T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by dennisinaz
I thought that was a vagina when I first looked

And, the 661 is NOT fuel injected. Only the 500i is such

I just got a 500i not long ago. It has the smoke. Haven't ran it enough yet though to be broken in. Once it cools down some I have a lot of cutting to do. Brush in Pa. is dangerous working in the woods.

GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Originally Posted by 673
A chainsaw is the most dangerous tool I am aware of, and if you are falling timber then sooner or later something is going to happen.
We have a saying....the unlucky get killed and the lucky get good.....I have had trees land beside me.... shocked...had barber chairs......had tops land beside me......had stupid skidderman push snags over in my direction...been hit in the face with debris requiring stiches a couple times...all that and you are still holding and controlling the most dangerous tool.
I sure do miss production falling.

My first year cutting I got hit by a top that was rotten enough to bust off when the tree went over. It was on a steep loose and rocky hillside and I slipped moving away. Ended up face planted into the ground. That one still causes problems 30 years later. I also got a pretty good nick on my left wrist when my bar tip touched my wedge and kicked back out of the back cut. That one was 25 stitches or so.

Just in the last few years 4 guys I know and/or worked with in the woods 3 have been seriously injured wiith one of them dead. 1 of the 3 ended up losing a leg at mid thigh.

The one guy who was killed probably had 30+ years of timber falling under his belt and was widely regarded as a very good timber faller. A widowmaker got him.

I was just talking to my brother a few days ago about logging and we both agreed we missed it for some reason.

My great uncle got killed falling a tree that was rotten in the middle. He was only 26, newly married, and it led to bad blood in the family that lasted many years. My grandfather too, was lucky to survive an incident many years later which probably would have killed him if he wasn't wearing a hard hat - the hard hat was broken by the impact.

Another bloke I know was up a tree when he fell, with his chainsaw running and him trying to bat the bloody thing away as they came down. He was lucky only to get some bad lacerations on his arm and a few scrapes and bruises. He reckoned that fronting up at emergency and telling them he's just gone hand to hand with a bear - and looking like it - got him straight in.

It is a dangerous game

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Judman
Originally Posted by BWalker
Originally Posted by BWalker
Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert
Begging mercy for their sins
Larry laughing, spreads his wings
Oh lord, yeah!

Liar larry was a bushelor, not a cutter… big difference

Only in how they are paid. Busheling is the way to go if your handy with a saw.

That’s subjective.. wanna sit on a stump for hours, your gtg. 👍

I'm not sure what your talking about? A bushler's pay is based on how much wood they put on the ground. A cutter is paid hourly. It's typically more lucrative to be paid by the board feet depending on the ground your in. Stick was logging old growth based on his YouTube videos and I bet making good money while doing so.
When I logged we call busheling piece cutting. Mostly second and third growth hardwood trees. Sometimes you did ok, sometimes not.

Of course you don’t know what I’m talking about. That’s why the dont pay hourly in old growth. Do you know how long it takes to dump one of those big bastards? Wal mart bushelors laziest of the bunch. Judging by Larry’s lifestyle , busheling wasn’t too fruitful

Of course I am aware of the length of time it takes to put a old growth tree down.
That doesn't change the fact that you are suggesting the real loggers aren't busheling, which frankly isn't true.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My grandfathers brother was killed felling a tree in 1940, about 250 yards from where I'm sitting. Fell on him and crushed him.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 1234, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,423
Posts18,470,653
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.