Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I've never had any trouble killing WT deer with 25cal. bullets. Even the supposed lowly 100gr Horandy SPs worked well.

I have a Ruger UL 257 Roberts. I have had other 257 Roberts rifles. When I was stationed on Kodiak, I had a 257 Roberts. I have no trouble finding Sitka deer and killing them with it. That with non +P loads. I had a plain jane Weaver scope on it. Apparently some people need turrets, .723 G1 BC bullets and modern custom chamberings to do the same thing.

GB1

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I've never had any trouble killing WT deer with 25cal. bullets. Even the supposed lowly 100gr Horandy SPs worked well.

I have a Ruger UL 257 Roberts. I have had other 257 Roberts rifles. When I was stationed on Kodiak, I had a 257 Roberts. I have no trouble finding Sitka deer and killing them with it. That with non +P loads. I had a plain jane Weaver scope on it. Apparently some people need turrets, .723 G1 BC bullets and modern custom chamberings to do the same thing.

The 100 grain Sierra flat base works pretty well also from a .257 Roberts.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
If you folks on the east coast that extoll the virtues of the 25 caliber rifles on deer were to move west and hunt mule deer, antelope, black bear and elk, you’d probably come to the harsh realization that the 25 calibers work pretty darn well on all those critters as well, and you had little excuse for buying another rifle.
Larry, aka, Big Stick, buys guns for one purpose, and one purpose only: to come in here and brag and bully.
As I pointed out on an earlier post, if you divide Larry’s time off hours by the number of rifles he claims to own, each rifle gets used less, much less than 7 hours a year on average.
By the same token, if you take the number of bullets he brags on, the fact that he mostly hunts just deer and probably only can shoot a dozen deer a year, it would take many years to definitively analyze the effectiveness of even a few bullets on deer.
Larry’s claim to be a hard charging user of rifles and scopes falls on it’s face when you do the simple math. Larry is an expert at buying an endless number of rifles, shooting rocks, and typing gibberish, posting the same childish gibberish over and over, but when challenged on his blather, he shrinks away.
For twenty or so years, I have watched him chortle with delight as he barges into threads, calls everybody gay, stupid and poverty stricken. He tries so hard to be the big he man, but ignores the fact that to be a man, first one has to be an adult. He operates way below the adult level.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
PaulaBurnedHard,

Wow! Alaska?!? I can only read about it and to think you've actually been there...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Here's to how very WELL founded your countless Insecurities are,you Magnificently STUPID Fhuqk! I have heard of a Weaver scope,but have never seen one. I saw a guy on TV with a turret,once. Isn't the 257 Roberts like a Super Hot Rod chambering?!? You lost me with "BC". Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

21" 243 Kreedmire here,with a 110 Sugar at 3025fps and a Smooch. It seems to me,that by just looking through the scope,that 1250yds is a breeze?!? How come the case is sooooooo much smaller than a 257 Roberts? How come that despite being quieter,burning less powder,weighing less,havig a shorter barrel and recoiling less,it simply stomps THE fhuqk out of a 257 Roberts? Is it because you've been to Alaska? Is it because they sell 243 Kreedmire ammo in stores? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

How come a 21" 7-08 will shoot a .796 BC at 2600fps and a 257 Roberts is much bigger? I like your helmet. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!......................

elkchunt,

I like your lies...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I tossed you a boat tail,because you CLUELESS Droolers need ALL the help you can get. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

BARELY supersonic to the 900yd line. Hint. LAUGHING!

How come that VERY big Roberts case,starts out 175fps faster,but at 100yds it is only 52fps faster? How come at 150yds,it's going slower than that itty-bitty 243 Kreedmire. That is weird. how come that bigger/heavier bullet going faster,drifts more in the wind at the 50yd line? That's really weird. How come you can only afford one scope cap? How come the 243 Kreedmire is going faster at 1500yds,than your great big Roberts is at 900yds? Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,you CLUELESS Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit.

Hint.

Fhuqking Laughing!....................

Joyce,

Here's to the HILARITY,of how just very WELL founded your countless Insecurities are...you 'lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Might I suggest (3) Midol and 1000cc's of Vagisil in your usual location(s). Hint. Fhuqking laughing!

As an aside,I "only" get 7-1/2 months of vacation a year. Perhaps try a paragraph? You are doing "GREAT!" though. Hint.

bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Since I follow the Hunting Rifles forum, this thread has been constantly at the top of my Followed List page for days. I didn't think the 250 Savage was that popular.

When I finally clicked on it and saw the number of pages, my first thought was - Crap, Big Stump is on here running his corksucker. Sure enough, scrolling down through the pages over half the replies are "You are ignoring this user".

Sorry, I've never owned, shot, or even handled a 250 Savage, so I don't have anything to add to the discussion.

Last edited by TATELAW; 08/07/21.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
IC B2

E
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
E

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
TaintRaw,

You rest assured,that I REALLY "believe" your heralded Imaginary Pretend Ignore is "real"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for Lying,Crying,Whining and Trying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

elkchunt,

How many times a day do you think about me,on the average...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute" you CLUELESS Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint.

Bless your heart for trying though and at least you "have" your GoogleFu.

Hint.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by TATELAW
Since I follow the Hunting Rifles forum, this thread has been constantly at the top of my Followed List page for days. I didn't think the 250 Savage was that popular.

When I finally clicked on it and saw the number of pages, my first thought was - Crap, Big Stump is on here running his corksucker. Sure enough, scrolling down through the pages over half the replies are "You are ignoring this user".

Sorry, I've never owned, shot, or even handled a 250 Savage, so I don't have anything to add to the discussion.

I think that the 250-3000 falls into the same performance neighborhood as the 243, 6MM REM, and 257 Roberts. They all will do what they were designed to do pretty well if you use them within their performance envelope. Case capacities run from approximately 46 to 56 grains of H2O filled to the top of the neck. !0 grains of case capacity equates to about a 2.5% potential velocity difference according to Mule Deer's ROT. My long experience with the 250-3000 and 257 Roberts bears this out, with the Roberts being just a little faster than the Newton designed cartridge when all the other variables are the same.

I would agree that bullets are more important that case head stamps, but there are plenty of 0.243" and 0.257" hunting bullets that are capable of shooting MOA or better and medium game hunting just doesn't require that degree of precision in the great majority of cases. I've never had a bullet failure or lost a head of game when I was using Nosler Partitions and while the Partition is far from being a match grade bullet design, it is a fine hunting bullet that combines excellent penetration with adequate accuracy potential.

Or so it seems to me.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by TATELAW

Same,

got here late.

And since the thread has already been stepped on and the OP got his point across by the middle of page 3 IIRC, I figure you guys don't get to have all the fun.

A bit of history.

I came to 24 hour Campfire in 2008, shortly after Larry/Bushler/Big Stick came over to AccurateReloading, blew up the forum by posting over 700 times in a 36 hour period after which time he was permanently banned. I enjoy taking photos and can do a reasonable job at posting. At that time, being a Texas boy, for me, the nature and quality of his pix were Intriguing. Somehow I heard that he posted on 24hour. I came to check out his pix. Evidently he had been recently been banned here but was posting at the site, ARAIG. So I decided to check that out. BOY HOWDY!

Anywho, back around 2009, being a Pig Perforator form Texas, was kinda like being a leper, especially if you hunted over bait/feeders. So I needed some credentials.

Darrick Carraway was kind enough to help.

He sold me this "Western Hunter Starter Pack"

A McSwirley crayon for painting a stock, a Hornady 6mm, 87 Gr. Bullet, some blue tape for the muzzle of my barrel, and a gen-u-ine Gene Ingram knife.

What made it even better was that it was a pre-enjoyed 2013 ARAIG Group buy knife.

If you've paid any attention to B's posts, you know in what regard he holds Texicans. Especially those that hunt out of Golf Carts, behind Gates at "The Petting Zoo" and Remember the Alamo by drinking Alamo Beer.( See Haybale and Crockett Chronicles)

Years later I smile at the fact that I am still holding that knife "hostage" here in Texas.

So although B don't seem to play well with others. I do enjoy the show!

ya!

GWB

Last edited by geedubya; 08/07/21.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
Some of the best posts here are/were the boxer/stick/Gdub picture dumps.

I’m a sucker for em.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'dubya',

Hell...I remember when folks here,actually shot. Now it's a cavalcade of Crying Karens,bemoaning their VERY Tender Feelers and perfecting their "Victim" Routines(which is assuredly NO fhuqking "Act"). Hint.

In fairness,I've never heard of said Bladesmith. Hint.

I'm rather at ease in handing out slack on the rope,but it just never seems to go the way Melting Snowflakes hope. Hint.

Bless their hearts....................

'1,

I always was gonna dabble in Photography,but never got around to it. Perhaps,some day?!? Hint...................(grin)

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Royce
If you folks on the east coast that extoll the virtues of the 25 caliber rifles on deer were to move west and hunt mule deer, antelope, black bear and elk, you’d probably come to the harsh realization that the 25 calibers work pretty darn well on all those critters as well, and you had little excuse for buying another rifle.
Larry, aka, Big Stick, buys guns for one purpose, and one purpose only: to come in here and brag and bully.
As I pointed out on an earlier post, if you divide Larry’s time off hours by the number of rifles he claims to own, each rifle gets used less, much less than 7 hours a year on average.
By the same token, if you take the number of bullets he brags on, the fact that he mostly hunts just deer and probably only can shoot a dozen deer a year, it would take many years to definitively analyze the effectiveness of even a few bullets on deer.
Larry’s claim to be a hard charging user of rifles and scopes falls on it’s face when you do the simple math. Larry is an expert at buying an endless number of rifles, shooting rocks, and typing gibberish, posting the same childish gibberish over and over, but when challenged on his blather, he shrinks away.
For twenty or so years, I have watched him chortle with delight as he barges into threads, calls everybody gay, stupid and poverty stricken. He tries so hard to be the big he man, but ignores the fact that to be a man, first one has to be an adult. He operates way below the adult level.

Hah! Outstanding post!

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Agreed, but I note Stick and I have a similarity in that we have both been banned from Accurate Reloading forums. Though Stick badly needs a shrink I don't share that particular similarity.

Dog I rescued in January

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

There is NO need for you to perpetually quantify,that the Texas Version of EVERYTHING,is simply fhuqking HILARIOUS...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The Imagination,Pretend and Insecurities are simply BIGGEST in Texas. "Luckily",you can concoct a Delusion in which you somehow "get" to attach yourself to me,because it is painfully fhuqking OBVIOUS,that you simply can not begin to "do" for yourself. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

If only for perspective,how many times a day do you think about me? HINT.

Bless your heart.

P.S. and by the way,grab some slack on the rope and "tell" me "more". DARE ya'.

Hint.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Rickety,

There is NO need for you to perpetually quantify,that the Texas Version of EVERYTHING,is simply fhuqking HILARIOUS...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

The Imagination,Pretend and Insecurities are simply BIGGEST in Texas. "Luckily",you can concoct a Delusion in which you somehow "get" to attach yourself to me,because it is painfully fhuqking OBVIOUS,that you simply can not begin to "do" for yourself. Read that again. Now one more time. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Well when I see you go into your blowhard routine I am guilty of thinking it is funny in a way. You might have back in the 70's made a good standup comedian but in reality your true calling snorting sawdust works too.

Dog I rescued in January

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by rickt300
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Rickety,

Bless your heart.

Hint.

Well when I see you go into your blowhard routine I am guilty of thinking it is funny in a way. You might have back in the 70's made a good standup comedian but in reality your true calling snorting sawdust works too.

That’s methed up , man

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ask yourself when his last cogent and useful post was, probably sometime prior to August 10, 2010.

Losing a child has got to weigh heavily on a person,. the crushing guilt of continually asking yourself what you could have done differently.

OTOH, if you're a nacissist, you tell yourself that nothing you did contributed to the actual outcome.

RIP KEB

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Rickety,

Pardon facts upsetting you so and I'm rather at ease in the comfort of same,as you gals concoct Delusions predicated upon your Imagination and Pretend,then frost same copiously with Estrogen...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You be SURE to "activate" your GoogleFu,should you "think" I am "mistaken". Mainly because,schit do NOT get fhuqking funnier than that! Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

My "trouble" is,I make a LOT of things look "easy",if only because they are for me and wellllllll beyond your "means","abilities" or "comprehension". HILARIOUSLY,you Drooling Fhuqktards can't connect a single fhuqking dot by yourselves and that schit never ain't not fhuqking FUNNY! Hint.

Again. Just how many times a day do you think about me? Further,why do you Pretend aloud,to feebly concoct a "connection" to me. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Boob,

What would you "do",less your Imagination and all of it's Pretend...you "lucky" kchunt? Hint. Congratulations?!?

At least you "get" to suck ass,dumpster dive scraps and plagiarize. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your poor poor(literally) heart.

Hint.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Pardon facts upsetting you so and I'm rather at ease in the comfort of same,as you gals concoct Delusions predicated upon your Imagination and Pretend,then frost same copiously with Estrogen...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You be SURE to "activate" your GoogleFu,should you "think" I am "mistaken". Mainly because,schit do NOT get fhuqking funnier than that! Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

My "trouble" is,I make a LOT of things look "easy",if only because they are for me and wellllllll beyond your "means","abilities" or "comprehension". HILARIOUSLY,you Drooling Fhuqktards can't connect a single fhuqking dot by yourselves and that schit never ain't not fhuqking FUNNY! Hint.

Again. Just how many times a day do you think about me? Further,why do you Pretend aloud,to feebly concoct a "connection" to me. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for trying.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

So your trying to say that Sitka Spruce provides the best sawdust high?

Dog I rescued in January

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by elkhunternm

#TRUTH

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

546 members (1badf350, 2500HD, 1941USMC, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 55 invisible), 2,466 guests, and 1,345 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,901
Posts18,518,483
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.