Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by bigsqueeze
Ah, back to magic.
......................LOL>>>LOL......Call the laws of physics magic or whatever you like.

No, you misunderstand. That creator stuff is the magic story.

...............Oooooooh ok then...........Magic uh?..... Well perhaps you might try and answer the two questions in my earlier post? Where did all matter come from? Or better yet. How did matter come into existence without a creator?

Not being a particle physicist, I’ll refer you to your favorite search engine.
.......................LOL>>>LOL.....Ya don't need to a particle physicist to understand laws of physics.......You offer quite a nice diversion though referencing search engines.....LOL

Like I said, you don’t understand.

The source for the Big Bang can be found via a search for “matter for Big Bang”.

I have a passable understanding of the theory. For the depth of knowledge for which you seek, particle physicists can better explain it. The links can provide the enlightenment you desire.

Good luck in your search.

Well.... Those links you refer to will most likely NOT provide enlightenment.... just speculation and bafflegab. I don't buy that singularity concept.... there is much bafflegab surrounding "singularity" and what it may or may not be. This has been around for a long time. Every single one of the references I have ever found on the subject ... every one.... starts with something. Stephen Hawking said that "given gravity' and his "equations" he could show how the universe came into being..... So, what does he start with? Gravity..... Well, the way he explains it... as I recall... is that gravity is a "force." Then he applies his equations to the "force" and comes up with matter.....Well, then no.... he started with a force. Where did that come from?

Some start with "space" .... ok... what is "space?" Some will then tell you that "space" is not "nothing" and that "space" has "characteristics" and is not "empty" like we think of "empty... then the bafflegab sets in.

This reached it's peak with Magic Larry Krauss and his book "The Universe from Nothing" or something like that. Talk show host Steven Colbert embarrassed him on live TV when Krauss admitted that yes, you had to start with "something." Krauss said that given "quantum theory" and ... as he stated....
...".. imagine a box with particles going in and out of existence..." something like that. Larry was a bookseller.... many, including frequent posters on this site fell for it. Larry was later discredited by the scientific community...also discredited at ASU.

It has been quite a while since I read this article and I will try to find it later tonight.... but there is an astro-physicist who says the universe did not come from a single point like some think of it..... he postulates that yes, there was a big bang type event but that the universe leapt into an almost instantaneous existence over a dimensions that would be measured in "light years." He apparently got this idea when looking into dark matter and trying to figure out how and why the universe is currently expanding in all directions. My crude understanding would be that he was saying that well yes there was a big bang but that "point" of singularity does not make sense when it seems the universe "banged" into existence and was light years big.

Seems that starting with "particle physics" is starting with "something." ......

But maybe not.....

If some one knows of a reference that can demonstrate that the universe came into being without a creator, pls let me know.....

Last edited by TF49; 07/22/21.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”