Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by TF49

You cannot possibly know that God does not exist.

Yep, that's what the lack of evidence is saying.

I get the feeling that you are having a hard time accepting your faith as faith.

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

I get the feeling that you are having a hard time accepting your faith as faith.

That which is asserted without evidence, can be rejected without evidence.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Faith is not a reliable means for finding truth.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

More non-sequitur gibberish on your part.

I get the feeling you have a reading comprehension problem. The evidence for the existence of non-existence and God is not a matter of discussion here….surely you comprehend that…well, maybe you don’t.

The statement stands as logical and true….. a simple concept that you have an inability to comprehend.

You simply cannot possibly know that God does not exist.

Last edited by TF49; 07/25/21.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Nope, that is a misapplication of a worn out phrase.

You…. Antelope Sniper…. Cannot know that God does not exist. You can act like He doesn’t exist, you can believe He doesn’t exist….. but you cannot know that.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

You…. Antelope Sniper…. Cannot know that God does not exist. You can act like He doesn’t exist, you can believe He doesn’t exist….. but you cannot know that.

That's not necessarily true. Weather or not the existence of a specific god(s) can be disproven is a matter of definition. It's why I'll only accept the burden of proof regarding the non-existence of a god after the god(s) is defined, and that definition is agreed upon. A simple example of this regarding the Greek gods is the claim they live a top Mount Olympus. Human's scaled Mount Olympus in the 1920's, and found no gods clearly disproving that claim and the existence of any gods depending upon it's truth.

Like wise, many definitions of the Christian God are demonstrably not true. A few simple examples of this are the literalist interpretations dependent upon a literal 6 day creation, 6,000 year old earth, a firmament, and/or those that require a Flat Earth.

The problem with Christians is, they are really good at "Moving the Goal Posts". They've been doing it for a couple thousand years in their attempts to create an unfalsifiable definition their god. But just because you've created an unfalsifiable definition of something, that doesn't mean it's reasonable to believe it exists. If you were to apply this mode of thinking to everything in your life, not just god, you would have to belief everything you were told until it could be definitively disproven, beginning with every fairy tale creature, every other god, and every claim ever made by every scientist, because after all, according to this mode of thinking, they have no burden of proof, you must disprove what they claim even if they have zero evidence to support their claims. So enjoy living in a world were leprechauns are real, Joe Biden got 80,000,000 votes, and Elvis isn't dead.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by wabigoon
We jawbone about everything else here.

See, I can prove it![Linked Image from kearsleyeclipse.com]

I heard they had members all around the globe....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I wonder if this 6’ social distancing has pushed anyone over the edge yet?

Eat moose, burn spruce
F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...many definitions of the Christian God are demonstrably not true. A few simple examples of this are the literalist interpretations dependent upon a literal 6 day creation, 6,000 year old earth, a firmament, and/or those that require a Flat Earth.
Who decided that the God of Christianity was defined by “literalist interpretations dependent upon a literal 6 day creation, 6,000 year old earth, a firmament, and/or those that require a Flat Earth”...?

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
IC B3

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by antlers
...many definitions of the Christian God are demonstrably not true. A few simple examples of this are the literalist interpretations dependent upon a literal 6 day creation, 6,000 year old earth, a firmament, and/or those that require a Flat Earth.
Who decided that the God of Christianity was defined by “literalist interpretations dependent upon a literal 6 day creation, 6,000 year old earth, a firmament, and/or those that require a Flat Earth”...?

That's how Ringman and many other Christians defines it, as hence there version of Christianity is demonstrably false.
In general, the close a set of Christian beliefs conforms to the actual words on the pages of the Bible the easier it is to disprove. Of course, your version of Christianity is one that's unrecognizable as such to most "Christians", but that's how you've chosen to define your Christianity, and here in America you can do that because of this little thing called the First Amendment.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 07/25/21.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve never seen where “Ringman and many other Christians” define the God of Christianity by “literalist interpretations dependent upon a literal 6 day creation, 6,000 year old earth, a firmament, and/or those that require a Flat Earth.” I have seen where “Ringman and many other Christians” profess their belief in a literal interpretation of the Genesis creation story, but that is markedly different as it being their definition of the God of Christianity.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O

There is evidence though. Here is one example amoung many.

https://www.reasonablefaith.org/wri...-of-god/the-kalam-cosmological-argument/

Natural Theology has several very good ones.

W
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Christ died for our sins.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
...your version of Christianity is one that's unrecognizable as such to most "Christians",...
Interesting assertion you’ve made. I think it’s possible that Jesus’ earliest followers after the resurrection...the original practitioners of the original version of Christianity...might also say the same thing about the version of Christianity that is practiced by most “Christians” today; it would be unrecognizable to them.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
[
That's not necessarily true. Weather or not the existence of a specific god(s) can be disproven is a matter of definition. It's why I'll only accept the burden of proof regarding the non-existence of a god after the god(s) is defined, and that definition is agreed upon.

Agreed to by who?

The problem with Christians is, they are really good at "Moving the Goal Posts". They've been doing it for a couple thousand years in their attempts to create an unfalsifiable definition their god.

Modern theologians aren't moving the goals posts.

God of the Bible is by definition falsifiable because He is supernatural and sentient. The empirical method only works in the realm of the natural laws of physics.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

That's not necessarily true. Weather or not the existence of a specific god(s) can be disproven is a matter of definition. It's why I'll only accept the burden of proof regarding the non-existence of a god after the god(s) is defined, and that definition is agreed upon. A simple example of this regarding the Greek gods is the claim they live a top Mount Olympus. Human's scaled Mount Olympus in the 1920's, and found no gods clearly disproving that claim and the existence of any gods depending upon it's truth.

Like wise, many definitions of the Christian God are demonstrably not true. A few simple examples of this are the literalist interpretations dependent upon a literal 6 day creation, 6,000 year old earth, a firmament, and/or those that require a Flat Earth.

The problem with Christians is, they are really good at "Moving the Goal Posts". They've been doing it for a couple thousand years in their attempts to create an unfalsifiable definition their god. But just because you've created an unfalsifiable definition of something, that doesn't mean it's reasonable to believe it exists. If you were to apply this mode of thinking to everything in your life, not just god, you would have to belief everything you were told until it could be definitively disproven, beginning with every fairy tale creature, every other god, and every claim ever made by every scientist, because after all, according to this mode of thinking, they have no burden of proof, you must disprove what they claim even if they have zero evidence to support their claims. So enjoy living in a world were leprechauns are real, Joe Biden got 80,000,000 votes, and Elvis isn't dead.

Heavy load of bafflegab there…. You changed definitions and context….and erected quite a few straw men in your last couple of posts…

…. boil it down and we see that yes, indeed, there is no way you can know that God does not exist…..

Last edited by TF49; 07/25/21.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

Ah,,,yes….just like Mauser’s assertion that God does not exist.

But, the statement still stands….. you don’t KNOW that God does not exist.

DBT Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Perhaps the bible does not describe a literal creation, or a literal world flood or a literal Ark, or a literal tower or a literal exodus....or a literal God.

Perhaps its all metaphor or a means for an ancient people to build a religion and a social identity.

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by DBT
Perhaps the bible does not describe a literal creation, or a literal world flood or a literal Ark, or a literal tower or a literal exodus....or a literal God.

Perhaps its all metaphor or a means for an ancient people to build a religion and a social identity.

Perhaps the Universe popped into existence out of nothing ... like magic.

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

726 members (16gage, 12344mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 01Foreman400, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,556 guests, and 1,371 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,842
Posts18,478,152
Members73,948
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.