Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Dump a 5 gallon bucket of soapy water into the hole.

Originally Posted by Reloder28
Soapy water in a pump sprayer

I’ve seen the soapy water thing on YouTube. Looks like a neat idea. I‘m a poison spray guy myself, but I might try soap next time. It seems like a ground nest would be a great place for it.

Two in our family have had anaphylaxis from stings, so it’s all out war at our house. Take no prisoners!

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
They built a nest in my receiver hitch when I was out of town. I soaked them with brake cleaner...

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by MadMooner
Last ground nest I took out I went at with a weed burner. Then gas in the hole, more weed burner, some wasp spray, and more gas.

Then I dug up the hole with a shovel and repeated the whole process until I killed them again, 4 or 5 times.

Then I pissed on their corpses. Or, what was left of them at least.

I like your thinking. Shoot ‘em, and then hang ‘em, and then burn ‘em. Can’t be too dead to suit me.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
You need more skunks and armadillos.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ray_Herbert
You need more skunks and armadillos.
Sheet, I have plenty of skunks and armadillos, plenty of yellow jackets too.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Im an exterminator by trade. Ive dealt with 8-10 nest the past week. Delta dust or Tempo dust in a puffer. Walk up to nest insert nozzle and give a couple hardy squeezes. This dust doesn't seem to get them excited. Ive not been stung in a long while doing this.

Leave the gas for the car, especially if you plan on lighting it up. I had a friend that his mother poured about a gallon or so into a hole. She went back inside to get a match. It was late summer, humidity was high. Gas vapors stayed near the ground, when she lit the match and tossed it near the hole it the flames engulfed her. She died a couple later in a burn center. She was 82.

"Pride is the only disease that makes everyone sick except the one that has it"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Poison some hamburger and let them carry it back to the nests. You'll kill every yellow jacket in every nest as far as they travel.

That's a great idea..

Just remember to bring in Grumpy Cat and Tooner.

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
You’ll get a lot more satisfaction if revenge includes some flames. 😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by callnum
Poison some hamburger and let them carry it back to the nests. You'll kill every yellow jacket in every nest as far as they travel.

TFF

It actually works well.

Old wives tale.

Hit the holes with foam wasp spray just before dark and be done with it.

If I had a ground nest with 1 entrance I would hit the entrance with the foam in a can, no poison needed and they will quickly suffocate and there are no poisons

Last edited by Dustyone; 08/03/21.

I VOTED FOR TRUMP TWICE, AND WILL VOTE FOR HIM AGAIN
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Highoctane

Im an exterminator by trade. Ive dealt with 8-10 nest the past week. Delta dust or Tempo dust in a puffer. Walk up to nest insert nozzle and give a couple hardy squeezes. This dust doesn't seem to get them excited. Ive not been stung in a long while doing this.

Leave the gas for the car, especially if you plan on lighting it up. I had a friend that his mother poured about a gallon or so into a hole. She went back inside to get a match. It was late summer, humidity was high. Gas vapors stayed near the ground, when she lit the match and tossed it near the hole it the flames engulfed her. She died a couple later in a burn center. She was 82.

Woah! That's sad.
Thanks for the warning.
We all need a reminder from time to time.

The worst chain saw accident was a feller who was out logging.
He took a break and lit a cigarette without thinking about the gas he spilled on himself when he filled the chain saw. People do foolish things when tired.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Highoctane

One question High octane.

Have you ever dusted them with borate dust.... Boric acid?
It's an OCT for ants.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

TFF

It actually works well.

Old wives tale.

Not hardly. YJ’s and many other wasps are attracted to proteins like meat, especially in the spring and early summer.
Mix some poison, like the aforementioned fipronil, in a bit of raw ground beef. Works well.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Dump a 5 gallon bucket of soapy water into the hole.

Fire? Soapy water? Hmmmmm….
This is a no brainer man.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Jack you need to think about who is steering clear of starting fires in confined spaces. Do you really think I should be doing that? My thread headline tomorrow...How Long Does it Take Eyelashes and Eyebrows to Grow Back Out?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Last ground nest I took out I went at with a weed burner. Then gas in the hole, more weed burner, some wasp spray, and more gas.

Then I dug up the hole with a shovel and repeated the whole process until I killed them again, 4 or 5 times.

lolololol

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

lolololol

I'm all in favor of that. I hate those bastards, and yes I'd kill them repeatedly then defile their little hellish corpses...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fipronil

Kill em in the whole area.

get it here,

https://www.domyown.com/

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C

TFF

It actually works well.

Old wives tale.

Not hardly. YJ’s and many other wasps are attracted to proteins like meat, especially in the spring and early summer.
Mix some poison, like the aforementioned fipronil, in a bit of raw ground beef. Works well.

Exactly how many days will this silly method take to kill off a couple holes of wasps versus foam spray or High Octanes method that works instantly? Especially since it’s not spring or early summer.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Mark their location. Go back about dusk and pour about a cup of gasoline in each hole. End of problem.

Ignore the idiots telling you to light it. A bee that comes in contact with gas fumes will shrivel up amd turn black just like he was burned right before your eyes.

C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I've killed them with the long range wasp spray down the hole as well as a gallon of gas, a gallon of diesel, and just today I used a gallon of used motor oil down the hole because I was out of diesel and didn't have anything else handy. So far the used motor oil seems to have worked too.

None of these involved fire, I just poured the stuff down the hole and let it sit.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Soapy water might work, but fire is way more satisfying.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (1lessdog, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 222Sako, 21, 12344mag, 61 invisible), 2,438 guests, and 1,210 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,412
Posts18,470,447
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.