Originally Posted by DBT
Either the bible says what it says, or it doesn't. Some believe that Genesis is a literal creation of the world. If it is taken as mythology or metaphor, there is no issue. However, even as mythology or metaphor, the wording specifies mornings and evenings of each day of Creation, which only relates to Earth standard time.
Help me out here please because I don't know and am doubting anyone can know how long the process of creation took or how it was accomplished. As I read Genesis the sun and therefore day and night as we know wasn't in place until the 4th day. I assure you I believe there is a supernatural force at work and I believe Jesus (Yeshua) was truthful about who he was. I have a hard time believing in a young earth and the evidence abounds that there was life on this planet and lots of variety long before humankind showed up. God is capable of doing things His way and taking his time doing it. I wonder about things such as the Cain and Abel story actually being a battle between groups of herders and farmers with the farmers prevailing. That has been pretty a common reason for fighting even down to the present day. Cattle and sheep eat crops.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."