Campfire Sage
T

[Linked Image from images7.memedroid.com]
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
The business model in the French and Spanish colonies was buy a slave, work him to death in 3 years and replace him, but WE are the source of all evil in the world?

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Exellent video Hawkeye.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Are the people who sold the slaves to be sent off to America blameless???

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Committed by the black slaves owners.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
didn't "The Scarlet Letter" come first?

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Yes, it was. And it could kill this republic yet.
As soon as the Brits surrendered the new Americans should have freed the slaves, and to hell with South Carolina.
There were many then opposed to slavery, there was a chance they could have actually pulled it off.
And if that meant fighting the Civil War right then, with the War of 1812 thrown in, fine, bring it.
And it is all as simple as that.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I didn't watch the vid, but the caption under it referred to slavery in the U.S. as "benign".

Sorry. I'm out. Been practiced by every society as long as there have been societies. I don't owe anyone shidt, and I abhor the victim culture of a people that have been free for several generations now here. Not to mention the treatment of the Irish when they came etc. etc etc.

But there is no such thing as benign slavery. Maybe I'm selling the video short?

MAGA
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
I didn't watch the vid, but the caption under it referred to slavery in the U.S. as "benign".

Sorry. I'm out. Been practiced by every society as long as there have been societies. I don't owe anyone shidt, and I abhor the victim culture of a people that have been free for several generations now here. Not to mention the treatment of the Irish when they came etc. etc etc.

But there is no such thing as benign slavery. Maybe I'm selling the video short?

You are selling the video short. Yes slavery in America was horrible, but there was much more slavery elsewhere.

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Didn't watch the video (yet) but I read a lot of books about Africa. Slavery was common in West Africa well into the 20th century, including in Liberia, where the ruling class was ex-slaves from America.

If you google it, you will find that slatvery is a $90 billion industry today, with the biggest slave-owning country being India.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Slavery is brutal and repulsive, but it was as much a part of ancient history and early modern history as growing crops was. And widespread opposition against slavery came pretty late in human history. Those facts don’t justify it. It’s a scourge that America...the land of the free...tolerated it.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
Slavery is brutal and repulsive

Far less so than leaving those people to rule themselves as has been repeatedly proven over time.

In fact, slavery is the natural state of those incapable of defending themselves.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bad behavior is not excused by other bad behavior.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Too bad America started out with slavery in some states, but since slavery was present in virtually every other part of the world at the time, it's hard to blame the founders too much. The Declaration and the Constitution were revolutionary and eventually led to the end of slavery. The abolitionist movement started in the US and Britain.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Originally Posted by 5thShock
Bad behavior is not excused by other bad behavior.

Slavery was brutal and disgusting BUT there are members of this forum who wish it was still allowed…

As long as people are doing the whole it was bad BUT, might as well make it accurate.

Last edited by AKPENDUDE; 07/23/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Slavery exists right now, including in Africa, and no one much GAF because there’s no money in it like there is in rehashing what happened here, which was ended by spilling a lot of American blood. Even the preachy hypocrites in Yurrup are content to let the Chicoms enslave literally millions of Uyghurs as long as they can keep getting cheap Nikes.

People are no damn good; the Bible tells me so……

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKPENDUDE
BUT there are members of this forum who wish it was still allowed…

There are black people here?

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have noticed since guns have become popular, slavery has gone down hill.

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
First off, the fact that slavery began in this nation IS NOT the fault of America. People tend to forget that prior to winning the Revolutionary War everything that happened he was due to ENGLAND! The King of England allowed slavery to begin here with royal decree. As a matter if historical fact when Thomas Jefferson penned the original draft of the Declaration of Independence one of the complaints he registered against the Crown was the institution of slavery. However when it was debated 2 of the colonies, GA and SC, objected to that part and due to the need for unanimity they edit that part out and the problem of slavery was kicked down the road for a future generation to deal with

So Slavery WAS NOT America's original sin, it was England's original sin due to the simple fact that it occurred here long before America existed.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

187 members (12344mag, 3333vl, 1eyedmule, 10Glocks, 160user, 2UP, 16 invisible), 1,592 guests, and 969 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,779
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.