Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by rainshot
From time to time a lot of people get sick from eating imported vegetables from other countries, usually Mexico, due to their organic fertilization. Crop workers crapping in the fields.

There has been sporadic outbreaks of E-coli from vegetables grown in the Rio Grande valley from using irrigation water from the river.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
The Green Wet Dream will end White Privilege. Ghetto dudes won’t need to shoot an innocent person to carjack their wheels. Just call one those Autonomous vehicles and keep it as long as you want. Jesus and Pedro won’t have to steal a car to strip it for beer money. Just call that Autonomous car down to the Barrio and strip it clean. Not just tires and wheels, but high value electric motors, computers and battery packs. Big bucks.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by duck911
Originally Posted by Valsdad

The almond industry should be ashamed of itself. Water wasters, the honey isn't fit for human consumption, a big portion of the crop goes to our beloved friends the Chinese, no telling how many "migrant workers" are involved in that industry

So have you boycotted everything almond?

Seems like you are a passionate anti-almond militant. Seriously, can you tell us the last time you had almond in a meal? (hint - I bet in the last 24 hours, whether you knew it or not)

And hint: The almond industry doesn't exist to produce HONEY. It exist to produce ALMONDS.

You assertion of "migrant workers" really shows your intent to be prick.......... Northern California orchards are almost 100% automated.

Have you actually seen an almond tree "picked?" LMAO

Side note:

Almond orchards ARE hard on water - it is not like an alfalfa field where a farmer can pass for the year. Almond trees need water EVERY year, or they die. That is a huge issue in that industry.

I see the Duck'O'douche is an expert, on this subject too !!

Just like everything else she opens her yap about, ignorant beyond belief !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I think Alexandria’s Occasional Cortex’s green car idea, on a grand scale, comes from smoking those funny cigarettes. She apparently has been told that electricity is just behind that wall with the outlet.

This big an energy transition (the Green New Deal) would require hundreds of percents greater mining of lithium, nickel, and other rare earth metals for battery production. These elements are not found everywhere (we are largely an importer AOC) and neither is the capability to mine them on the scale needed. Think great gouges in the earth with fossil fuels needed for the mining....Continual mining. Think environmental impact multiple times greater than a pipeline.

If it were possible, imagine the carbon footprint AOC. Better reimagine it.

And then as shown, is the minor problem of discarding spent batteries. Besides, fossil fuels were the original green deal and we have a lot of it.

I’m Imagining those cars in a Midwest blizzard.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Geno’s a prick now?! JFC, one of the kinder posters on the forum. Duck911 is an angry little guy.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Get real. If all you had to keep your family warm and safe (think prehistoric) was a fire, would you piss on it because the monkey in the cave next door promised something better in the next 10 years?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Some of what was listed is true, some is false.

There is enough lithium in the California mountains to make every car in America battery powered. Tesla is mining lithium in Nevada and has a huge battery manufacturing plant in Nevada right next door because California would not allow lithium strip mining.

There is enough wind energy in the plains states and off shore in certain places to power then entire USA. Problem is transmission. Not many people live in the plains states but live east of the Mississippi. Bird kills are the biggest problem. However, someone invented a vertical windmill that doesn't have propellers and could save the birds.

Solar panels on roofs or solar shingles produce enough power to supply a home and charge a powerwall battery to power the home at night. Problem is cost right now. It could come down.

No one talked about geothermal. I saw a magazine article that said you could drill a 18" hole 2 miles deep (not impossible with current technology) in certain places and it is hot enough down there to boil water. Pump water down an 8" pipe down the middle of the hole and steam comes back up to turn a generator. This could keep drilling companies in business.

No one has tried earth sheltered homes (mortgage companies don't like them for some reason). Semi-underground with one side open to light. Cuts power use by as much as 50% or more. In the deep south 3' of earth cover and it is a constant 58-62 degrees. Wouldn't take much to heat and cool. I know someone who built his home this way. Went a whole year without heat and ac. He said when it was 14 degrees outside, it was about 60 inside. When it was 102 degrees outside, it was 85 degrees inside but very humid. Had to install a dehumidifier and installed central ac for summer but his bills were cheap all year round. Hillside property would then probably be more valuable than flat land saving it for farming or ranching.

More than one way to skin a cat.

Also, most vegetables can be grown in greenhouses for maximum production. I read where a farmer built a 10 acre greenhouse and grew vegetables year round with him, his son, and one other worker. Turned his 200 acre farm from vegetable production to growing cattle. He did not have to buy insecticides as the greenhouse was screened and had double door entries. He used cow manure for fertilizer so he didn't have to buy fertilizer. He did have a higher power bill using grow lights at night to increase production. He made about the same profit off the greenhouse vegetables as plowing and planting 200 acres. However, he made s significant profit raising the cattle, which more than offset his large power bill.

If all vegetables in the US were grown in greenhouses, it would free a lot of farmland for forest, cattle or other animals, thus increasing production and lowering food costs as well as giving us more hunting land. Holland is the third largest exporter of food, mostly to other European countries. Almost all their former farmland is covered in greenhouses. Iceland even exports bananas grown in geothermal heated greenhouses, to Europe.

However, until a 15 minute charging station is developed, I still think the next 10-20 years may see more hybrids sold than fully electric.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Duck is an almond expert.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
So how does a tractor/truck/car/bus/train/combine/work day after day when it's below zero outside?
I already know the answer, they won't, and they won't keep me warm and the windows defrosted and the wife unit happy.
All this farm equipment is going to run how without fuel of some kind, tractor trailers going across country, how in the cold climes of the top 40 states.
The damn power grid can't handle what it's putting out know. This is all pretty much bullshit.
Put together right it might work part time in a few warmer states, but that's about it.

I would have got him too but a Dad Blam snow flake hit me in da eye....
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Geno’s a prick now?! JFC, one of the kinder posters on the forum. Duck911 is an angry little guy.

Badge of honor for me, to be so named by the Duck.

I still think he has family/friends in the business and/or is heavily invested in almonds. Or an exporting company.

And he likes Nut Juice in his dessert coffee.

(I try to be nice, but I wasn't the one who called me a prick to start)

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
All this "Green Energy" production is and has always been subsidized by us the taxpayer. It has made some people very rich and is a great revenue creator for democrat politicians. Most if not all the claims are laughable. Yeah they currently mine some but on any scale large enough to do any good is not feasible. Has anyone actually picked up and carried one of those 4x8' Solar Panels? They're heavy and I wouldn't want them on my roof. Know what happens when you have them on your roof and you need a new roof? They have to come off. We cannot produce enough electricity to use at present so why would it be feasible to mandate more usage?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gsganzer
One giant problem. China controls 90% of all the rare earth minerals required to make these electrical products. China played the long game and is now influencing our politicians and media to push for the rest of the world to swap to electric. Meanwhile, they emit more CO2 than all the other developed nations combined.

This ^^^^

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Electric cars kill the environment more than gas engines. Their manufacture and parts manufacturing are very bad for mother earth.

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

56 members (6mmbrfan, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 9 invisible), 894 guests, and 846 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,091
Posts18,522,119
Members74,026
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.