Originally Posted by Hastings
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

If this was true, there would be one religion held by all, and that's just not the case.

How does that, by necessity, follow from what I said?

One True God writing his True Message on the heart of every person would not lead to 4k different religions, nor religions that kill each other over their differences.

I have noticed a constant in the human race whether it be seeking the truth about creation and the creator, governing a country, fighting a disease, or whatever. There is always an attempt to cash in by bad and powerful people and entities and screwing up any good that could come. The ''Christian'' church is one of the worst examples in the last 2000 years. The church and the nations that have used it as cover have killed millions and millions all for the purpose of maintaining power, gaining territory, and to maintain social stratification. God and Jesus got left in the dust. Is it any wonder God and Jesus have such a bad name with so many people? Jesus is undeservedly known by his self proclaimed friends who actually don't even know him.

Hastings my friend, my comments were not intended as a knock on Christianity per se, as religions go, there are many far worse, it was just intended to demonstrate how efw's claim doesn't match the observed fact pattern....and you gave a good example as to why from Christian history.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell