Originally Posted by Hastings
I have noticed a constant in the human race whether it be seeking the truth about creation and the creator, governing a country, fighting a disease, or whatever. There is always an attempt to cash in by bad and powerful people and entities and screwing up any good that could come. The ''Christian'' church is one of the worst examples in the last 2000 years. The church and the nations that have used it as cover have killed millions and millions all for the purpose of maintaining power, gaining territory, and to maintain social stratification. God and Jesus got left in the dust. Is it any wonder God and Jesus have such a bad name with so many people? Jesus is undeservedly known by his self proclaimed friends who actually don't even know him.
I don’t hear too many people bad mouthing Jesus, and never have. I have heard some bad mouth God for allowing pain and suffering in the world. But I’ve heard a great many people bad mouth ‘the Church’ for the reasons that you describe above (and more), and still do, and rightfully so.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.