Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by TF49
DBT,

No, it is about how you read and interpret text. You interpret incorrectly….

Edit to add: what is your interpretation of Psalm 91:4….? …. Read with Objective reality ….and report back.

I'm not interpreting anything. I am pointing to what the words and text say and mean.

For example, the following verses are quotes, they are not my interpretation;

Quote:

''5 God called the light “day,” and the darkness he called “night.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.''

''8 God called the vault “sky.” And there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.''

''And God saw that it was good. 13 And there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.''

''9 And there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.''

And so on.

You get the picture; each and every day is defined by a morning and an evening. Which cannot refer to eons or some special God time/rate.

The text specifically designates mornings and evenings of individual days.

This is not my interpretation, it is there for anyone to see and read.

It is there …. You read…. You interpret but you do not understand. …here is what you said after reading..”…the text specifically designates mornings and evenings of individual days”. …… That could be, but some believe that the biblical word for “day” could simply mean an “era”….,Or a very long time…..some have said the phrases “morning” and “evening” could refer to the beginning and ending of some long period of time.

Phrases like “the dawn of time”…… he “saw the light” may be need to be pondered.

You could read up on the word “yom” …. But you won’t…..

You, like many, try to presume that the Bible is a science book. It may contain some science insight, but it is really the revealing of God to Man.

The Book of Genesis is tells us this….”God created….” It is more important know THAT He did it….rather than HOW He did it.

God created…. and simple men don’t understand how, so simple men use their lack of understanding as an “excuse.”

Excuses won’t work ….

Btw…. I doubt you read Psalm 91:4….. otherwise, the way you interpret the Bible, you would be telling us that the Bible teaches that God has feathers.

It's not that I don't understand what the words clearly say and describe, mornings and evenings of each day of Creation, but that it is you and those in your position that are not willing to accept the implications of the bible being wrong.

Wrong not only on time and scale, a vast universe, but sequence and details....that this is not an literal account of Creation, but one the many myths the ancients used in an attempt to explain the world and their place in it, their religion, their god, their tribe.

Perhaps unpalatable for believers, but true nonetheless.

Sorry if the truth offends.