Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
The world: An evolving world as it’s always been And ever will be.

Him: The same yesterday, today and forever.

Make your choice as to which one you’ll follow.
To me, following Him doesn’t mean following a ‘religion’ though. Or being ‘religious’ either.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by antlers
More Americans than ever are giving up on, or backing away from, religion. They disconnect from religion, they disconnect from God, because they just don’t feel like they need it. And it’s not because they've found atheism so appealing, it’s because they’ve found religion so unappealing. It’s not because they’ve investigated the teachings around atheism as much as they’ve just disconnected from something they don’t feel like they need anymore, that doesn’t even seem real to them anymore. Religion just doesn’t hold the attraction that it used to hold.

Growing up many were told that religion has the answers and God has the answers and church has the answers. Nowadays more and more Americans are saying the opposite is true: not only does religion not offer us any answers, but religion is actually part of, or even ‘the’ problem.

As one looks around the world today, and based upon many of the observations that many of the posters here have opined on about religion, it’s understandable why one would come to that conclusion.

My, that's very magnanimous of you tootsie, giving us permission to choose.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
More Americans than ever are giving up on, or backing away from, religion. They disconnect from religion, they disconnect from God, because they just don’t feel like they need it. And it’s not because they've found atheism so appealing, it’s because they’ve found religion so unappealing. It’s not because they’ve investigated the teachings around atheism as much as they’ve just disconnected from something they don’t feel like they need anymore, that doesn’t even seem real to them anymore. Religion just doesn’t hold the attraction that it used to hold.

Growing up many were told that religion has the answers and God has the answers and church has the answers. Nowadays more and more Americans are saying the opposite is true: not only does religion not offer us any answers, but religion is actually part of, or even ‘the’ problem.

As one looks around the world today, and based upon many of the observations that many of the posters here have opined on about religion, it’s understandable why one would come to that conclusion.

Correct Old Toot.
God is and hasn't changed His views about violent mobs of homos that blow up churches, OR THOSE WHO DEFEND THEM.
There aren't many that want to publicaly take the Lord's side on this issue here this week.
Perhaps there's the 7,000 who haven't bowed their knees to Baal hear at the campfire.

Others might be looking for the big perk the atheists are offering.
Maybe there's a prestigious trophy waiting for for atheists' favorite preacher of the year award! 😄
I don't know

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 07/23/21.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

God is and hasn't changed His views about violent mobs of homos that blow up churches, OR THOSE WHO DEFEND THEM.

LOL, setting aside your unique knowledge of God's views, who on here is defending a violent mob of homos that bombed a church?

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
He's a lost cause. The more he posts, the more here realize he is nuts.
No point in addressing him as a rational person.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by smokepole

LOL, setting aside your unique knowledge of God's views, who on here is defending a violent mob of homos that bombed a church?

That mob would be well dressed and wearing the latest in hair products. Has anyone actually seen a violent mob of homos outside of a prison?

The hampster has expanded his credentials to include delusional and dishonest phony but is too modest to discuss his awesome background.

PTL LMAO

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I’d say that God is just as concerned about fundamentalist idiots that lead people down the path of hatred and false doctrine as he is about homosexuals.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

To me, following Him doesn’t mean following a ‘religion’ though. Or being ‘religious’ either.

I fully agree and know that was not a slam at you in any way.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by NVhntr

My, that's very magnanimous of you tootsie, giving us permission to choose.

I didn’t “give” you anything.

Follow him or follow the world. There’s no in between.

Ignore is your friend being you’re so easily offended. Try it.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Correct Old Toot.
There aren't many that want to publicaly take the Lord's side on this issue here this week.
Perhaps there's the 7,000 who haven't bowed their knees to Baal hear at the campfire.

Maybe there's a prestigious trophy waiting for for atheists' favorite preacher of the year award!
😄

You assume that any and all that disagree with you are atheists. I for one believe in a higher power or a God.

I believe that most who disagree with you simply think you're an ass hole.

I don't know (Probably the most honest statement you've ever made)

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I do think that the migration away from the religion of Christianity and the Church in this country...and there’s been an enormous migration away from it...is primarily the Church’s fault. It lies at the feet of the Church. The reason that so many people have disengaged from the Church is often because of the messenger, the vehicle, the media, and the way things are talked about. But at the end of the day, it’s not the fault of the people who left...because they found the religion of Christianity so unengaging and so unappealing and so unscientific and so irrational...it’s the Church’s fault.

When you read the Gospels, when you look at the way that Jesus...the person who is supposed to be at the epicenter of everything that His followers believe and do...when you look at the way that Jesus interacted with people, you discover that people who were nothing like Jesus, liked Jesus. And you discover that He liked them back.

So maybe if the religion of Christianity isn’t compelling, or attractive, if it doesn’t have any adhesiveness...perhaps the Church is pushing and displaying the wrong version. There sure are a lotta deconversion stories, and a lotta people that simply walked away. Not only might it be the wrong version, it might also be inaccurate.

Christ and the religion of Christianity are ‘not’ the same thing.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I do think that the migration away from the religion of Christianity and the Church in this country...and there’s been an enormous migration away from it...is primarily the Church’s fault. It lies at the feet of the Church. The reason that so many people have disengaged from the Church...it’s not because of the central message...it’s often because of the messenger, the vehicle, the media, and the way things are talked about. But at the end of the day, it’s not the fault of the people who left...because they found the religion of Christianity so unengaging and so unappealing and so unscientific and so irrational...it’s the Church’s fault.

When you read the Gospels, when you look at the way that Jesus...the person who is supposed to be at the epicenter of everything that His followers believe and do...when you look at the way that Jesus interacted with people, you discover that people who were nothing like Jesus, liked Jesus. And you discover that He liked them back.

So maybe if the religion of Christianity isn’t compelling, or attractive, if it doesn’t have any adhesiveness...perhaps the Church is pushing and displaying the wrong version. There sure are a lotta deconversion stories, and a lotta people that simply walked away. Not only might it be the wrong version, it might also be inaccurate.

A somewhat alternate view is that the “Churches” migrated away from their members and became anchorless ships without rudders or compasses.

Changing Churches for a changing world. Lukewarm pablum which so many past members just simply spewed out of their mouths and walked away.

Jmo

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Bland or insipid intellectual fare is an apt description (to me) of dogma and orthodoxy, compared to the first-generation passion of what it meant to simply strive to be a fully devoted follower of Jesus. The first century approach to advancing the gospel modeled by Jesus and His apostles is very different from what we see today. And it’s very different from what we’ve seen after about the first 300 years of Christianity.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Bland or insipid intellectual fare is an apt description (to me) of dogma and orthodoxy, compared to the first-generation passion of what it meant to simply strive to be a fully devoted follower of Jesus. The first century approach to advancing the gospel modeled by Jesus and His apostles is very different from what we see today. And it’s very different from what we’ve seen after about the first 300 years of Christianity.

This could well explain the rapid growth of Biblically based Community Churches that are specifically non denominational.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
I do think that the migration away from the religion of Christianity and the Church in this country...and there’s been an enormous migration away from it...is primarily the Church’s fault. It lies at the feet of the Church. The reason that so many people have disengaged from the Church is often because of the messenger, the vehicle, the media, and the way things are talked about. But at the end of the day, it’s not the fault of the people who left...because they found the religion of Christianity so unengaging and so unappealing and so unscientific and so irrational...it’s the Church’s fault.

Antlers,
I suppose this move has much to do with need.

For the last several thousand years mankind has lived a mean and miserable life. The vast majority as slaves or serfs. They lost mothers at childbirth. They lost precious children to childhood disease. They suffered through periodic famine, plagues, scorching heat of summer, and freezing cold of winter.

The hope for eternal salvation and a "heaven" made that life of misery worth the suffering.

By comparison, we of first world nations have achieved heaven on Earth, and people are satisfied to accept that this life is all there is.

Coupled with scientific explanations for all the wonders of nature, fewer people every year find any need for a god in their life.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Sauer200

Correct Old Toot.

Maybe there's a prestigious trophy waiting for for atheists' favorite preacher of the year award!
😄

You assume that any and all that disagree with you are atheists. I for one believe in a higher power or a God.

Why do you use His name so?
That's no way to speak Jesus' holy name.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IZH27
I’d say that God is just as concerned about fundamentalist idiots that lead people down the path of hatred and false doctrine as he is about homosexuals.

Why couldn't I have thought to write those very words. Short and right on.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Hastings

He is concerned with all sinners and their salvations.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Sauer200

Correct Old Toot.

😄

Why do you use His name so?
That's no way to speak Jesus' holy name.

They're just words.

And I thought you had me on ignore.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hastings

He is concerned with all sinners and their salvations.

Yes He is.

I put it in my signature and gently remind folks of it from time to time. I prayed for the opportunity to lead the out of the closet homosexual young man that works at the grocery store.
I think a lot of them were exposed to molestation by adult homos as a child or teen and it's messed them up. I try to reach them with the gospel like any other person.
However, I have had reports from friends, aquaintances, students and family being assaulted by queers who sexual assaults, molested etc.
I would gladly train the victims how to defend themselves and break the arms of the wicked who try to violate a young person or family. The innocent need to be taught what to do when some neighbor or dirtbag comes into them.
Someone here will likely call me on that statement as being an unloving harsh violent fundamentalist, but so be it. I care less and look forward to opening another school and training decent folks how to defend against violence from sodomites or anyone else.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 07/23/21.
Page 9 of 14 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

587 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 219DW, 204guy, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,314 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,867
Posts18,517,955
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.