Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by TF49
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm

You cannot possibly know that God does not exist.

Yep, that's what the lack of evidence is saying.

I get the feeling that you are having a hard time accepting your faith as faith.

That which is asserted without evidence, can be rejected without evidence.

Nope, that is a misapplication of a worn out phrase.

You…. Antelope Sniper…. Cannot know that God does not exist. You can act like He doesn’t exist, you can believe He doesn’t exist….. but you cannot know that.

That's not necessarily true. Weather or not the existence of a specific god(s) can be disproven is a matter of definition. It's why I'll only accept the burden of proof regarding the non-existence of a god after the god(s) is defined, and that definition is agreed upon. A simple example of this regarding the Greek gods is the claim they live a top Mount Olympus. Human's scaled Mount Olympus in the 1920's, and found no gods clearly disproving that claim and the existence of any gods depending upon it's truth.

Like wise, many definitions of the Christian God are demonstrably not true. A few simple examples of this are the literalist interpretations dependent upon a literal 6 day creation, 6,000 year old earth, a firmament, and/or those that require a Flat Earth.

The problem with Christians is, they are really good at "Moving the Goal Posts". They've been doing it for a couple thousand years in their attempts to create an unfalsifiable definition their god. But just because you've created an unfalsifiable definition of something, that doesn't mean it's reasonable to believe it exists. If you were to apply this mode of thinking to everything in your life, not just god, you would have to belief everything you were told until it could be definitively disproven, beginning with every fairy tale creature, every other god, and every claim ever made by every scientist, because after all, according to this mode of thinking, they have no burden of proof, you must disprove what they claim even if they have zero evidence to support their claims. So enjoy living in a world were leprechauns are real, Joe Biden got 80,000,000 votes, and Elvis isn't dead.

Heavy load of bafflegab there…. You changed definitions and context….and erected quite a few straw men in your last couple of posts…

…. boil it down and we see that yes, indeed, there is no way you can know that God does not exist…..

So you still believe in the gods of Olympus?
Can you prove they do not exist?

AS,

You know I am not trying to prove or disprove the existence of non-existence of any god. Your post is just a clumsy attempt to change the subject. Won’t work.

The truth remains….

“You cannot KNOW that God does not exist.”

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”