Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by MSRifleman
A few days ago I signed up for the 24 Campfire and had to affirm that I would respect the rules and standards of civility for the board. Only to find immediately that there is a member here, Big Stick, who, by several reports of other posters here, has violated those standards repeatedly and for years. Who are the administrators and moderators for the campfire? Why haven’t you enforced these standards with this member who sows such discord and evil upon these pages? Why hasn’t this person been banned long ago?

Very good question. My recommendation would be stick with us for a while. A lot of knowledgeable, good folks. And you will quickly learn who the losers are,(you already know one!) and how to ignore them. Welcome aboard.

GB1

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
The easy cure is to pay no attention to what you don't like.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
A few days ago I signed up for the 24 Campfire and had to affirm that I would respect the rules and standards of civility for the board. Only to find immediately that there is a member here, Big Stick, who, by several reports of other posters here, has violated those standards repeatedly and for years. Who are the administrators and moderators for the campfire? Why haven’t you enforced these standards with this member who sows such discord and evil upon these pages? Why hasn’t this person been banned long ago?

Once you start a new thread (new topic) you never, ever, know which direction it will take. The OP had his thoughts, intents and purposes or questions. Folks that respond have their own biases and interpretations. Some get a kick out of derailing a thread. Some enjoy answering questions and being helpful

My best advice as someone who has survived close to 13 years on this site, with only one person that really offended me (and it was not Larry/Boxer/Bushler/Big Stick), and no one on ignore, is to "roll with it". It's a great place to use as a means to occupy one's time, learn, entertain, and be entertained, buy, sell, make friends, all for a very reasonable price.

As an aside, I have no where the number of Ingram Business Cards that Larry has, but here are a few of the "one off" creations that accompanied said business cards.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The first Gene made for me.

Christened the "Ingram P & C (pig and coon)

Nessmuk set, Etched A2 & Ironwood

RW Loveless "Lambs" repros. Killer died Giraffe Bone scales

Kingfisher. A2 steel, Ironwood

My most prized Ingram. But that story for another time!

ya!

GWB

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
Love that first one!

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Royce
Kodiak
The math goes something like this.
Larry has stated before on here that he gets six months of vacation. (He has now amended that to 71/2 months)
But at 6 months vacation, and if he has 600 guns (going from his posts, with several rifles in each chambering in many calibers, he must have over a 1000 guns), he has 180 days x 12 hours a day, or 2160 hours.
Dividing 2160 hours by 600 guns gives an average of 3.6 hours per gun.
I rounded up to seven hours per gun, in case he hunts 24 hours a day each day he has off.
If he were to have 12 months a year off, and hunted 24 hours a day, that would give him a total of 8760 hours or an average of 14.6 hours per year, per gun.

If my math is off, I would hope someone would correct me.
Larry has had ample opportunity to correct me, but chose to confirm my other accusations by making a couple of incredibly childish posts that completely ignored the issues I brought up.

So. Many. Assumptions.

I kind of figured it was going to be funny, but I didn’t think it would be THAT funny.

Sure glad I don’t have to hunt with every rifle I own, every year. Not sure why a rifle has to be hunted with, to be able to be considered as used. I mean, if a guy runs a thousand or two rounds through it in a day or two at varying ranges in varying conditions, does he learn more or less from that than firing a few rounds to sight in and then a round or two at flesh?

Why does someone else’s reasons for building a rifle have to match your reasons for same?

I always find it pretty funny that there are guys who run around biting his ankles because they don’t like the delivery of information.

Personally, I don’t care how information is passed along, but I certainly put more weight into stuff coming from someone who has “used X side by side with Y, and this is why Q works better”, versus someone who says “I bought this because I read about it in a magazine and this is why you should like it too and buy one so I’m justified in the money I spent.”
I’ll GLADLY let someone else spend money on R&D and put it through more use in a week than most guys will in a lifetime, and then use those results objectively and make choices for MY dollars.

Stick hasn’t ever steered me wrong, and has freely offered up a cell number and time to help sort out rifle issues and figure out what I’m actually trying to accomplish. Guys like that are worth more on a forum than any 100 ankle biters who sling insults or try to prove someone wrong using imagined numbers.

But thats just me, I don’t really offend easily, and I don’t often post “questions” when what I really want is validation.

Originally Posted by Someone
Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T

1. Click on the user's name in question on the left side of the screen.
2. In the drop down menu, choose "view profile"
3. Under the user's info will be a link "ignore user". Click the link and you'll never have to see his posts again.

Big Stick is probably on more people's ignore list than any other member of the forum, and for good reason.

Those who must raise their voice to get their point across are generally not intelligent enough to do so in any other way.
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Imagine being so ego feeble that you get all pissed...
At a forum poster...
On one of the fringest placed on the web (4chan for boomers)...
By some dude whose handle is a phallus reference...

People are just so freaking dumb with gun fuddlore, hearing somebody repeatedly reemphasize what actually works is refreshing.

The other day I was shooting the breeze with a plumber when rifles came up. He mentioned he bought his 11 year old a 7-08 because it "don't ring his little ears as bad as the awt six". He'll move him up to the awt six once he's older.

A couple days later I heard a farmer trying to explain max point blank range to a customer in a pawn shot- "that bullet crosses the up and down line two times, ya see- with a 270 you can hit out to 300 yards between the crosses". Senior lifelong hunters mind was blown.

Not joking on either account.

Also- y'all ever thought that maybe a fella with a couple dozen rifles likes to take friends shooting?

One nice thing about not being poor is you can bankroll the toys for folks that are.

Cracks me up that y'all can't see through the big schtick.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Every forum has their attention whores and cumstains. The appeal of lil twig is that his comes in one hilariously pudgy, pork jowled jackwipe package. Some people will dig through the thorns to try to find some semblance of a rose in him, but I've got too much self-respect. He's probably rubbing one out to the attention your post gave him.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Kodiak
What were my assumptions? That there 24 hours in a day? Thirty days in a month? That it’s impossible to have more than 12 months a year?
That 24 hours is the most a person can hunt in a day?
My premise was that Larry’s rifles, on average, get very little use per year. That isn’t questioning his motives for buying a gun, it questions his claim to be such a hard user of rifles.
If you look at the numbers I posted, they were the absolute total number of average hours Larry could use a rifle, with no time out for sleeping, reloading, posting childish posts on 24 Hour Campfire, dating Miss America, or running marathons.
The one assumption I made was that Larry owned 600 guns, and I don’t believe I was far off on that.
The only funny thing is how you convoluted what I posted so that you could defend Larry.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I can’t tell if you are deliberately being obtuse, or if it just comes naturally to you?
I guess I should point out that your “math” assumes that he buys 600 rifles a year….
If a guy builds say, 3 rifles a month, and has say, 12 days off in each calendar month, how long does it take to knock the new off of a rifle if you whistle 500 rounds through it in a day? Three times over? Is a person not allowed to remember how something similar extrapolates to the components in hand? If you already know a particular rifle, and have put it through paces and know what it is capable of in good conditions and then use it side by each with new rifles in less favorable conditions to see how that compares are you not allowed to make notes or remember particulars?

Your biggest assumption made is that Sticks rifles only get used to hunt. I get the feeling that the dude has a pretty solid primer popping habit. Your second biggest assumption is that YOUR available free time/rifle/glass/powder/bullet budget is comparable to ANYONE else’s.
I don’t care how anyone else spends their dollars or their time. I will however look at objective results and learn from that.

As to me “defending” Stick, I’ll point this out to you since it has obviously flown over your head, dude doesn’t need or care about anyone defending him. I’m merely pointing out that the knowledge he brings to the forum carries a lot more value to a lot more people than it does to have you on the forum. Guys like you feel it’s acceptable to dogpile on people because everyone else is doing it so it must be ok. Think about that for a bit.

Last edited by KodiakHntr; 08/08/21. Reason: Added some math clarity.

Why pack all that messy meat out of the bush when we can just go to the grocery store where meat is made? Hell,if they sold antlers I would save so much money I could afford to go Dolphin fishing. Maybe even a baby seal safari.
IC B3

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Kodiak
It's not me that is obtuse. It's you. You also have no reading ability, and less civility.
I never said that Larry buys six hundred rifles a year. I said that he owns at least 600 guns.
If you can point out how someone that has 600 guns, can use them, on average, more than half a day a year, I'd love to see your "math".
Hint: there are only 365 days a year.
I'd suggest you learn to read before you pester me.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

Maybe the advertisers would step in. I contacted one myself.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Originally Posted by Royce
Kodiak
It's not me that is obtuse. It's you. You also have no reading ability, and less civility.
I never said that Larry buys six hundred rifles a year. I said that he owns at least 600 guns.
If you can point out how someone that has 600 guns, can use them, on average, more than half a day a year, I'd love to see your "math".
Hint: there are only 365 days a year.
I'd suggest you learn to read before you pester me.

Nope, this is alllllll you. You asked if anyone could refute your “math”. I quite clearly pointed out your assumptions. That you refuse to acknowledge them isn’t on me.

You continue to insist that every rifle a person owns, has to be used every year. I myself probably own less than 40 rifles, and have rifles that haven’t been shot in likely a decade.
Why don’t you spend more time worrying about what you do (or don’t do as the case may be) and less time about what someone else does? Don’t like the way information is delivered by Stick? Then don’t read it.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
MSRifleman, if you are really into Savage 10/110s, there is a website SavageShooters that has lots of information on them.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R

And deny us the opportunity to mud wrestle! How dare you! Stick is just one of many, and by the way it is called free speech.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by geedubya

Once you start a new thread (new topic) you never, ever, know which direction it will take. The OP had his thoughts, intents and purposes or questions. Folks that respond have their own biases and interpretations. Some get a kick out of derailing a thread. Some enjoy answering questions and being helpful

My best advice as someone who has survived close to 13 years on this site, with only one person that really offended me (and it was not Larry/Boxer/Bushler/Big Stick), and no one on ignore, is to "roll with it". It's a great place to use as a means to occupy one's time, learn, entertain, and be entertained, buy, sell, make friends, all for a very reasonable price.

As an aside, I have no where the number of Ingram Business Cards that Larry has, but here are a few of the "one off" creations that accompanied said business cards.

The first Gene made for me.

Christened the "Ingram P & C (pig and coon)

Nessmuk set, Etched A2 & Ironwood

RW Loveless "Lambs" repros. Killer died Giraffe Bone scales

Kingfisher. A2 steel, Ironwood

My most prized Ingram. But that story for another time!

ya!

GWB

Holy smokes, great advice and damned fine knives.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is a HILARIOUSLY Fascinating Constant,that it's always the same Brokedick CLUELESS Fhuqking Whiners,who are perpetually advocating their "Life" spent perfecting being a Crying Karen Kchunt "Victim"...in their newfound "brazen" Woketitude. You gals wear it well. Hint. Congratulations?!? Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Pardon the ease in which I arrange Facts,so reliably colliding with your Delusional Fantasies. I rather enjoy how "traumatic" things such as colors,adhesives,weather,vehicles,the REAL Outdoors,vacation,pay checks,blades,and a plethora of HILARIOUS others,slap your collective Tender Feelers so fhuqking reliably and with such unbridled authority. It was never my intent to infer that you could even begin to hang and do not slight the EPIC Hilarity of the fruition of said realities,getting sooooooooo fhuqking many CLUELESS Kchunts to crying and filling out WELL founded Hurt Feeler Reports. I get it,that you Estrogen Raging Fhuqktards,can't,won't,don't turn a lick and simply never will. You are fortunate,that Imagination and Pretend are free,so you can "afford" to "contribute",with your High Pitched Vagina Monologues! Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Only you,can prevent YOU from saying something fhuqking STUPID and I'd not think to turn that tide,even if I could...mainly because it is funnier than fhuqk. Read that again. Now one more time. Perhaps PM each other and "explain" yet again,how VERY "real" Imaginary Pretend Ignore is,to you Lying Pieces Of Fhuqking Schit. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

So as you Woke Kchunts set upon same,you be SURE to REALLY Hissy a fit,if only for Dramatic Flair. Not that I could stop you,or want to either. The Perpetual Meltdown and sound of Moths colliding Flames,is more than just a "touch" fhuqking soothing and only because you Drooling Fhuqktards are doing your ABSOLUTE best. For context,do not "forget" to quantify how many times a day you think about me. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Perhaps you Melting Snowflakes can denote which chamberings,twist rates,bullets,optics and the like can be discussed on a Outdoors Forum within the Hunting Rifles Board,so as to salve your VERY Tender Feelers and keep things "fair". I'll promise to steamroll through all of it,rub your noses in your own fhuqking STUPIDITY and simply talk about wares that exist and in the firsthand,as you "laude" your Drooling Delusions and cry for help. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

The astute will simply take notes,apply same and cut checks in accordance. Crying Karens will "justify" how "REAL" Imagination and Pretend are(to them),then extoll their Hurt Feelers and the "brave" "plight" of being a "Victim".

Bless your hearts for trying though,you Fearless Fillies REALLY are doing "great!".

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!

P.S. and by the way,the OP is a CLUELESS Fhuqk and in wayyyyyyyyy over her head.

I'm kinda' in a hurry,or I'd open more Mail.

Just sayin'.

Hint.

Bingo!........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Geez, stinky, did you really think anyone would read that pasted bunch of crap?

You just get more simple as time trundles along.

I'd rather die in a BAD gunfight than a GOOD nursing home.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Oooooooopsie! I stand "corrected",by yet another Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit,as she reads my EVERY word and gawks EVERY Splendid Pixel...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Pardon wares that exist. The Mail was calling,if only as per always. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for Lying,Crying,Trying and Whining.

Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I ordered some of the Match Burners myself, good deal from Powder Valley.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

533 members (1minute, 06hunter59, 204guy, 1941USMC, 1OntarioJim, 10gaugeman, 62 invisible), 2,410 guests, and 1,315 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,890
Posts18,518,307
Members74,020
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.