Print Thread
Hop To
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Ask yourself when his last cogent and useful post was, probably sometime prior to August 10, 2010.

Losing a child has got to weigh heavily on a person,. the crushing guilt of continually asking yourself what you could have done differently.

OTOH, if you're a nacissist, you tell yourself that nothing you did contributed to the actual outcome.

RIP KEB

#SOCIOPATH

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES
GB1

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Stick

Dial 1833 KINGSTON COVTARD to release your insecurities

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Royce

As I pointed out on an earlier post, if you divide Larry’s time off hours by the number of rifles he claims to own, each rifle gets used less, much less than 7 hours a year on average.
By the same token, if you take the number of bullets he brags on, the fact that he mostly hunts just deer and probably only can shoot a dozen deer a year, it would take many years to definitively analyze the effectiveness of even a few bullets on deer.
Larry’s claim to be a hard charging user of rifles and scopes falls on it’s face when you do the simple math.

Being a bit of a numbers guy, now I’m curious… Care to show your math?

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Kodiak
The math goes something like this.
Larry has stated before on here that he gets six months of vacation. (He has now amended that to 71/2 months)
But at 6 months vacation, and if he has 600 guns (going from his posts, with several rifles in each chambering in many calibers, he must have over a 1000 guns), he has 180 days x 12 hours a day, or 2160 hours.
Dividing 2160 hours by 600 guns gives an average of 3.6 hours per gun.
I rounded up to seven hours per gun, in case he hunts 24 hours a day each day he has off.
If he were to have 12 months a year off, and hunted 24 hours a day, that would give him a total of 8760 hours or an average of 14.6 hours per year, per gun.

If my math is off, I would hope someone would correct me.
Larry has had ample opportunity to correct me, but chose to confirm my other accusations by making a couple of incredibly childish posts that completely ignored the issues I brought up.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by BobBrown
Ask yourself when his last cogent and useful post was, probably sometime prior to August 10, 2010.

Losing a child has got to weigh heavily on a person,. the crushing guilt of continually asking yourself what you could have done differently.

OTOH, if you're a nacissist, you tell yourself that nothing you did contributed to the actual outcome.

RIP KEB

#SOCIOPATH

Do you feel better by saying that on the internet? Be a big boy and make fun of him however you wish but leave family problems out of it. It’s pretty sick what some of you say just trying to argue. If you don’t like what he says who cares call him a chit head and carry on. Bringing up things like that is mental. I can’t imagine stooping that low just to argue with someone on the internet.

Last edited by Kaleb; 08/07/21.

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Kaleb

RIP KEB

#SOCIOPATH

Do you feel better by saying that on the internet? Be a big boy and make fun of him however you wish but leave family problems out of it. It’s pretty sick what some of you say just trying to argue. If you don’t like what he says who cares call him a chit head and carry on. Bringing up things like that is mental. I can’t imagine stooping that low just to argue with someone on the internet.

I give two fugks what you think

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I understand the feeling is mutual so why does what he says bother you so much? We are all just strangers on a hunting forum.

Last edited by Kaleb; 08/07/21.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

RIP KEB

#SOCIOPATH

I feel exactly the same way.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

RIP KEB

#SOCIOPATH

So... you don't believe he is a sociopath?
Have you ever been the victim of a sociopath?

In the past you called me out for calling him a schithead....

Also him being a sociopath means his family are victiims....

You aren't to bright are you?

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by irfubar

RIP KEB

#SOCIOPATH

So... you don't believe he is a sociopath?
Have you ever been the victim of a sociopath?

In the past you called me out for calling him a schithead....

Also him being a sociopath means his family are victiims....

You aren't to bright are you?

I don't know him at all. I just don't care for rubbing a mans face in the death of his son. I lived in Wyoming in the middle of nowhere for almost 19 years. That will cause some people real problems.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Big Stick
79',

I never have liked the 22-250 SALAMI,but of course have more than a "few". 88's and 90's do very nice things there. 7" RPM Mike Rock,bottomest far left. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

That being said and that rifle amongst a herd of others,will slap the 1000yd line silly,but I'd not go there for same. For me,that's 6BR Country,though the 22-250 will fling a higher BC faster. The BR's penchant is unreal ES/SD's,copious barrel life and mild manners across the board. I'd happily take the performance hit,to field same. Buck Remover above,is of course a 6BR. Rock Fodder and BR here,if only to give the Karens something to cry about,but at least they can now say they've "seen" 'em. .224" Beer Can,.257" 90gr Sugar and .243" 110 Beer Can. Hint. Laughing!

6BR and 264 PPC AFI here. Hint.

I of course shoot a High Zoot 22BR too,but Greg didn't have anything faster than 8" on the shelf at the time and in a Krieger of all fhuqking things(I've zero love),but it shoots. While I typically VERY much prefer the .224" bore size,when extrapolated to a .243" on the same case,I cain't do that to the 6BR. The 6BR is simply a magnificent chambering. I'm no-turn on ALL of it. Hint.(grin)

Food for thunking.

Oooooooopsie! Nearly forgot about the Mail. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Too bad you ain't closer,she could bang away with more than a few chamberings,in more than a few blueprints and cut to the chase. Hint......................

Thanks stick! Appreciate the pointers.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I like the 25-35 🥸

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

I don't have a dog in this fight, but "I realize a GOOD day for you,is one in which you don't schit your pants," was funny.

Old guy, old guns.
M
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
M
A few days ago I signed up for the 24 Campfire and had to affirm that I would respect the rules and standards of civility for the board. Only to find immediately that there is a member here, Big Stick, who, by several reports of other posters here, has violated those standards repeatedly and for years. Who are the administrators and moderators for the campfire? Why haven’t you enforced these standards with this member who sows such discord and evil upon these pages? Why hasn’t this person been banned long ago?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MSRifleman
A few days ago I signed up for the 24 Campfire and had to affirm that I would respect the rules and standards of civility for the board. Only to find immediately that there is a member here, Big Stick, who, by several reports of other posters here, has violated those standards repeatedly and for years. Who are the administrators and moderators for the campfire? Why haven’t you enforced these standards with this member who sows such discord and evil upon these pages? Why hasn’t this person been banned long ago?

Those are good questions that deserve answers, but you're unlikely to ever hear anything from anyone who has the power and authority to force change.

Accept that a few bad apple can spoil a site and manage them yourself with the ignore function or move on and find a site that is more collegial. If you don't acknowledge them, they don't exist in your universe unless you let them. It's too bad that your thread got spoiled, 'cause this site is a repository for a lot of useful information that people with actual hands on experience are anxious to share with you if given the opportunity.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There are 3 different phases of a forum:
1) welcoming and growing
2) tyrannical over moderation
3) crickets.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Why hasn’t this person been banned long ago?

Trainwrecks get a lot of attention.

That increased attention here equals increased traffic which equals increased advertising revenue.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

BS shows us a stack of business card all laid out.

Wants us to think he's cool because bought that many knives from a well known maker. <yawn>

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SuperCub

BS shows us a stack of business card all laid out.

Wants us to think he's cool because bought that many knives from a well known maker. <yawn>

I think that there was a time long ago when Larry had quite a bit of influence here and encouraged people to try things that he was using. He was the Kim Kardashian of the Campfire, the biggest influencer and opinion leader who was an advocate for Improved cartridges, specifically the 223, 243, and 7mm-08. Same/same for McMillan stocks, Ingram knives, and Leupold 6x42 scopes to name but a few. I know that time marches on and technologies change, but the old gear still works just as well as it did when it were at the top of the heap. The behavior of the old show and tell Larry was a lot more collegial than the show and berate Larry that has been here for the last ten plus years, but that's just my opinion. I don't dislike the man, I pity him and while I am not given to empathy, I do wonder what triggered his drastic change in behavior.

Ingram makes nice knives, but if all you're going to do with one is field dressing a couple of deer each year, you can do a pretty good job of it with a $6 Victorinox paring knife from SMKW and a Sagan saw. A lot of guys buy custom knives and Swedish axes just to have them, but never actually use them. A guy by the name of Larry Lewis used to make hand forged primitive knives as a hobby and sold them for under $50. When I cited him on this site people had a negative reaction, apparently they didn't believe that anyone could make a sharp knife that would hold an edge for such a low price. Larry Lewis' knife making was a retirement hobby and his low overhead can be attributed to the recycled materials that he used, walnut planks for scales and old leaf springs for blades. Not fancy, just functional.

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Oh boy..

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Page 12 of 14 1 2 10 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (10Glocks, 160user, 10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 1badf350, 66 invisible), 2,972 guests, and 1,265 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,831
Posts18,517,019
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.