Originally Posted by IndyCA35
Originally Posted by TF49

God's record of our origins is true and complete.

Your mistake is in assuming that myths promulgated by illiterates in the Bronze Age or New Stone Age have anything to do with anything God did or does.

And it takes a lot of hubris for YOU to assume YOU know what God did or intended, just because YOU can type the myths.

Much of Genesis has been discredited by actual discoveries. Everyone knows that including God. After all, the Bible contradicts itself in many places.

Typical arguments. Re-check your Biblical archaeology - Genesis has been established all the way back to the Flood, by actual discoveries. As for the comment about the Bible "contradicting itself" in several places, try being a little more truthful: Man forges contradictions in God's words that aren't there when God's Word is taken out of the clutches of such things like Higher Criticism.

In truth, I find it the hubris of man to assume God cannot do anything without man's approval. I also find it the hubris of man to assume we are more intelligent than the people living 3000-4000 years ago.
I find it the hubris of man, that man can tell God how old His Creation is. I find it the hubris of man to say God doesn't communicate with or move within people, simply because they themselves don't get it.

As I said, you can accept what God says as true, or not.

I've never understood the rationale why people not accepting God, have such a visceral reaction to the concepts of faith. If God isn't real don't bother with Him. If it is all superstition, pay it no mind.

But people not of faith cannot resist tearing into those of faith. Genesis 3:15 does provide the answer.

Have a good day.