Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
This reminds me

I need to take my hydroxy today

GB4

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My Dad and I went to a Sept 2020 gun show and we both caught it. Dad lasted maybe two weeks, when I went into the unit to tell him he wasn't getting off vent, he was gone in less than 20 hours. I had no symptoms I can pin on, I was on a road trip and might have had just the tiniest "east side snots" but I normally get those when I leave western Montana for someplace not forested. Always takes a couple days for my head to adjust, this was totally expected, completely normal.
Did test positive on return from the trip, which is part of the reason the hospital let me in for one last debrief. I also got the J and J one-shot in May, no sides. Not concerned about myself, but can't get myself to put others at risk even if I apparently am not at risk.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
My Dad and I went to a Sept 2020 gun show and we both caught it. Dad lasted maybe two weeks, when I went into the unit to tell him he wasn't getting off vent, he was gone in less than 20 hours. I had no symptoms I can pin on, I was on a road trip and might have had just the tiniest "east side snots" but I normally get those when I leave western Montana for someplace not forested. Always takes a couple days for my head to adjust, this was totally expected, completely normal.
Did test positive on return from the trip, which is part of the reason the hospital let me in for one last debrief. I also got the J and J one-shot in May, no sides. Not concerned about myself, but can't get myself to put others at risk even if I apparently am not at risk.

Are your anti bodies better after getting the shot even though you already had covid and the strong anti - bodies?

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

That's an unfortunate turn of events. It's just as unfortunate knowing that having the vaccine is no guarantee that you won't infect another.

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by jackmountain
I had a cold back in grinFebruary. I lived.

Glad you made it buddy
grin

IC B2

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert

That's an unfortunate turn of events. It's just as unfortunate knowing that having the vaccine is no guarantee that you won't infect another.

I just reread that and it might appear a little harsh at the end, but I assure you it was not meant as so. I just wanted to clear that up. My only point was that getting the vaccine is pretty much a guarantee of nothing, unfortunately.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My wife and I had covid last October.
dry cough, head ache followed by body aches and upset bowels
wife had a fever for 6 days, I stayed below 100 deg for a couple of days
Day later smell went away for me about a week, almost 6 months for my wife.
joints and body hurt till on the third day I went and split a bunch of firewood with a maul - a good sweat broke the fever and aches.

we were both taking zinc and vit D, B, C. Got an anti-viral brew from a naturopathic Dr that was nasty enough tasting to tell if taste went away, but seemed to help.
I have had pneumonia several times in the past but stayed clear lung wise.
Wish the Ivermectin information was out back then, had plenty on hand for the horses.

nasty bug - real bad for some
I hope for a speedy recovery for all who get it.
Not sure if the physical devastation to the country is worse than the mental devastation that has occurred.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Seriously. Please don't tell us about how it's all bullshit. We get it...it's a political football.

I had it a year ago this month. As far as I can tell, the biggest changes are in my taste. Some stuff I used to like tastes foul and some things I didn't like taste good. Have any of you experienced changes in your taste?

My Daughter tested positive for Covid several months back, Last weekend she still could not handle the off taste of one of her favorite foods, Chicken breast, She says it tastes very metallic.....She had lost all sense of smell and taste for a bit, but that mostly returned.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have had tinnitus since I was a teenager. It got about 50% worse for about 5 months after but has finally returned to normal. No other long term symptoms.

MM

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I'm a blood donor. Sometime between July 2020 (neg for antibodies) and January 2021 (positive for antibodies), I had covid. My best guess is that what I thought was my usual sinus infection (lots or green/yellow crud from the nose) was actually covid. I didn't lose taste or smell, temp was normal, no shortness of breath. My appetite was off for a few days and I lost about 5 lbs. but that was it. That was early November but ???

Dale

This space for rent

IC B3

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Seriously. Please don't tell us about how it's all bullshit. We get it...it's a political football.

I had it a year ago this month. As far as I can tell, the biggest changes are in my taste. Some stuff I used to like tastes foul and some things I didn't like taste good. Have any of you experienced changes in your taste?

My Daughter tested positive for Covid several months back, Last weekend she still could not handle the off taste of one of her favorite foods, Chicken breast, She says it tastes very metallic.....She had lost all sense of smell and taste for a bit, but that mostly returned.

Prayers sent!!!

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by ribka
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Had it Nov 2020. Weak azz cold. Smell and taste are still f'd up.

Oddly enough every time I'm around someone that tests positive and gets sick, my sense of smell and tastes get worse. All I can taste is a chemical like smell/taste, but I don't get sick. Then the longer I go without encountering covid I incrementally get my taste/smell back. Weird stuff

I have 0 respiratory issues from it.

Two months no taste or smell. Second course of ivermectin and two days later taste and smell returned back to normal. worth a try

What dosage are you taking? I'm assuming I'm going to have to take some generic de-wormer from a feed store...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck

Tried to eat some cat,
Tasted like a raw clam.

Isn't that what cat is supposed to taste like? 😊

Slipped that into a serious discussion.
Thought I might be funny. Evidently only you get my humor.
Sorry for you!😁

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Had it the second and third week of June. In a coma for 4 days and in ICU for 9. Could not walk after being released but working w/therapist has that fixed but can only walk short distances. Am on oxygen a couple of hours a day. I have no feeling in my thighs from my knees to my groin. Lost sense of taste but not smell. Dr. said it may take me a year to get back to normal. I've never been so weak and out of breath. The Covid I had is not for sissies. powdr

P.S. I could go on for another page or two about other things like nightmares and the drug they give you that totally paralyzes your body while they work on you. You can feel and hear a lot of things that are going on around you but cannot move any part of your body. Scarry huh. powdr

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had it, felt like a bad cold but I was tired and sore. Lost some taste but seem to be back to normal. Tinnitus also got worse for about a month, same as loss of taste.

Location Western NC,
after alot of other places
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Lt. Pat;
Good evening sir, I hope that other than your taste and smell not being dialed in that you and yours are well.

To be clear this was a local news story and no, even the local station isn't non-political, but anyways they had a lady on who was a chef that ran her own restaurant with your issue.

She said it'd really buggered her up because she couldn't make her old "standby" dishes with confidence anymore as she couldn't tell if they tasted right or not.

Hers was - as I recall - the same as you're experiencing in that both taste and smell hadn't come back "normal" after more than half a year.

Of course the docs had no clue as this is all new to everyone.

All the best with that issue sir - it'd be a bugger for those who like to cook and eat for sure.

Dwayne

As a career exec chef, this does concern me. I’ve been sick with cold-like symptoms a couple times since before the quarantine and once after. Never got tested. No idea if I’ve had it or not. Not getting the vax. Just keep on keeping on. Bills to pay etc, but that WOULD eff with my livelihood. The loss or change of taste thing.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I am now the guy who has had it 2x. The first i had loss of smell but no change in taste. This time, no loss of smell....but i get a bad after taste on most things i should enjoy.

Neither experience was worse than waking up after a days work with a stuffy head.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I had it and was in a really bad way for almost a month, lost sense of smell but taste was a weird one, every thing was to salty even if no salt was used metalic taste was there and everything tasted different. I am about 90% of where I was but can't seem to get that 10% back as far as enegy and a couple of other things, also my out look on life has changed a bit nothing drastic but I do look at a few things differently.

Dean

RUMs are like woman in Stiletto heals, you know they are going to put you in the poor house, but that has never stopped anyone from pursuing them.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I think it ran through our house last December. We never got tested. Started with kids - they had headaches, fever, and nausea. I had it for a few days. Mostly just felt “off” and had a bad taste in my mouth - kinda like someone put a handful of dirt and plastic soda bottle pieces in your mouth and told you to chew it. Then my sense of taste went completely away for a couple of weeks before coming back slowly. No effects at all now.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
GF and I both worked healthcare, both had the ‘vid last December, lost taste and smell, runny nose, felt tired, etc, etc.
Full recovery in a week and a half, 2 weeks.
Had Flu B about 4 years ago, 100% worse. And I’ve taken the flu vac yearly as well.

I work in a prison as a nurse, first of the year had 250 cases of the vid out of 550 inmates

Zero hospital admits, and you guessed it zero deaths. Age ranges from 18 all the way up to one old gal age 79.

Last edited by ppfd; 07/30/21.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

580 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1minute, 160user, 62 invisible), 2,289 guests, and 1,412 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,943
Posts18,480,130
Members73,954
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.