Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
All the words used rather than properly saying grandpa and grandma. Nanna? You mean banana?

Realizing a lot of things annoy me!

"I can't be canceled, because, I don't give a fuuck!"
--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
GB1

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
LOL !!!
JC ( Jim Conrad)
Gets annoyed when I use alot of Army and Infantry acronyms.

I cant help it JC.

But alotta the cats know stuff I'm typing about.
And writing it completely out would take alot of time .
And explaining alot of the acronyms would take alot of detail for understanding them.

Sorry dude.....
🤗🤗🤗😁😁😁😁

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
i have a coworker who uses the word "ninja" instead of the other word

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You may find this worth looking at: LINK

srsly

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by dan_oz
You may find this worth looking at: LINK

srsly

I'm sure I've done this test before. I am at near Rain Man levels of Autism.

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
People with little stupid dogs that think I want to watch them piss and chit acting like I should be commenting on how wonderful they are. Oh, yah, slang.... Tinkle. Make doo doo

--- Kid Rock 2022

Holocaust Deniers, the ultimate perverted dipchits: Bristoe, TheRealHawkeye, stophel, Ghostinthemachine, anyone else?
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by Jericho

Samurai?

--- Kid Rock 2022

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

alot

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.
D
DHN Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Slang bothers me far less than mis-spoken clichés and sayings.

I hear "hone-in" on something, and "unchartered" waters a lot. That's the stuff that bugs me.

This. Another one is "I could care less."

Dale

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sensitive lot.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
That's a canopy dumbass, not a topper!

We've been thru this enough times, by now I thought you'd get with the program.

It's a CAMPER SHELL.

Sheesh.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
In regards to "Does slang annoy you?"

Prolly.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jericho

Samurai?

Bushido?

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

Z
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
When I conduct a shotgun qualification, I let them know that anyone who refers to their weapon as a shotty or a gauge is an automatic fail. Both sound retarded to me and rankle me to no end.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
And irregardless. It’s regardless. I know it’s not really slang but whenever I hear someone say irregardless I’m tempted to see if a well executed backhand across the mouth would help. Doubtful. Plus I am not too keen on going to jail.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Originally Posted by USMC2602
Not a major point in life, but I have to admit, when someone says "taters" I cringe just a bit.

Canadian chicken chain we have here called Mary Brown's(pretty good chicken too) has 'taters on the menu. They always ask "fries or 'taters"" and I usually answer back potatoes. One time I said 'taters, and I swear I could barely utter the word, and then I felt like a damn retard. More than usual, I mean.

Pomme du terre, n’est pas?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Originally Posted by USMC2602
Not a major point in life, but I have to admit, when someone says "taters" I cringe just a bit.

Canadian chicken chain we have here called Mary Brown's(pretty good chicken too) has 'taters on the menu. They always ask "fries or 'taters"" and I usually answer back potatoes. One time I said 'taters, and I swear I could barely utter the word, and then I felt like a damn retard. More than usual, I mean.

Do they have spuds?

That's mostly all we had growing up. Peeled spuds, baked spuds, fried spuds, but, potatoes, they're mashed.

Loggers had some slang that has stayed with me. In college I said jigger-rig, as I was tought as appropriate in such settings, the polite way. Another insisted its Jerry-rig. Dumbest damned thing I ever heard. Guess they hadn't ever heard niigger-rig. Who the hell is Jerry?

Jury-rigged means something was assembled quickly with the materials on hand. Jerry-built means it was cheaply or poorly built. Jerry-rigged is a variant of jury-rigged, and it may have been influenced by jerry-built. While some people consider it to be an incorrect version of jury-rigged, it’s widely used, especially in everyday speech.

What does jury-rigged mean?
The word jury has a few different meanings. It can be a group of people that decides the verdict in a legal case or a group of people who judge a contest. Via French, this jury goes back to a Latin verb meaning “to swear (an oath),” also seen in words like perjury.

But, in the nautical world, jury means “makeshift” or “temporary.” The origin of this jury isn’t exactly known.

The word rig is also a nautical term. As a verb, it means “to fit a ship or mast with the necessary elements (such as shrouds and sails).” More generally, it means “to assemble.” Together, these words become jury-rigged by the late 18th century.

A jury-rig, as a noun, is a temporary solution that’s built to replace something that’s been broken or lost overboard. The word can also be used as a verb. For example: “She jury-rigged a new topmast after hers broke in the wind.” Although this expression is rooted in the nautical world, it can refer to any makeshift, MacGyver-like fix: “He jury-rigged a raincoat from garbage bag in the garage.”

https://www.dictionary.com/e/jury-rigged-vs-jerry-rigged/

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I've long realized that my brain doesn't necessarily work quite normally in some area's, and wondered if maybe others share this same problem. I find that some slang terms really annoy me...like to the point of extreme irritational anger. No real rhyme or reason to it either. Sammich? Sounds retarded. Song dog? Retarded. Speed goat, ditch donkey etc, same. Catsup? Yeah I know its not necessarily slang but still trips the little switch in my brain. The latest and worst is "the jab". I don't really GAF about the actual vaccine and it's surrounding propaganda, but that term makes me want to do crime. Even worse is "double jab"....like somehow everyone using stupid slang terms for it makes it cool or something. I dunno, it doesn't make any sense but there it is.

Oh, and buttons. I hate buttons. Buttons are gross looking, stupid shiny little plastic or metal discs. Alot of the time they aren't even necessary or functional but added for some sort of decoration! Makes my skin crawl just thinking about them. I'm not weird, your weird! That is all.

Most any bastardization of the English language annoys me. To include the dumb fugks from the south that can't pronounce basic words, grown men that say "pasghetti" and think it's cute, or grown women that say "preggers" instead of pregnant.

I'd be fine with it being a hanging offense.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by deflave
I've long realized that my brain doesn't necessarily work quite normally in some area's, and wondered if maybe others share this same problem. I find that some slang terms really annoy me...like to the point of extreme irritational anger. No real rhyme or reason to it either. Sammich? Sounds retarded. Song dog? Retarded. Speed goat, ditch donkey etc, same. Catsup? Yeah I know its not necessarily slang but still trips the little switch in my brain. The latest and worst is "the jab". I don't really GAF about the actual vaccine and it's surrounding propaganda, but that term makes me want to do crime. Even worse is "double jab"....like somehow everyone using stupid slang terms for it makes it cool or something. I dunno, it doesn't make any sense but there it is.

Oh, and buttons. I hate buttons. Buttons are gross looking, stupid shiny little plastic or metal discs. Alot of the time they aren't even necessary or functional but added for some sort of decoration! Makes my skin crawl just thinking about them. I'm not weird, your weird! That is all.

Most any bastardization of the English language annoys me. To include the dumb fugks from the south that can't pronounce basic words, grown men that say "pasghetti" and think it's cute, or grown women that say "preggers" instead of pregnant.

I'd be fine with it being a hanging offense.

It’s sketti..

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by SandBilly

It’s sketti..

I hope you die in your sleep this evening.

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

404 members (007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 1lesfox, 222ND, 10ring1, 35 invisible), 2,030 guests, and 1,133 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,391
Posts18,469,875
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.