Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I agree with Antlers, they used to talk both a lot, nothing about deaths now as that doesn’t fit media’s narrative. So misleading.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the video that 7mmbuster posted on the other thread about the Manufacturing of a Mass Psychosis shows precisely what we’ve been seeing and experiencing in this country since March of 2019 in particular.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Crisis sells the news. Besides, if they talked deaths, people would just question whether they're actually covid deaths or caused by comorbidities. The death stats are easy to manipulate for whatever narrative you want. It's like a grown-up game of "cooties" with the shot and everything, only the consequence for some, however few or many, is more than just a little anxiety from being stimagtized and teased (they just say "bullied" these days). Some people really die or lose people they care about, and for some it really would not have happened so soon were it not for Covid. Other people really do have their business or their livliehood disrupted or shutdown.

A real dilemma Covid is presenting is how to express compassion and care toward people when an ideological opponent has assummed ownership of and has identified with the few sensible measures to demonstrate care.

The radical-liberal/progressive/Democrat/tyrants jumped on this pandemic early because they saw it had the potential to disrupt the Trump re-election train. They identified with masks, vaccines, moratoriums, shutdowns, and everything that would wreck the overheated economy that Trump was banking on for re-election.

I'm young, I'm healthy, and I'm not afraid of Covid, but I want to show compassion for the people that are being affected by it in very real ways. I want to wear a mask to say, "I care about your Grandma. I don't even know if it will work or not, but I'll do what I can for you." But if I wear a mask, I'm identified with the dicks that wrecked your business and ruined your life savings.

I want to get a vaccine so I'm less likely to be a vector for the disease where I spread the virus to you or someone you care about. But if I get a shot, I validate the adoption of these vaccines about which there are still a lot of questions, and I become part of the population that's distinct from those who exercise their liberty to abstain from it. They become the persecuted minority, vulnerable to those who would tyranize them with mandates and passports.

Before everyone could get vaccinated, I isolated myself because it was the best way I could figure out to show compassion for others. Once vaccines were available to everyone that wanted one, I figured they then had a better way to protect themselves than for me to continue isolating. I also got vaccinated so that I would be less likely to infect others. I don't think the vaccines work as effectively as the popular claims, but I think in many cases they do improve the outcome of exposure. I don't think face masks are effective either, but I will wear one wherever it's requested because I'm willing to do what I can for compassion's sake.

I know some of my brothers and sisters who are called by our Lord Jesus are strongly opposed to masks and vaccines, especially because the opponents of the love of God, the pro-death sons of the devil are for masks and vaccines.

"With your permission," said Tock, changing the subject, "we'd like to rescue Rhyme and Reason."
"Has Azaz agreed to it?" the Mathemagician inquired.
"Yes, sir," the dog assured him.
"THEN I DON'T," he thundered again, "for since they've been banished, we've never agreed on anything—and we never will."
He emphasized his last remark with a dark and ominous look.
"Never?" asked Milo, with the slightest touch of disbelief in his voice.
"NEVER!" he repeated. "And if you can prove otherwise, you have my permission to go."
"Well," said Milo, who had thought about this problem very carefully ever since leaving Dictionopolis. "Then with whatever Azaz agrees, you disagree."
"Correct," said the Mathemagician with a tolerant smile.
"And with whatever Azaz disagrees, you agree."
"Also correct," yawned the Mathemagician, nonchalantly cleaning his fingernails with the point of his staff.
"Then each of you agrees that he will disagree with whatever each of you agrees with," said Milo triumphantly; "and if you both disagree with the same thing, then aren't you really in agreement?"

What I want to know is how we can show compassion in a real and tangible way. Our adversaries have learned to ascribe empty "thoughts and prayers" to us and mock them. Especially if we're not willing to accept masks and vaccines that so many people are convinced might be able to help, how can we demonstrate any kind of real care and compassion? Is really caring and compassionate if we're just waiting an hoping that as this drags on longer and more people are affected by it that the failure of masks and vaccines validates our position?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Western_Juniper
What I want to know is how we can show compassion in a real and tangible way.
Same as always: By feeling, and being sensitive to, someone’s pain and discomfort and difficulties...and also being motivated to do something about it, to relieve it, to make it better. Whatever that might be. And remember that this also includes towards yourself. It’s not just towards others.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Crisis sells the news. Besides, if they talked deaths, people would just question whether they're actually covid deaths or caused by comorbidities. The death stats are easy to manipulate for whatever narrative you want. It's like a grown-up game of "cooties" with the shot and everything, only the consequence for some, however few or many, is more than just a little anxiety from being stimagtized and teased (they just say "bullied" these days). Some people really die or lose people they care about, and for some it really would not have happened so soon were it not for Covid. Other people really do have their business or their livliehood disrupted or shutdown.

A real dilemma Covid is presenting is how to express compassion and care toward people when an ideological opponent has assummed ownership of and has identified with the few sensible measures to demonstrate care.

The radical-liberal/progressive/Democrat/tyrants jumped on this pandemic early because they saw it had the potential to disrupt the Trump re-election train. They identified with masks, vaccines, moratoriums, shutdowns, and everything that would wreck the overheated economy that Trump was banking on for re-election.

I'm young, I'm healthy, and I'm not afraid of Covid, but I want to show compassion for the people that are being affected by it in very real ways. I want to wear a mask to say, "I care about your Grandma. I don't even know if it will work or not, but I'll do what I can for you." But if I wear a mask, I'm identified with the dicks that wrecked your business and ruined your life savings.

I want to get a vaccine so I'm less likely to be a vector for the disease where I spread the virus to you or someone you care about. But if I get a shot, I validate the adoption of these vaccines about which there are still a lot of questions, and I become part of the population that's distinct from those who exercise their liberty to abstain from it. They become the persecuted minority, vulnerable to those who would tyranize them with mandates and passports.

Before everyone could get vaccinated, I isolated myself because it was the best way I could figure out to show compassion for others. Once vaccines were available to everyone that wanted one, I figured they then had a better way to protect themselves than for me to continue isolating. I also got vaccinated so that I would be less likely to infect others. I don't think the vaccines work as effectively as the popular claims, but I think in many cases they do improve the outcome of exposure. I don't think face masks are effective either, but I will wear one wherever it's requested because I'm willing to do what I can for compassion's sake.

I know some of my brothers and sisters who are called by our Lord Jesus are strongly opposed to masks and vaccines, especially because the opponents of the love of God, the pro-death sons of the devil are for masks and vaccines.

"With your permission," said Tock, changing the subject, "we'd like to rescue Rhyme and Reason."
"THEN I DON'T," he thundered again, "for since they've been banished, we've never agreed on anything—and we never will."
"NEVER!" he repeated. "And if you can prove otherwise, you have my permission to go."
"Well," said Milo, who had thought about this problem very carefully ever since leaving Dictionopolis. "Then with whatever Azaz agrees, you disagree."
"Also correct," yawned the Mathemagician, nonchalantly cleaning his fingernails with the point of his staff.
"Then each of you agrees that he will disagree with whatever each of you agrees with," said Milo triumphantly; "and if you both disagree with the same thing, then aren't you really in agreement?"

What I want to know is how we can show compassion in a real and tangible way. Our adversaries have learned to ascribe empty "thoughts and prayers" to us and mock them. Especially if we're not willing to accept masks and vaccines that so many people are convinced might be able to help, how can we demonstrate any kind of real care and compassion? Is really caring and compassionate if we're just waiting an hoping that as this drags on longer and more people are affected by it that the failure of masks and vaccines validates our position?

You seem like a nice guy but I’m pretty sure I won’t let “feelings of compassion” win over common sense and logic. Follow your gut and do the right thing.

IC B2

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by cfran

You seem like a nice guy but I’m pretty sure I won’t let “feelings of compassion” win over common sense and logic. Follow your gut and do the right thing.

Logic is the way to go and sometimes they just need to man up and except what you can't chang or control like nature for instance

Last edited by jwp475; 08/07/21.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by jwp475

Logic are the way to go and sometimes they just need to man up and except what you can hang or control like nature for instance

???????? Satire? Or is the IQ guy havin’ a stroke?

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by WMR

Logic are the way to go and sometimes they just need to man up and except what you can hang or control like nature for instance

???????? Satire? Or is the IQ guy havin’ a stroke?

Good catch

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Actually, it would be “accept “ and not “except “ in this setting. No penalty for spelling or punctuation, so your high IQ should remain intact. Full IQ amnesty if the error is alcohol driven.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Logic is the way to go and sometimes they just need to man up and except what you can't chang or control like nature for instance

So what you're saying is we need to be compassionate, like Spock.

IC B3

W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W

Live long and prosper. A guy could do worse. Plus, he could do that neck pinch thing. So, he had that goin’ for him.

Last edited by WMR; 08/07/21.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J

What's wrong with Spock?

J
JoeBob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Compassion is best demonstrated by remaining calm and carrying with your life as usual so that you can provide a positive example of how a free clear thinking man should live.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Compassion is best demonstrated by remaining calm and carrying with your life as usual so that you can provide a positive example of how a free clear thinking man should live.

Exactly 💯. Lead by example

W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W

Nothing wrong with being a good example, but is that really the best way to show compassion?

I guess the Good Samaritan could have just kept walking. Sometimes compassion means getting your hands dirty. Bonus if you help without waiting to be asked. JMO.

J
JoeBob Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by WMR

Nothing wrong with being a good example, but is that really the best way to show compassion?

I guess the Good Samaritan could have just kept walking. Sometimes compassion means getting your hands dirty. Bonus if you help without waiting to be asked. JMO.

So, just in case you weren’t paying attention, which clearly you weren’t, I’m responding to someone talking about wearing masks and isolating themselves in some sort of misguided belief that those acts demonstrate compassion. That’s it.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by WMR

So, just in case you weren’t paying attention, which clearly you weren’t, I’m responding to someone talking about wearing masks and isolating themselves in some sort of misguided belief that those acts demonstrate compassion. That’s it.

Seems to have gotten derailed into changing flats and stuff

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by WMR

I find I'm a lot more compassionate when I stay away from others and they stay away from me.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JimmyGrace
Mass psychosis is a female trait. Menstrual behavior.

Way too many men in America walking around wearing a pair of panties on their face. It’s disgusting really.

This country is so f u g g e d and it’s about over & done with.

As much as I miss him sometimes, I’m glad my pop didn’t live long enough to see America turn into a sissy s h i t hole. Girly men.

Mister -

I do like the cut of your jib.

Please, carry on...

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by victoro
Originally Posted by hanco
Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by hanco
My baby girl is an ICU nurse. The cases they are getting now are 30’s-40’s that are not vaccinated. They don’t have any vaccinated people in there, because the vaccinated people don’t get it or it’s a very mild case.

LOL

I’m only telling you how it is at the hospital where she works. She has been in the front line of this crap since it has started. At first it was older people with health issues, she says it hits Blacks and Hispanics harder than Whites. All I know is what she is telling me.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Why isn't she wearing a good N95 face mask and a face shield or goggles to protect her eyes? Back in January I spent the night in a hospital emergency ward that was supposed to be overrun with COVID-19 patients. I only saw one nurse that was suited up in a pressurized suit with a HEPA filter on her back. The rest of the nurses had on the cheap blue masks like you can buy at the grocery store. I never wore a face mask the whole time I was there and nobody asked me to. I had the freedom to get up and go anywhere I wanted to in the emergency ward. If I needed to go to the bathroom I just unplugged my IV and went. My hot red headed nurse showed me how to do it safely.

She does when in the patient rooms

Page 11 of 13 1 2 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 240NMC, 1lessdog, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,251 guests, and 1,261 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,286
Posts18,486,887
Members73,967
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.