have to).

"Then there's the polyester shirt with the cargo pants or the two-button suit."

My maternal grand-mother's second husband was a barber. Kinda grew up in his barber shop in the 50's and early 60's. He had a sign above the entry door, inside, said "It pays to look well". Pretty much always wear pressed pants and a shirt with a collar in public.

Since we are name dropping, perhaps you remember the line from that flick of some renown, "Zorro the Gay Blade" where George Harrison played a double role as Sir Bunny Wigglesworth and a gay Zorro!

Just before encouraging the "pipples" to engage in "La Revolucion" he uttered the famous epitaph, "There is no crime in being poor, only in dressing poorly"................... Ah, words to live by!

"Those things are very class revealing. Does that imply shaming? It could to a snob that looks down from something they think is better."

Maybe a cop-out, but IIRC, I read somewhere a wise man once said.....

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?

So in all things I strive not to judge, but, the same source as above also is reported to have stated [with amplification in brackets)]......

"By their fruit you will recognize them [that is, by their contrived doctrine and self-focus]. Do people pick grapes from thorn bushes or figs from thistles?

Consequently I strive to be a fruit inspector?

"What I want to know is whether the piece is itself also class defining?

I'd say that would be subjective, as yours and my perspective would most likely fit within the definition of an antinomy.

“We live together, we act on, and react to, one another; but always and in all circumstances we are by ourselves. The martyrs go hand in hand into the arena; they are crucified alone. Embraced, the lovers desperately try to fuse their insulated ecstasies into a single self-transcendence; in vain. By its very nature every embodied spirit is doomed to suffer and enjoy in solitude. Sensations, feelings, insights, fancies—all these are private and, except through symbols and at second hand, incommunicable. We can pool information about experiences, but never the experiences themselves. From family to nation, every human group is a society of island universes.”
― Aldous Huxley, The Doors of Perception
( Yah, I know I mentioned that I was not a fan of Nihilism, but what the hey. if I can use the word antinomy in a sentence, perhaps one will indulge the transgression)

"I know some people think an Ed Brown is classier than a Hi Point. There's that intraclass snobbery".

Years ago, I mentioned more than once, when it came to rifles, if the only thing i was interested in was accuracy, all my rifles would be "Savage". Twenty years ago if one had told me that I'd own European Single shot rifles with iron sights and wispy thin barrels, I'd ask what they'd been smokin!

I will make the caveat, that I have seldom been sorry that I invested in quality goods.

"I wonder rather just how strong a class signal carrying (not just owning) anything really is"

Once again, ball is in your court as that would be subjective and a matter of perception.

I've heard it said that "the sleep of the laborer is sweet, but the rich man counts all his possessions.

I do know that I find that knowledge and experience accumulate.

I believe that it was John Barrymore that is reported to have said......A man is not truly old until regrets take the place of dreams.

Over the years my ambition has been to achieve the status of a 'professional small boy' and maintain that joie de vivre. After a lifetime of enjoying toys,I've deiced that there are those that give a lifetime of enjoyment, and those that tend to go away.
The key is to not let them own you!

Best,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 07/19/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by hunter4623

Revolvers count too.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Poser...........

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😆🤣

This is more Slaveks speed

TFF!!!
😆😆😆😆😆😆
"Slaveks" Love gun!!!

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper
Originally Posted by add

I consider you a conflicted f a g.

... or a plant.

How's this for conflicted? Think of your white collar employee in corporate America. They went on from high school to get a college degree in finance, engineering, some kind of science, business etc. so they could presumably make a better salary. If they don't still have student debt, they've probably got a mortgage, car payments, maybe some credit cards, life insurance, and they need health insurance because they've got kids now and they have to be responsible and everything and eventually want to help their kids pay for college too. So they've got a job working for corporate America, the S&P 500, Fortune 100 -- take your pick. Which of these isn't liberal-minded especially when it comes to the 2nd Amendment? Amazon, Apple, IBM, Deloitte, Salesforce, PWC, Bank of America, JP Morgan, AT&T, Facebook, Exxon, Google... If Republican (legislators) are supposed to be pro-Corporate America (as opposed to progressive dems), their affection certainly isn't reciprocated on this issue.

The conflict that the corporate man has stems from his huge investment in appealing to the corporations. His education, career, his family, his home, his healthcare, even where he lives, most all his life is leveraged on pleasing the company or another one just like it. Can he afford to be controversially pro-gun, pro-carry? I don't just mean will they survive career-wise. Do they have any friends that possess this unconventional thinking? What will their family think, the family that directed and supported their ascent through college into this career? The wife's friends? Sure, it's concealed and it doesn't have to be anybody else's business. I wouldn't even suggest that anyone should know. But how many people in this situation are going to that way without some support or guidance from anyone? They never saw their parents do it. They didn't learn it in college. They don't see it visible at the office. Where would they even get the notion, and if they did, what are the chances they'd have the courage to do it?

Perfect example of Pres. Reagan’s observation that, “It’s not that liberals (ie, today’s Marxist scum) don’t know anything, its that so much of what they know is wrong.”

By his language and construct this is a Brit/Euro educated Commie troll. He/she/it/they isn’t worth the time of day or worth the air or space taken up.

BTW, he’s wrong on all counts about the behavior of the people described who he clearly neither knows nor is. Truly the most worthless post I’ve ever seen.

Last edited by Wildcatter264; 07/19/21.

Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it Almighty God! I know not what course others may take, but as for me, give me liberty of give me death! P. Henry

Deus vult!

Rhodesians all now

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (219DW, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 204guy, 1beaver_shooter, 10Glocks, 65 invisible), 2,670 guests, and 1,207 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,476
Posts18,529,590
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.