Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by DBT
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Evangelicals and Baptists never believed in the flat earth theories that atheists tried to discredit "christianity" with.
It was the non biblical views that led to the flat earth hypothesis.
I don't debate it because atheist just lie and say it has something to do with Christianity and mix in their religion of evil-ution as if THAT'S scientific law.

It's a matter of what the bible describes, not what atheists say.

The Bible does Not describe what atheists have falsely accused Christians of believing. There is a fringe group that believe that pancake hypothesis. Some of them claim to be christian, thus twist the Bible to agree with their claims. I have heard groups of them and have yet to find one christian among them.

What you claim atheists say, what atheists actually say may be different.

The issue is not what you say, what I say, what Christians say or what atheists say, but what the bible says, what the bible describes.

Eisegesis….. you have a bad case of it.

Either the bible says what it says, or it doesn't. I don't try to transform what is said into something it doesn't say. If Genesis describes literal days of creation, morning and evening of the first day, morning and evening of the second day, etc, I don't, for instance, try to interpret this to mean eons.