Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by TF49

I am not trying to prove a negative. You made the flat out declaration that God does not exist.

First off, you are wrong with that statement.

Second, there is no possible way that you can back up that foolish statement. You cannot possibly know that God does not exist.

It is a simple concept that you fail to grasp…..

So, using your metric for logical decision making (ie proving that something doesn’t exist, or proving the negative), how did you manage to disprove the existence of all the other gods in order to select the one that you did?

This is the criteria that you are applying to others so lets hope you have not been hypocritical or deceitful and can provide an honest answer. (I’ll bet you don’t though.)

Well, I will play one more time..... You are flat out wrong again…..You are also confused again… I am not trying to prove a negative… you are being deceitful when you say that I am. Just what is the “negative” that I am trying to prove?

Here is what you previously posted:

Takes a big leap of faith to see something that's not there does it not?

Think a bit…. This issue is whether or not YOU…. Can KNOW that God does NOT exist. You cannot possibly know that. You can believe He does not exist. You can say that you recognize no evidence for the existence of God…. But you cannot possibly know that He does not exist. You cannot know that any more than you can know how many ticks are on my neighbor’s dog.

Your statement about God…. “..something that’s not there…” is like posting that you know how many ticks are on that dog. But… seemingly, you cannot see the absurdity of your allegation.

I followed up with this:

“Nope, you’ve got it all wrong. Just because YOU don’t see it…..and YOU don’t experience it…does not mean it’s not there.

Simple concept….simple idea…..but you don’t get it.”

There are a multitude of things, facts and aspects of life that you do not know about. The reality is that what you do not know about these things does not in any way indicate that they are unreal. Not trying to prove a negative at all…. Simply making a statement that you cannot possibly know that God‘s “not there.” You can’t possible know that God does not exist anymore than you can know how many ticks are on my neighbor’s dog.

Your latest post is just plain nonsensical….. I never set up any “metric for logical decision making” This is a flat out fabrication on your part. I never tried to prove a negative at all. This is another fabrication on your part.

The fact that you think that I was trying to prove that something does not exist or “proving the negative” is simply poorly thought out nonsense….

Then you take a swipe by asking this: “…how did you manage to disprove the existence of all the other gods in order to select the one that you did?” I did not do anything of the kind and you are again are, true to form….. fabricating and again, just flat out wrong…..

Here is your last post:

So, using your metric for logical decision making (ie proving that something doesn’t exist, or proving the negative), (Nope, never did this.....never came up with any metric to prove something does or does not exist...). how did you manage to disprove the existence of all the other gods in order to select the one that you did? (Nope, never made any attempt to disprove the existence of all the other gods..... more fabrication on your part.)

This is the criteria that you are applying to others so lets hope you have not been hypocritical or deceitful and can provide an honest answer. (I’ll bet you don’t though.) (Well, I think I did answer.)

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”