Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by TF49

You cannot possibly know that God does not exist.

Yep, that's what the lack of evidence is saying.

I get the feeling that you are having a hard time accepting your faith as faith.

…..

The statement stands as logical and true….. a simple concept that you have an inability to comprehend.

You simply cannot possibly know that God does not exist.

Your statement is not logic at all, but you want it to be true and logical. You’d like it to be true because you’d get some sort of validation out of it thinking it might substantiate your belief, but it wouldn’t even do that. That’s what led me to my comment about you lacking conviction to your faith, and looking for additional confirmation. I just hope you have selected the correct god – your eternity depends on it. There are other religions that claim that they are correct one to go for.

My proof that a god does not exist is this:
· Civilisations and religion started about 5,000 years ago with gods appearing shortly after (some sense of the spiritual was evident in pre-human species about 300,000 years ago evidenced by the burials sites that have been uncovered)
· Modern man has been around 200,000 years ie man is older than god/s. Man created god/s.
· Early on, god/s evolved from living in high mountains, then to the sky and then to space, just out of reach of anyone actually be able catch up with them. (God likes to be elusive? Or maybe avoiding the “denial proof” by those writing the story? eg “I climbed the mountain and he wasn’t there” is an awful thing to try and explain.)

Of course the documented word of god has factual issues (omissions, contradictions and inconsistencies):
· At the time of the bible/s writing the creation of everything was set to what is now 6,000 years ago since this seems to be as far anybody can remember and can’t dispute (at that time). Note that man has been around longer than this but I guess they didn’t know this at the time, and god hadn’t told them. God also failed to mention the previous periods of life and extinction events, or maybe the writers edited that out for clarity.
· Oddly enough religion first dismisses the scientific facts such as dinosaurs, earth orbiting the sun and the age of the earth and universe, but then lay claim to these as works of god once they can no longer deny the facts.

Since the god/s first appeared there has been no evidence of god/s existence.

Having said that, by all means keep your faith – but you have to own it and not look out to others for validation of it – fair bet is that no-one else will have the exact same style of faith that you have anyway.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?