Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
[quote=SwampCat]

Geedubya, you still in the category of "Da Man"!!!
/quote]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Is this the "Da-Man of which you speak?

Wonder what ever happened to that guy?

I for one hated to see him banned.

He definitely had a different perspective hanging with him could deifinitely be a challenge IIRC.

Walter banned me permanently about 6 months ago. DRG saved my bacon at least 4 times, but I think during the covid nonsense, when I posted an article with the title being "Does the State have and interest in promoting Chaos" that was the last straw.

Quien Sabe,

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 07/19/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I only have 2 big guns![Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
And the pea shooter.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Back when I was first married times were tough
Even driving a pos truck... I had a decent defensive set up.

Smith stainless N frame and a Remington Sportsman Auto 12 ( 21" remchoke VR bbl ).

Figured I was worth such an investment.

Seen some nice rides pull up to the LGS when I worked there.

Common was the Phoenix, Bryco ot Taurus brought in by mr new shiny car. Upset his POS wouldnt work.

Seen en turn around and buy a new version of POS too

Some folks refuse at all costs, to buy a decent gun.
Not sure why.

Seen it w hunters too, usually from WI or NY.
As if cheapest is best. Chit guns w chit rings and chit scopes.....and smiles like Cheshire cats.

SMFH

Last edited by hookeye; 07/19/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by geedubya
Back at ya LD!

ya!

GWB

Yeah!

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SwampCat
Here's the source of the OP's High Prol categories: "Class: A Guide Through the American Status System" By Paul Fussell. Summit Books. $13.95.

Paul Fussel is prob’ly from China too.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
While we are sharing pistol photos,,,,

Voila!!!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Anyhoo... that reminds me, I was at the Alamo telling the visitors about Texas history according to Birdwatcher and a little kid called out “SANTA DOESN’T KILL PEOPLE!” 🙂

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by SwampCat
Here's the source of the OP's High Prol categories: "Class: A Guide Through the American Status System" By Paul Fussell. Summit Books. $13.95.

Paul Fussel is prob’ly from China too.

Actually no.

Ii know this if from Wiki, but his bio might surprise......

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Fussell

ya!

GWB

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
geedubya;
Good evening to you my southern friend, I hope the day was a fine one for you all and life is going more than less according to plan.

Thanks for the photos of "large handguns" and assorted other stuff, I very much enjoy when threads morph into this sort of thing.

It's like free verse poetry or something, you know?

Since we Canucks don't get to carry concealed, I'll have to admit to being in a lower class than any presented, however, so far we're still allowed handguns.

I had this one and sold it to a chap a few provinces over. He'd never handled one and when I said, "It's pretty huge" he asked for a photo that he could reference.

[Linked Image]

If we were allowed to carry, this would be the only one suitable in the safe at present, but honestly I'd likely get a 10mm Auto and be happy for bear country and whatever else.

This one has been mine for about 3 dozen years now and we do get along well. There's even some knives there GW.

[Linked Image]

All the best to you all and thanks again to you and all for the photos.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cool beans there Dwayne.

I too, prefer these deep thought threads to end up in a picture show.

FiedGrade Charlie was good for that.....................but pics of girls with guns, not just guns and sharp things.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Geno;
Good evening to you my cyber friend, I hope you're doing fine.

I bought that Security Six from Fletcher's Sports in Oroville WA. in about '84 or possibly early '85?

Back then if we had the transfer papers we Canucks needed, the northern Washington gun dealers would release them to us and we'd trot off and cross back into Canada with them in a paper bag.

Nobody was killed or harmed or well anything by us rednecks either, you know?

I miss Field Grade's posts too, he struck me as quite a character and to no one's surprise I'm sure, I've known a fair few.

Likely comes with our line of work and general proclivity for hunting and shooting I suspect. wink

Thanks again and all the best.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by BC30cal
geedubya;
Good evening to you my southern friend, I hope the day was a fine one for you all and life is going more than less according to plan.

Thanks for the photos of "large handguns" and assorted other stuff, I very much enjoy when threads morph into this sort of thing.

It's like free verse poetry or something, you know?

Since we Canucks don't get to carry concealed, I'll have to admit to being in a lower class than any presented, however, so far we're still allowed handguns.

I had this one and sold it to a chap a few provinces over. He'd never handled one and when I said, "It's pretty huge" he asked for a photo that he could reference.

[Linked Image]

If we were allowed to carry, this would be the only one suitable in the safe at present, but honestly I'd likely get a 10mm Auto and be happy for bear country and whatever else.

This one has been mine for about 3 dozen years now and we do get along well. There's even some knives there GW.

[Linked Image]

All the best to you all and thanks again to you and all for the photos.

Dwayne

10/4

I don't know why but I 've never got into percussion rifles or pistols.

Do like the knife. Looks to be quite handy!

anywho here's a "back at ya" with a small one.

I don't know if you recollect some years back when our "Governor Good Hair" AKA Rick Perry was jogging with his security detail and his daughters pooch. Evidently a coyote bounded onto the track and he pulled his Ruger LCP with laser out of a fanny pack and dispatched the song dog!

Subsequent to that Ruger produced a run of "Coyote Special"

Also marked " ATrue Texan" .

They were billed as being sold "To Texans Only"

Of course I had to snag one. Even carried it for a while!

A short time after I snagged it, I put a laser on it.

Anything good enough for the Guv' was good enough for me

ya!

GW

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Don't know if any of youse guys remember the movie with George Clooney titled "The Men who Stare at Goats"

For a reason I won't divulge I thought that movie was a scream!

I luved the scene when Clooney employs "the Predator"..

This was during my "Beware of the Old White Guy in the Green Vest" Period..LOL

anywho, here is the Clip.

Course I had to have one!

Ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 07/19/21.

W
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
W

Over the years my ambition has been to achieve the status of a 'professional small boy' and maintain that joie de vivre. After a lifetime of enjoying toys,I've deiced that there are those that give a lifetime of enjoyment, and those that tend to go away.
The key is to not let them own you!

Best,

GWB

I'm less impressed by the pseudo-intellectualism than I am by your forbearance and your understanding of Matthew 7. I would also add:

"But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another. For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?"

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper

Over the years my ambition has been to achieve the status of a 'professional small boy' and maintain that joie de vivre. After a lifetime of enjoying toys,I've deiced that there are those that give a lifetime of enjoyment, and those that tend to go away.
The key is to not let them own you!

Best,

GWB

I'm less impressed by the pseudo-intellectualism than I am by your forbearance and your understanding of Matthew 7. I would also add:

"But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God. And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one against another. For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?"

Are there any buildings near you, over 5 stories high, that you could throw yourself off?

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper

Anywho, no intellectual here. Above my pay-grade.

I believe it was St. Jerome that postulated

“The Scriptures are shallow enough for a babe to come and drink without fear of drowning and deep enough for a theologians to swim in without ever touching the bottom"

I'm just fortune that at a young age while searching for the Balm of Gilead, I was inoculated, and as such the daily exposure to the vicissitudes of life have not stolen my joy!

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 07/20/21.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I thought I might be “wealthy working class.” Or “redneck rich” I have a fair number of nice guns and a few other toys but good golly after following some of the geedubya threads and his shootin’ irons it turns out that I’m really dirt poor with trailer trash taste.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And still we haven't learned not to feed the trolls....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

61 members (2500HD, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 12 invisible), 2,805 guests, and 736 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,447
Posts18,528,816
Members74,033
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.