Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by jdm953
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

This is what Christians have believed for as long as they read the Bible. There's disagreement with interpretation of some verses, but don't let the atheists try to discredit as they keep trying to do.
Then some foolish atheists drop by to try to tell US what WE believe and they haven't so much as read the Bible from cover to cover.

Christians are [bleep] stupid, especially the ones who believe the earth is only a few thousand years old. At this point, it’s impossible for somebody to be a Christian and also be intelligent.

No. Study about the first earth age and the gap between Gen. 1:1 and !:2. The word "was" in Gen 1:2 would be better as "became". When you read it think like this. I saw Hiroshima and it was void and without form.

Are you referring to the gap theory?
Do you believe that there was a previous creation described in verse one followed by a long period of millions of years vs.2. ?
Are you getting at the 6 days as geological ages rather than literal days?

I dont see the six days as anything but six days. The first Earth age comes up a lot in NT. The world that then was ect. If you spend a lot of time reading Daniel you will see two destruction events. One of them is the story of Noah. The other does not have any survivors.They are easily confused. Lots of good material on the internet. Sorry to be rambling I am really tired and sleepy.

Ideas are far more powerful than guns, We dont let our people have guns. Why should we let them have ideas. "Joseph Stalin"

He who has braved youths dizzy heat dreads not the frost of age.