Hop To
Page 41 of 41 1 2 39 40 41
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Originally Posted by Bigbuck215
No suh...........

I ain't spoilin' for no trouble in no way. Don't want to get something crosswise. grin

Hey, that tape make ya sick?

Never got the tape, Ivan. When did ya send it? Did the CD make it to you?

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
I grew up in a major denominational ecclesiastical organization. When I was 32 years old, it wasn't answering the questions that were plaguing me, and the Lord answered the questions from the Bible. What most folks don't realize is that, "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty." He can be found within the walls of a lot of different denominations, and also in some non-denominations as well.

The church I pastor has no engraved in stone dogma but one, and it is the Bible. We are Independent in the sense that we are not a part of a larger organization. Our local church is autonymous -- completely self govering, and indiginous -- self starting. We chose the denominational tag because it generally describes some of what we believe. When that changes, the tag will go, but we do NOT believe all that the denomination believes -- we don't have to -- we're autonymous. It's the best of ALL worlds.

And there is a great amount of liberty -- to do right above all. smile

Glad you have followed the admonition to prove all things, Gene. When you come to the truth as an adult, on your own, it just makes more sense. wink

"Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life." (Prov 4:23)

Brother Keith

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Originally Posted by gene williams
Yeah , I know Keith but lotsa folks just kinda got drafted into Mama and Daddy's church and never really explored nothing else . I ain't saying there is anything wrong with that concept at all .

I was the same way. I was what I was (born into a Presbyterian family). If there wasn't a Presbyterian Church around, I didn't go.

Now I realize that my faith is a relationship with God, not a denomination. The denomination simply provides the manner of worship. Since we all are different, we have different denominations. But we Christians [should] all come together on common ground... Jesus Christ. HE is what is important; the rest is window dressing.

Penny

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. --Hebrews 11:1
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Church dogma is probably the biggest stumbling block that the Christian church as a whole battles with, how do we as the Christian community get past it?

I had shared this before I was raised a Nazarene and the wife Assembly of God and when we announced we were getting married both sides of our family couldn't believe we would marry outside our denomination, especially to those heathens. I still get riled up over the denominational bickering.

Steve

><}}> "A Government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have" Thomas Jefferson <{{><
T
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
T
Agreed, Penny. Problem comes when the doctrine of Christ gets warped a bit, but I have NO issues with a person who professes faith in Christ and seems to love him supremely.

Brother Keith

IC B2

Page 41 of 41 1 2 39 40 41

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 1_deuce, 1badf350, 55 invisible), 2,175 guests, and 1,189 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,283
Posts18,505,128
Members73,998
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.