Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by antlers
If one’s faith depends upon the universe not being 13.8 billion years old, and the earth not being 4.5 billion years old, then the grasp they have on their religious beliefs is pretty tenuous and pretty shaky, it seems to me.
I've always laughed that Scientist present theories of the earths age and how it was created - I mean how do you come up with 13.8/4.5 - BILLION YEARS - think about that number for a minute . Absolutely ridiculous - hordes of blathering BS.
It’s OK if your opinion differs. Even nowadays, some/many/most likely aren’t able to grasp the complexities of the universe and its creation. The discovery of Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation was a breakthrough. Scientists are able to determine the age of the universe by studying the oldest objects within the universe (even light itself), and by measuring how fast it’s expanding. And dating methods regarding the earth itself, like potassium/argon and uranium/lead, are based on nuclear half-life’s (decay rates), which are known values.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.