Hop To
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by BobMt

paying taxes so the county or state can maintain roads so people can accesses their property.....is no different than paying into a hoa to maintain roads in a rural area....but some people like and try to feel superior to others....bob

Except the county doesn't tell me what kind of roof I have to put on my house when this one needs replaced, or that I can't have the dumpster out front of the shed so the truck can pick it up once a month or so, or where I can put my chicken Gulag, or that I can't have El Feo the Gorgeous rooster out there fertilizing eggs like nature intended, or that I can't park my tractor where the neighbots can see it from the road.............and so on and so on.

I'd rather pay our county and have the snowplow come out when needed and not have them in a whole lot of the rest of our business.

I was talking about roads.....you are talking about different things.....you have got to watch out buying without some covenants and buying with to much covenants....bob

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I was talking about roads.....you are talking about different things.....you have got to watch out buying without some covenants and buying with to much covenants....bob

Do HOA's typically pave and maintain the roads inside their boundaries? Seems that'd be a big ass subdivision or some really steep dues. Sounds more like a gated community. The HOA's I'm familiar with exist in neighborhoods with city/county streets roads.

MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The asshat that subdivided my neighborhood has one going down the hill.
Twp supervisors cut a deal to pave and take over our road if it was prepared to
state specs for the paving. So the residents did, and it's paved.

New supervisors, no more tasking over any road not currently paved and up to specs.

This jerk develops 20+ acres.
First he promises to pave after he sells a few lots.
Then, he claims that if enough get sold, the Twp will take over, like they did for us.

Now that it's pretty much full, he just ain't saying anything.

And these folk have built $400k homes on dirt roads.
They don't speak real well about him!

All told, I'm guessing a mile of road. 20' wide. Excavated, compacted stone,
base and top coat to spec, a bunch of money. No HOA to decide on the split and to force anyone to pay up. It aint never gonna happen.

A few will split the cost and get crushed stone hauled in. Of course the ones that don't pay drive over it like it's Daytona. Two weeks and it's blown into the grass.

I'd be nuts if I was them.
A dirt road is ok for me. A price for being remote.
But on an acre, with neighbors in my yard?

Last edited by Dillonbuck; 07/24/21.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
They should've stayed urban where they belong.

Urban sprawl is destroying the country.

MAGA
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
I used to dove and rabbit hunt where I live now.

Kent

IC B2

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Ours is $20 per year, goes to pay for cocktails at the meeting once per year.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

Aren’t you supposed to be dead by now, or at least shît out a pile of worms ?

😜🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

😜🦫

Fugg me Beav.... a little compassion for crying out loud...... I did laugh my azz of though... schittin a pile of worms is solid gold..... smile

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

😜🦫

Fugg me Beav.... a little compassion for crying out loud...... I did laugh my azz of though... schittin a pile of worms is solid gold..... smile

My filter hasn’t been working lately...Feeling like a Tourette’s patient.

Poor Beav

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

😜🦫

My filter hasn’t been working lately...Feeling like a Tourette’s patient.

Poor Beav

🦫

LMAO..... you glorious bastard... carry on smile

PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Valsdad

paying taxes so the county or state can maintain roads so people can accesses their property.....is no different than paying into a hoa to maintain roads in a rural area....but some people like and try to feel superior to others....bob

Except the county doesn't tell me what kind of roof I have to put on my house when this one needs replaced, or that I can't have the dumpster out front of the shed so the truck can pick it up once a month or so, or where I can put my chicken Gulag, or that I can't have El Feo the Gorgeous rooster out there fertilizing eggs like nature intended, or that I can't park my tractor where the neighbots can see it from the road.............and so on and so on.

I'd rather pay our county and have the snowplow come out when needed and not have them in a whole lot of the rest of our business.

Yeah, if roads were the only issue and there were "good neighbors" on the road being maintained I'd have no issue with a fee to maintain it.

The problem, in the experience of some friends with those type agreements, some folks are deadbeats and still use the road. And if it gets rutted they just drive around the ruts and make new ones outside the boundaries of the road.

My apologies, but the title of the thread relates to HOAs, of which many contain a good portion, and sometimes more, of the restrictions of which I posted. I personally have never run across one titled "HOA" that ONLY deals with a road.

If you live in an area that has a HOA that only concerns itself with your access roads, you're a lucky man.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

😜🦫

sunofabish.

Well, Kent did go to Mexico, so the pile of worms is not completely out of the realm, eh?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Do HOA's typically pave and maintain the roads inside their boundaries? Seems that'd be a big ass subdivision or some really steep dues. Sounds more like a gated community. The HOA's I'm familiar with exist in neighborhoods with city/county streets roads.

Mine does with 150'ish homes on what was a 1,300 acre ranch with two sides on the Guadalupe River. We pay $500/yr that covers the roads and maintenance of two parks, one where you drop the kayak and one where you pull it hours later. Hunting is restricted to bows/crossbows only. Single and double wides are not allowed... Here in Idaho, well, no.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Gated communities are HOAs you fugking hillbilly.

And yes, some of them maintain their own streets.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
Originally Posted by krp

Kent

😜🦫

There I was, on the wrong side of the border, running the cartel gauntlet, just trying to survive... me and my trusty mexican tapeworm Chapito... but the real danger we brought with us...

Trailer for season 1 coming soon...

Kent

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Nope , natta , never..
But being in the excavation business and digging lots of new houses in such developments , I can sure tell you about a lot if dick heads that think they run thd world.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Every sub-division around me lake front property is HOA except mine....been living here for 30 years been trying to make everyone join its not going to happen as long as I live hear ...to change they would need 100% of home owner would need to join.....they have a HOA its only a name and try to force people that move into the area to join by having the selling agent give them the paperwork to sign.....most people that live in the area do so for less than 5 years or when ever the economy makes a turn and they sell and get out....

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
I live in an area with a couple dozen acreages that are in an HOA - except ours. We're on an outside corner of it all. Somehow when it was platted 30 years ago, our place wasn't included, probably because it was a hay field at the time. Oh, shucks, I don't get to me a member. I'll live with that.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Tikkanut: No.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Nope.
I’ve got my 5 acres, can’t see my nearest neighbor, pistol range out back along with my rifle velocity tester, big garden, pee wherever I want slice of heaven. Most years I hear elk bugling on the hill behind my house, grey foxes and the occasional bobcat chasing the squirrels.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (12344mag, 21, 1234, 01Foreman400, 1Longbow, 160user, 59 invisible), 2,084 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,016
Posts18,481,606
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.