Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by BuckHaggard
Originally Posted by JoeBob
You get Covid, you most likely get over Covid and get on with your life. You take the vaccine and whatever is in that vaccine, it is with you for life. Whatever harm that vaccine may do, it does it for life. There have been no long term studies. Hell, there have been no studies of more than two years. If your life expectancy is less than ten years anyway, you are probably better off taking the vaccine. Those odds are acceptable. Life expectancy of twenty years, then it becomes more of an actual question. More than that? It isn’t a question at all. Don’t take the vaccine. Giving it to kids who have a life expectancy of another seventy years? Insanity bordering on criminal negligence.

And all of that is assuming the vaccine works. But since it is becoming clear that it doesn’t keep you from getting or passing it on, the utility for the vaccine is virtually nil.

Complete idiotic bullsh!t.

Care to enlighten us which part is bs. With data, if you don't mind.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by cfran
Originally Posted by Springcove
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

Fake news.

Ok Dr Retard. Explain how 4 fully vaccinated people in the same household all got Covid 3 weeks ago you dumbass? 3 adults and a child. Maderna shot. Come on stupid let’s hear it and only the facts.

Or how about 700+ positives from vaccinated folks out of 1,000 total people on a beach a few weeks back on the East Coast. Happy to post the link if you don’t believe me.

cfran, would you mind posting link? I haven't seen/read that account, but would like to have it (and share elsewhere). Thanks...

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Sounds like some of the suckers that took the bait, hook, line and sinker are having buyers remorse. Hopefully the worst case scenario is the so called vaccine is just a hoax like the China flu. My guess is we'll know within 5 years which group made the right decision.

Life is good live it while you can.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Ok, so it seems pretty well accepted that the vax isn’t stopping infections. Any reliable stats on reduced hospitalization or death among the vaxed or has it now been determined to be totally worthless?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jeezus, if it wasn't for elections or diseases there would be nothing for some of you to talk about.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Jeezus, if it wasn't for elections or diseases there would be nothing for some of you to talk about.
Glad you are here for me to tell you about my prostate. laugh

Politics is War by Other Means
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NVhntr

That’s funny, you seem involved in most of these.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by kappa8
Originally Posted by cfran
Originally Posted by Springcove
Originally Posted by GunTruck50

Fake news.

Ok Dr Retard. Explain how 4 fully vaccinated people in the same household all got Covid 3 weeks ago you dumbass? 3 adults and a child. Maderna shot. Come on stupid let’s hear it and only the facts.

Or how about 700+ positives from vaccinated folks out of 1,000 total people on a beach a few weeks back on the East Coast. Happy to post the link if you don’t believe me.

cfran, would you mind posting link? I haven't seen/read that account, but would like to have it (and share elsewhere). Thanks...

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...ta-vaccinated-breakthrough-mask-guidance

And from NPR no less. That should eliminate any right-wing conspiracy responses

We will see about protection from hospitalization and death. Seems like the vax is getting less protective by the day

Last edited by Slope77; 08/06/21.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I’ve got it right now. I’m not vaxxed. I haven’t worn a max during the entire pandemic. I’ve spent hours in cars with people on two instances who were diagnosed the next day and didn’t get it. I’ve talked to hundreds of people as part of my job in close proximity and didn’t get it. I got it this week. It’s been no big deal. Started showing symptoms on Monday. I am not quite right today, but I don’t feel too bad.

There are going to be lots and lots of people who missed out on a whole year or two of life for basically nothing. You’re going to get it, whether you’re vaxxed or not, and most likely you are going to be alright. It has a better than 90% survival rate amongst ALL age groups. Overall, it has a 99.7% survival rate.

No need to take the additional risk of an experimental vaccine.

I met with a 77 year old man I've known my whole life today. 6 months out from COVID he was carrying an O2 bottle and wheezing for every breath. He said his Dr says it appears he's making no further progress, and he's too old for a lung transplant. He'll live with the lung damage for whatever time he has left.

I guess I could have told him "at least you're in the 90% of old people who survived!"

Point being this.....your statistics completely ignore millions of people who survived and live permanently reduced lives as a result. Whatever your position is ignoring that by saying 99.7% survive is callous, and overlooks an important part of the picture.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Makintrax73
I’ve got it right now. I’m not vaxxed. I haven’t worn a max during the entire pandemic. I’ve spent hours in cars with people on two instances who were diagnosed the next day and didn’t get it. I’ve talked to hundreds of people as part of my job in close proximity and didn’t get it. I got it this week. It’s been no big deal. Started showing symptoms on Monday. I am not quite right today, but I don’t feel too bad.

There are going to be lots and lots of people who missed out on a whole year or two of life for basically nothing. You’re going to get it, whether you’re vaxxed or not, and most likely you are going to be alright. It has a better than 90% survival rate amongst ALL age groups. Overall, it has a 99.7% survival rate.

No need to take the additional risk of an experimental vaccine.

I met with a 77 year old man I've known my whole life today. 6 months out from COVID he was carrying an O2 bottle and wheezing for every breath. He said his Dr says it appears he's making no further progress, and he's too old for a lung transplant. He'll live with the lung damage for whatever time he has left.

I guess I could have told him "at least you're in the 90% of old people who survived!"

Point being this.....your statistics completely ignore millions of people who survived and live permanently reduced lives as a result. Whatever your position is ignoring that by saying 99.7% survive is callous, and overlooks an important part of the picture.

I am completely unqualified to comment on this.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7645850/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8289694/

IC B3

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
All this covid stuff quite frankly you read enough on both sides you really don't know what to believe. I personally know now 4 people that have passed away that they say was covid. I had a pretty good case of it myself got into my lungs. A z-pack and steroids got me through this. Once in awhile I feel like I still have an issue but whether it's something left over or just cuz I'm getting old I don't really know. Wife that is a nurse had it and hers was more like a two-day allergy fit. What I do know is China and any [bleep] involved with the lab where this came from needs to be dead dead dead

Last edited by ldholton; 08/06/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I saw something that kind of alarmed me. You don't want ANY variation of Covid. That loss of smell and taste? Turns out it is NEUROLOGICAL, another manifestation of brain fog. Big study in Britain that was first focused on cognition pre-Covid, those results ended up being a baseline for pre and post- COVID cognitive research, which in turn showed high-order "executive reasoning" was lowered by COVID, especially in those who had significant cases. I don't recall FLU giving us major neuro issues, do you?
That right there is another reason why I don't regret being jabbed one iota.

Up hills slow,
Down hills fast
Tonnage first and
Safety last.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ldholton
All this covid stuff quite frankly you read enough on both sides you really don't know what to believe. I personally know now 4 people that have passed away that they say was covid. I had a pretty good case of it myself got into my lungs. A z-pack and steroids got me through this. Once in awhile I feel like I still have an issue but whether it's something left over or just cuz I'm getting old I don't really know. Wife that is a nurse had it and hers was more like a two-day allergy fit. What I do know is China and any [bleep] involved with the lab where this came from needs to be dead dead dead

It is hard to tell the truth. I think I had it December (no big deal) and so I don’t feel the risk of the vaccine is worth while.

They should be water boarding Daszak somewhere and Faucci should be on deck.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner
I saw something that kind of alarmed me. You don't want ANY variation of Covid. That loss of smell and taste? Turns out it is NEUROLOGICAL, another manifestation of brain fog. Big study in Britain that was first focused on cognition pre-Covid, those results ended up being a baseline for pre and post- COVID cognitive research, which in turn showed high-order "executive reasoning" was lowered by COVID, especially in those who had significant cases. I don't recall FLU giving us major neuro issues, do you?

My personal experience is sick as I got I do not remember any brain fog for say. Maybe that's a difference some of the people that seem to get long issues and get very sick or die and some that don't maybe it affects the brain more long-term. Truth is nobody really knows yet that's the very scary part in my opinion

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Dave_Skinner

I was really busy at work because it was year end. I had to be there. Closed my door and kept to myself. I remember the “heaviness” and thinking “I don’t have time for this”. There was some congestion, fatigue, and a bad taste in my mouth. Just seemed like a bug I didn’t have time for. But I lost my sense of taste for a couple weeks, that’s why I think I had it. I don’t think I am any more stupid than I was before.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Makintrax73

This point occurs to me, also, whenever the survival stats are posted. It is indeed a concern, but it's no help taking poison, that likely does nothing beneficial, because of that fact.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by Hogwild7
BS the shots do offer some protection. The delta variant gets almost every unvaccinated.person exposed to it. We are seeing it where I work right now.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Now we got Delta plus!!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by ironbender
Now we got Delta plus!!

The boosters will be a cash cow.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
How genius can ya get?

A vaccine that makes more people get sick that just happens to be distributed at about the same time they stop measuring hospitalizations and deaths but become obsessed with cases as they decide how draconian their rules “to stop the spread” must be “to protect us from the deadly virus”.

Seems… convenient.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

93 members (35, 69sportfury, AdventureBound, 6mmCreedmoor, 6mmbrfan, 257_X_50, 8 invisible), 1,445 guests, and 890 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,118
Posts18,483,514
Members73,966
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.