Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by TF49

Nope, you’ve got it all wrong. Just because YOU don’t see it…..and YOU don’t experience it…does not mean it’s not there

You mean like UFOs, ghosts, bigfoot etc?

Simple idea…. Simple concept…… just because YOU don’t see it and YOU don’t experience it…. Does not mean it’s not there…..

You can claim God does not exist…. Or is mythical…. But, for a fact….you don’t KNOW that.

Someday, perhaps your mind will be changed

If the gods were real, everybody would see them. Some people do have lucid experiences involving gods, goblins, angels, demons, other people, etc, but this is due to the effect of drugs or some other physiological or psychological reason (there's even the idea of a split brain - bicameral mind, that may have provided the lucid experiences in the period of the proliferation of religions at that time - the same separation of brain function that causes psychosis). You can claim what ever you want that you believe is real but unless it can be tangibly proven to everybody else then high probability is that it doesn't exist - UFOs, ghosts, bigfoot, gods etc. Most religions have had thousands of years of opportunity for the tangible evidence to present itself, but it hasn't happened, and that doesn't really fit the bill for a caring god - why the hide and seek? The white elephant in my last sentence above is that man is older than religion.

If a god appeared publicly tomorrow then I'd have to change my mind but I know that's never going to happen. Threats are that it will happen and that I will be going to hell - I'm happy to accept the odds on that.

You wrote: "....If the gods were real, everybody would see them...." So, the idea of a non-corporeal existence... or entity... or different realm would "not be real" according to your statement....

I guess what you are saying is: "Since I cannot see 'gods' and nobody can see 'gods' then they are not real."

Let me go back ...."Simple idea…. Simple concept…… just because YOU don’t see it and YOU don’t experience it…. Does not mean it’s not there…..

You can claim God does not exist…. Or is mythical…. But, for a fact….you don’t KNOW that."

btw.... nobody can see your thoughts, so are your thoughts real or not?

Last edited by TF49; 07/21/21.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”