Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 37 of 57 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 56 57
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
What other option is there these days if you want 1x4 or 1x5 in a one inch tube? What other option if you want a 2x7? I always thought the Japanese Weavers were the best bang for the buck. Now it’s Leupold or bust for those type scopes.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Springcove
For the record I own exactly one Leupold and it has performed flawlessly. I do not dial. It sits atop my Kimber Montana in 280ai.

Again I will ask. If Leupold sucks as bad as some of you say then why do they sell like hot cakes in the classifieds? Not just campfire classifieds but all classifieds.

Blister-pack Tasco and Simmons scopes also sell like hot cakes, so I'm not sure what your point is.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
For the record I own exactly one Leupold and it has performed flawlessly. I do not dial. It sits atop my Kimber Montana in 280ai.

Again I will ask. If Leupold sucks as bad as some of you say then why do they sell like hot cakes in the classifieds? Not just campfire classifieds but all classifieds.

Blister-pack Tasco and Simmons scopes also sell like hot cakes, so I'm not sure what your point is.

Well the blister pack Tascos used to sell under that name. Now they stamp swfa on them.LOL!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

No point. Like I said I own one ☝🏻. They must be doing something right or they wouldn’t sell the way they do. Obviously a few have had issues with them but many have not. I will say I know someone personally that shoots long range and uses Leupold. I have shot his customer rifle and it shot without issue and returned to zero every time. I neither was a 6.5-284. He also uses Nighforce. I am in the market for a scope that dials and am trying to get as much information as possible before I make said purchase. That’s all.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by DingoDuk
Originally Posted by Willto
Originally Posted by Kaleb
The funny part is the people who no longer use Leupold normally don’t have anything bad to say. The Leupold fans argue on the Internet and start threads like this.

They are like homosexuals. They know they’re wrong and need to convince you as to convince themselves. 🤭

You left your prime spot blowing people behind a trash dumpster in a KFC parking lot just to come here and try to spread the gay to a thread about scopes? Run along skippy before some crack head steals your spot.

Ouch, You must be on the Leupold team. LOL.
PS sorry I struck a nerve! Your tinder feelings and heart vested product loyalty were the last of my concerns, but you matter so keep the chin up.

I'm sorry I couldn't make that out. It sounded like you had something in your mouth while you were trying to talk. Are you on duty behind the KFC dumpster? Oh well. I doubt it was relevant to anything being discussed here anyway.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Well the blister pack Tascos used to sell under that name. Now they stamp swfa on them.LOL!

He'll be here all night, folks. grin

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

No point. Like I said I own one ☝🏻. They must be doing something right or they wouldn’t sell the way they do. Obviously a few have had issues with them but many have not. I will say I know someone personally that shoots long range and uses Leupold. I have shot his customer rifle and it shot without issue and returned to zero every time. I neither was a 6.5-284. He also uses Nighforce. I am in the market for a scope that dials and am trying to get as much information as possible before I make said purchase. That’s all.

As mentioned with my blister-pack scope example, selling well doesn't mean that the scope is good or that it mechanically works correctly. It means that it's got a value proposition that is acceptable to many people. Among the shooters that dial a lot, my perception and experience is that of those that use Leupolds, most of them eventually have problems, and it usually doesn't take all that much shooting before those problems manifest themselves. My experience has been that Leupold scopes hold zero better than they track and RTZ, but there are scopes that do both tasks better.

If you're specifically looking for a scope to dial with, there are definitely better options than Leupold, as a general principle.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

I bet more deer get killed in NY every year with blister pack Tasco, Simmons and Bushnell scopes than anything else.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

He'll be here all night, folks. grin

And with everyone of the Leupold threads...everyone....you will be here until it dies out. But in the wings, waiting for the next...you can’t help yourself anymore than the other side.😀

laissez les bons temps rouler
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by Blackheart

I bet more deer get killed in NY every year with blister pack Tasco, Simmons and Bushnell scopes than anything else.

Probably more wounded and lost as well

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

As mentioned with my blister-pack scope example, selling well doesn't mean that the scope is good or that it mechanically works correctly. It means that it's got a value proposition that is acceptable to many people. Among the shooters that dial a lot, my perception and experience is that of those that use Leupolds, most of them eventually have problems, and it usually doesn't take all that much shooting before those problems manifest themselves. My experience has been that Leupold scopes hold zero better than they track and RTZ, but there are scopes that do both tasks better.

If you're specifically looking for a scope to dial with, there are definitely better options than Leupold, as a general principle.

Jordan I appreciate the feed back. This is all new to me. Leupold is just one option because I have shot it. Also Nightforce. If you have scopes you would recommend I would gladly look at them. Feel free to send them in a PM as I’m not looking to turn this into a pissing march.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
I at one point had over 15 Leupold mark4’s and many other models. 85% failed and needed repair.
I changed my product loyalty and have been very pleased every since.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

KFC is paying 15$ an hour. LMFAO.

My 8 year old son can take this rifle dial to the number on the chart and make consistent hits out to 800. We are working on wind reads and barometrics a lot lately.

He will never suffer a Leupold unless he chooses to once he starts buying his own gear.

Last edited by DingoDuk; 07/21/21.
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Kaleb
The funny part is the people who no longer use Leupold normally don’t have anything bad to say. The Leupold fans argue on the Internet and start threads like this.

They are like homosexuals. They know they’re wrong and need to convince you as to convince themselves. 🤭

You left your prime spot blowing people behind a trash dumpster in a KFC parking lot just to come here and try to spread the gay to a thread about scopes? Run along skippy before some crack head steals your spot.

Ouch, You must be on the Leupold team. LOL.
PS sorry I struck a nerve! Your tinder feelings and heart vested product loyalty were the last of my concerns, but you matter so keep the chin up.

I'm sorry I couldn't make that out. It sounded like you had something in your mouth while you were trying to talk. Are you on duty behind the KFC dumpster? Oh well. I doubt it was relevant to anything being discussed here anyway.

It’s typed genius. But if you think your lack of knowledge isn’t noticed by everyone. You are doing even better than you thought.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by jwp475
Originally Posted by Blackheart

Probably more wounded and lost as well

One thing that is always present, the azz shooting, gut soup crowd could have the best scope made and it wouldn’t fix the stupid!

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D

Jordan I appreciate the feed back. This is all new to me. Leupold is just one option because I have shot it. Also Nightforce. If you have scopes you would recommend I would gladly look at them. Feel free to send them in a PM as I’m not looking to turn this into a pissing march.

The NXS 3.5-15x50 is the best in the NXS lineup by a good margin. Starting there would end your search.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I at one point had over 15 Leupold mark4’s and many other models. 85% failed and needed repair.
I changed my product loyalty and have been very pleased every since.

KFC is paying 15$ an hour. LMFAO.

My 8 year old son can take this rifle dial to the number on the chart and make consistent hits out to 800. We are working on wind reads and barometrics a lot lately.

He will never suffer a Leupold unless he chooses to once he starts buying his own gear.

That's a lot of ammo hanging on those guns if the scopes work. LOL. Or it could just be for the sake of posing, not that that's a thing with the NF crowd. LOL.

Remember my comments about members of the LHC who exaggerated their Leupold issues. LOL.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

The NXS 3.5-15x50 is the best in the NXS lineup by a good margin. Starting there would end your search.

Thanks Dingo. I will keep that in mind… Will go to Scheels and take a look.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Take a look at some of them buttstock shell holders too. From the looks of it, you'll need them.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

Take a look at some of them buttstock shell holders too. From the looks of it, you'll need them.

Probably gives those a pass. Not sure the way I hunt that an $1800 plus scope is a good idea. I’m kinda ruff on my equipment. Was looking more at the SHV line. But not the 56mm. That’s never going on my lightweight hunting rifle.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Camera land crushes the price everyone advertises. Call Doug.

PS
Paul make sure you keep that helmet covering your only point.

Last edited by DingoDuk; 07/21/21.
Page 37 of 57 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 56 57

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

526 members (10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 160user, 1936M71, 10ring1, 52 invisible), 2,325 guests, and 1,151 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,857
Posts18,497,101
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.