Hop To
Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Originally Posted by GringoCazador
Can we get back on topic, many of us are trying not to fall off the edge of the earth!!!

laugh

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
The old Welcome Back Cotter TV show, Gabe is telling the class about Columbus' ships, and lists two other Italian sounding ship names.

Class, what happened to the other two ships, They sailed over the edge of the earth.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wabigoon
Originally Posted by GringoCazador
Can we get back on topic, many of us are trying not to fall off the edge of the earth!!!
laugh
What more is there say about wabigoon's joke? The thread has been turned into a serious discussion. wabigoon: what do you think concerning the creation of spaceship Earth?

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Me, I believe in the Biblical Creation.

I could not make a simple toothpick from nothing.

God made everything, He can do it any whey He pleases.

Last edited by wabigoon; 07/19/21.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TF49
The Book of Genesis tells us this….”God created….” It is more important to know THAT He did it….rather than HOW He did it.
Agreed. Wholeheartedly.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Praise be to God.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from 1.bp.blogspot.com]

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by antlers
If one’s faith depends upon the universe not being 13.8 billion years old, and the earth not being 4.5 billion years old, then the grasp they have on their religious beliefs is pretty tenuous and pretty shaky, it seems to me.

I've always laughed that Scientist present theories of the earths age and how it was created - I mean how do you come up with 13.8/4.5 - BILLION YEARS - think about that number for a minute .
Absolutely ridiculous - hordes of blathering BS .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Me, I believe in the Biblical Creation. God made everything, He can do it any way He pleases.
Yep. I absolutely believe that the world and life on this earth are God's creation, and I believe that evolution was a very clever way that God used to achieve His creative objectives. I see no incompatibilities between science and spirituality. None. I see science as a source of spirituality.
The literal interpretation of the Genesis creation story, to me, is stupidity beyond belief. We have factual information that proves that. Jesus referred to Genesis when talking to Jews because it’s what they knew. It’s the information they were given. They didn’t have the ability to understand the complexities of the universe or creation, so they were given allegory. No big deal. Even Jesus used parables in His teachings, and they are clear examples of allegory. Salvation doesn’t depend on one’s literal interpretation of the Genesis creation story anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ol_mike
If one’s faith depends upon the universe not being 13.8 billion years old, and the earth not being 4.5 billion years old, then the grasp they have on their religious beliefs is pretty tenuous and pretty shaky, it seems to me.
I've always laughed that Scientist present theories of the earths age and how it was created - I mean how do you come up with 13.8/4.5 - BILLION YEARS - think about that number for a minute . Absolutely ridiculous - hordes of blathering BS.
It’s OK if your opinion differs. Even nowadays, some/many/most likely aren’t able to grasp the complexities of the universe and its creation. The discovery of Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation was a breakthrough. Scientists are able to determine the age of the universe by studying the oldest objects within the universe (even light itself), and by measuring how fast it’s expanding. And dating methods regarding the earth itself, like potassium/argon and uranium/lead, are based on nuclear half-life’s (decay rates), which are known values.

IC B3

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I live in central Manitoba. The earth is so flat out here that when your dog runs away from home, you can see him for at least three days.

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Me, I believe in the Biblical Creation. God made everything, He can do it any way He pleases.
Yep. I absolutely believe that the world and life on this earth are God's creation, and I believe that evolution was a very clever way that God used to achieve His creative objectives. I see no incompatibilities between science and spirituality. None. I see science as a source of spirituality.
The literal interpretation of the Genesis creation story, to me, is stupidity beyond belief. We have factual information that proves that. Jesus referred to Genesis when talking to Jews because it’s what they knew. It’s the information they were given. They didn’t have the ability to understand the complexities of the universe or creation, so they were given allegory. No big deal. Even Jesus used parables in His teachings, and they are clear examples of allegory. Salvation doesn’t depend on one’s literal interpretation of the Genesis creation story anyway.
Antlers: I'm with you on this

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DBT
DBT,

No, it is about how you read and interpret text. You interpret incorrectly….

Edit to add: what is your interpretation of Psalm 91:4….? …. Read with Objective reality ….and report back.

I'm not interpreting anything. I am pointing to what the words and text say and mean.

For example, the following verses are quotes, they are not my interpretation;

Quote:

''5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.''

''8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.''

''And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.''

''9 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.''

And so on.

You get the picture; each and every day is defined by a morning and an evening. Which cannot refer to eons or some special God time/rate.

The text specifically designates mornings and evenings of individual days.

This is not my interpretation, it is there for anyone to see and read.

It is there …. You read…. You interpret but you do not understand. …here is what you said after reading..”…the text specifically designates mornings and evenings of individual days”. …… That could be, but some believe that the biblical word for “day” could simply mean an “era”….,Or a very long time…..some have said the phrases “morning” and “evening” could refer to the beginning and ending of some long period of time.

Phrases like “the dawn of time”…… he “saw the light” may be need to be pondered.

You could read up on the word “yom” …. But you won’t…..

You, like many, try to presume that the Bible is a science book. It may contain some science insight, but it is really the revealing of God to Man.

The Book of Genesis is tells us this….”God created….” It is more important know THAT He did it….rather than HOW He did it.

God created…. and simple men don’t understand how, so simple men use their lack of understanding as an “excuse.”

Excuses won’t work ….

Btw…. I doubt you read Psalm 91:4….. otherwise, the way you interpret the Bible, you would be telling us that the Bible teaches that God has feathers.

It's not that I don't understand what the words clearly say and describe, mornings and evenings of each day of Creation, but that it is you and those in your position that are not willing to accept the implications of the bible being wrong.

Wrong not only on time and scale, a vast universe, but sequence and details....that this is not an literal account of Creation, but one the many myths the ancients used in an attempt to explain the world and their place in it, their religion, their god, their tribe.

Perhaps unpalatable for believers, but true nonetheless.

Sorry if the truth offends.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Hastings
DBT: Whatever, but the earth has been around a very long time. The evidence is clear. Humans were added late in the game. Genesis is the short version with a lot of time glossed over. When Methuselah lived 900+ years they weren't using a 365 day year. In the OT the reign of a forty year king could be distilled down to a short chapter. Jesus was here for 3 years and we got his message and truth but a lot got left out. A seven day creation doesn't fit the evidence. Make a trip to Fossil Butte and Wyoming and check that out.

Genesis describes the days on which the earth, sun, moon, plants, animals, etc, were created in terms of mornings and evenings of each day of Creation. The description cannot include billions of years. It does not include evolution. It does not include solar system formation from primordial gas and debri from supernova.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by DBT
DBT,

No, it is about how you read and interpret text. You interpret incorrectly….

Edit to add: what is your interpretation of Psalm 91:4….? …. Read with Objective reality ….and report back.

I'm not interpreting anything. I am pointing to what the words and text say and mean.

For example, the following verses are quotes, they are not my interpretation;

Quote:

''5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.''

''8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.''

''And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.''

''9 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.''

And so on.

You get the picture; each and every day is defined by a morning and an evening. Which cannot refer to eons or some special God time/rate.

The text specifically designates mornings and evenings of individual days.

This is not my interpretation, it is there for anyone to see and read.

It is there …. You read…. You interpret but you do not understand. …here is what you said after reading..”…the text specifically designates mornings and evenings of individual days”. …… That could be, but some believe that the biblical word for “day” could simply mean an “era”….,Or a very long time…..some have said the phrases “morning” and “evening” could refer to the beginning and ending of some long period of time.

Phrases like “the dawn of time”…… he “saw the light” may be need to be pondered.

You could read up on the word “yom” …. But you won’t…..

You, like many, try to presume that the Bible is a science book. It may contain some science insight, but it is really the revealing of God to Man.

The Book of Genesis is tells us this….”God created….” It is more important know THAT He did it….rather than HOW He did it.

God created…. and simple men don’t understand how, so simple men use their lack of understanding as an “excuse.”

Excuses won’t work ….

Btw…. I doubt you read Psalm 91:4….. otherwise, the way you interpret the Bible, you would be telling us that the Bible teaches that God has feathers.

It's not that I don't understand what the words clearly say and describe, mornings and evenings of each day of Creation, but that it is you and those in your position that are not willing to accept the implications of the bible being wrong.

Wrong not only on time and scale, a vast universe, but sequence and details....that this is not an literal account of Creation, but one the many myths the ancients used in an attempt to explain the world and their place in it, their religion, their god, their tribe.

Perhaps unpalatable for believers, but true nonetheless.

Sorry if the truth offends.

Makes me smile..... your "truth" is not offensive.....hardly, as it is not truth at all...... you are simply one who does not know whereof he speaks. What is a bit sad is that you seemingly cannot see truth or do not care to know the truth.

Perhaps some day you will.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Got time for a bit of Hank?

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Takes a big leap of faith to see something that's not there does it not?

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker

Makes me smile..... your "truth" is not offensive.....hardly, as it is not truth at all...... you are simply one who does not know whereof he speaks. What is a bit sad is that you seemingly cannot see truth or do not care to know the truth.

Well, it's not my truth. I have nothing to do with what the bible, genesis in this instance, says or describes. I merely point to what genesis says and describes in terms of mornings and evenings of each day of creation, the day on which the sun, moon stars were created, animals, plants, etc.

It says what it says.

It's there for anyone to see and read.

The composition, the wording or the descriptions, are not being 'interpreted' by me.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by DBT

Well, it's not my truth. I have nothing to do with what the bible, genesis in this instance, says or describes. I merely point to what genesis says and describes in terms of mornings and evenings of each day of creation, the day on which the sun, moon stars were created, animals, plants, etc.

It says what it says.

It's there for anyone to see and read.

The composition, the wording or the descriptions, are not being 'interpreted' by me.

Of course it is …your…”truth.” You clearly have not understood the concept and action of “eisegesis” and until you do, you will continue to post meaningless drivel like what we read above.

You seemingly refuse to comment on Psalm 91:4….. I suspect,you do not want to increase your understanding and are content to wallow in your ignorance…..so be it.

Last edited by TF49; 07/20/21.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Takes a big leap of faith to see something that's not there does it not?

Nope, you’ve got it all wrong. Just because YOU don’t see it…..and YOU don’t experience it…does not mean it’s not there.

Simple concept….simple idea…..but you don’t get it.

Page 5 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

724 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 16gage, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 16Racing, 66 invisible), 2,864 guests, and 1,375 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,844
Posts18,478,302
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.