Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The world is changing, not just Australia. It's no longer the world or the Australia I grew up in.

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
The $11k fine for posting anti-lockdown online doesn't exist. It was proposed by the opposition party of the NSW government. I think it was intended as a swing at the ruling party ie for political purposes. It's akin to a little yappy dog.

can a citizen walk around without a mask be it in a school, business, govt building?

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by erikj
More fake news?
Australia sends in army to enforce Sydney lockdown

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/australas...dney-lockdown/ar-AAMJ5Hb?ocid=uxbndlbing

Pretty much, yes.

The Army isn't "enforcing lockdown"

There are 300 unarmed soldiers assisting with doorknocking people in Sydney who are subject to self-isolation - in other words, those who have been in contact with an infected person or the like, who are required to quarantine at home.

I think that it is an inappropriate use of the Army in aid of the civil power, but it is not a case of the Army "enforcing" anything, and we don't have armed soldiers on the streets. Not like, say, you have had in the US.

It is also worth saying that there are specific provisions under the Commonwealth Constitution and Defence Act 1903 (Cth) which would stand in the way of armed soldiers enforcing State laws.

But hey, you believe what you want to believe ;-).

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by ribka
The $11k fine for posting anti-lockdown online doesn't exist. It was proposed by the opposition party of the NSW government. I think it was intended as a swing at the ruling party ie for political purposes. It's akin to a little yappy dog.

can a citizen walk around without a mask be it in a school, business, govt building?

Not at the moment here (Brisbane) or Sydney - we're in lock down. We only just went into lock down here in Brisbane from last Saturday until next Sunday, we have Covid cases in the community at the moment (not large numbers - only in the order or a dozen or so, but they fear it may be more). Prior to that it hadn't been too bad - a couple of months ago I managed to cross the border and see some snow without issues.

We had a period since then where we didn't have to wear masks, indoors or outdoors, but had to carry them on our person just in case we could not maintain our social distance.

Yesterday I did a mask-less bike ride around my neighborhood area and passed many mask-less people doing similar either walking their dogs or pushing strollers - it was a fine day to be out. This is within the current lock-down rules.

There are many people who can work from home and aren't greatly affected by lock-downs but unfortunately there are also many who can't work from home and don't get paid as a result.

Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
erikj Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dan_oz
Originally Posted by erikj
More fake news?
Australia sends in army to enforce Sydney lockdown

https://www.msn.com/en-xl/australas...dney-lockdown/ar-AAMJ5Hb?ocid=uxbndlbing

Pretty much, yes.

The Army isn't "enforcing lockdown"

There are 300 unarmed soldiers assisting with doorknocking people in Sydney who are subject to self-isolation - in other words, those who have been in contact with an infected person or the like, who are required to quarantine at home.

I think that it is an inappropriate use of the Army in aid of the civil power, but it is not a case of the Army "enforcing" anything, and we don't have armed soldiers on the streets. Not like, say, you have had in the US.

It is also worth saying that there are specific provisions under the Commonwealth Constitution and Defence Act 1903 (Cth) which would stand in the way of armed soldiers enforcing State laws.

But hey, you believe what you want to believe ;-).

Dan,
Saw this on Twitter today.
https://twitter.com/i/status/1422310531919122437

@jameslavish

If you work 40 hrs/wk: at 5% inflation and after 5 years, you need a 28% pay raise or to work 44 more hours (*one full extra week* per month+) to make up the difference.

This is inflation
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
fabulous, you got to ride a bike on the street without a mask?

I see nsw completely locked down again with police Covid patrols

https://www.facebook.com/100064872844939/posts/198839218955172/

Originally Posted by ribka

Not at the moment here (Brisbane) or Sydney - we're in lock down. We only just went into lock down here in Brisbane from last Saturday until next Sunday, we have Covid cases in the community at the moment (not large numbers - only in the order or a dozen or so, but they fear it may be more). Prior to that it hadn't been too bad - a couple of months ago I managed to cross the border and see some snow without issues.

We had a period since then where we didn't have to wear masks, indoors or outdoors, but had to carry them on our person just in case we could not maintain our social distance.

Yesterday I did a mask-less bike ride around my neighborhood area and passed many mask-less people doing similar either walking their dogs or pushing strollers - it was a fine day to be out. This is within the current lock-down rules.

There are many people who can work from home and aren't greatly affected by lock-downs but unfortunately there are also many who can't work from home and don't get paid as a result.

Last edited by ribka; 08/19/21.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Tie me covid down sport.

https://youtu.be/RviuTfdfArM

Old guy, old guns.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

266 members (450yukon, 1_deuce, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 2500HD, 300_savage, 41 invisible), 2,430 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,694
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.