-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Still hot but prepping for winter here. Finished the clean up around the shed this morning.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

1Minute

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by OldSchool_BestSchool
Originally Posted by RiverRider
In recent correspondence one of my German colleagues wrote:

"What's the weather like in Texas right now? Do you at least have something like a summer? In Germany it really is a catastrophe - a few nice days, a lot of rain and not particularly warm."

In light of the typical German's blind acceptance of the global warming religion I find it quite interesting.

Here in North Texas I am not seeing signs of an early Fall yet, but I have noted the rather mild summer. We usually have around 20 days (maybe more, that's my rough guess) a year that we see 100 degrees F, but I'm not sure we've seen even half that many this year.

The alarmists quit using the term "global warming" because it didn't cover all the bases. The proper term has now become "climate change" so everything can be accounted for.
- too hot... climate change
- too cold... climate change
- too wet... climate change
- too dry... climate change
- too many twisters... climate change
- no twisters... climate change
- too many hurricanes... climate change
- no hurricanes... climate change
- early duck/geese migration... climate change
- late duck/geese migration... climate change

Get the picture?

The weather patterns have been changing for eons..... the Sahara were once a lush grasslands.

Heh !
Much truth in this.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There is a place called Honeyville just north of Durango on Hwy. 550 and they have some great food items there.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The way it looks and feels in South Central Mt. there won't be any fall. It has hit 90 + degrees almost every day for two-going on three months now and almost no rain for the same amount of time. There are fires going on all over the state and now the wind is blowing, and the humidity is around 10-15% . Then to top that off, everything looks dirty due to the constant smoke.
To top that . the weather forecast is more of the same for Fall

Wish you were here. grin
PS for you hunters headed to Southeastern MT. this year, there is a 160,000 acre fire still getting bigger as we speak. Largest in the state so far!

Ken

Usual Sunset----or is it Sunrise?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by kennymauser; 08/11/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It’s been an unusual summer in Michigan I wouldn’t be surprised to see an early fall or a colder than usual winter. We’ve had a handful of 90 degree days but no extended “dog days” as soon as it gets hot it drops 15-20 degrees for the highs and it’s been the wettest summer that I can remember.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
low temps in the mid to high seventies. 94 yesterday in the afternoon. Humidity over 60% at best. Tropical storm due here by the weekend. Sure don't look like fall to me.

Sam......

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
cooler than i remember for August in south Texas and lots of timely rains..
we bout due for a dry spell i figured this spring it was coming but may june and july had ample rains.. when the mesquite make their beans ill know for sure the drought is here

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldSchool_BestSchool
Originally Posted by RiverRider
In recent correspondence one of my German colleagues wrote:

"What's the weather like in Texas right now? Do you at least have something like a summer? In Germany it really is a catastrophe - a few nice days, a lot of rain and not particularly warm."

In light of the typical German's blind acceptance of the global warming religion I find it quite interesting.

Here in North Texas I am not seeing signs of an early Fall yet, but I have noted the rather mild summer. We usually have around 20 days (maybe more, that's my rough guess) a year that we see 100 degrees F, but I'm not sure we've seen even half that many this year.

The alarmists quit using the term "global warming" because it didn't cover all the bases. The proper term has now become "climate change" so everything can be accounted for.
- too hot... climate change
- too cold... climate change
- too wet... climate change
- too dry... climate change
- too many twisters... climate change
- no twisters... climate change
- too many hurricanes... climate change
- no hurricanes... climate change
- early duck/geese migration... climate change
- late duck/geese migration... climate change

Get the picture?

The weather patterns have been changing for eons..... the Sahara were once a lush grasslands.

Nothing new to me, had that figgered out when they changed their howls from "global warming" to "climate change." These Germans, though, they like to point out some melting glaciers as proof of warming. Never mind the fact that the glaciers have been melting for several millennea.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Calling for the likelihood of a La Nina winter this year.

Me

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Our daily thunderstorms are back and predicted daily going forward.

IC B3

O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by antlers
There is a place called Honeyville just north of Durango on Hwy. 550 and they have some great food items there.

I’ll check it out. Usually have lunch in Silverton or Ouray.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
47 degrees yesterday morning... Plenty of free AC!

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Usually notice the first trees starting to turn last week of August- first week of Sept. here. Felt like fall a couple mornings 2-3 weeks ago. It got down into the mid 40's a couple nights. Wore a long sleeved shirt on my morning walks a few times last half of July. Many of those mornings it was in the 50's. We've only had maybe 5 or 6 days that got up to 90* so far this summer. Many days in the mid 70's - low 80's. Was 87* yesterday, got up to 89 today and it's supposed to hit 90 tomorrow and 86 Friday. After that supposed to drop back down into the low 70's for the weekend and mid 70's to 80 all next week. All in all it's been a pretty tolerable summer so far. Damned glad I don't live someplace where it's 90+ for weeks or months on end. Fuuck that.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes. I'm agreeable to "climate change," and the fact that it's never been stable. I'm not convinced though that a shift from a CO² content of 0.032 to 0.042% is the root cause. Presently about 420 parts per million. We have been a little warmer than average this summer, but we've had a ton of smoke in the atmosphere for an extended period too.

Must have been a seriously hot place back in geologic time when Mother Nature was laying in our coal and oil supplies. Atmospheric carbon dioxide content link

Last edited by 1minute; 08/11/21.

1Minute
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
It’s a hundred degrees here today, but there is is just a hint of fall in the air. The humidity is gone...the shadows are longer...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
These are food items that you’ll wanna buy and take with you. They have different flavors of whipped mountain wildflower honey, they have regular mountain wildflower honey, they have pure mountain wildflower raw honey, you can even get honeycomb there. They have jams, jelly’s, and flavored butters...and a schit ton of other good stuff too. I usually spend a couple of C-notes there because I get stuff for my kiddos too. So you might still wanna eat lunch in Silverton or Ouray.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
O
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
These are food items that you’ll wanna buy and take with you. They have different flavors of whipped mountain wildflower honey, they have regular mountain wildflower honey, they have pure mountain wildflower raw honey, you can even get honeycomb there. They have jams, jelly’s, and flavored butters...and a schit ton of other good stuff too. I usually spend a couple of C-notes there because I get stuff for my kiddos too. So you might still wanna eat lunch in Silverton or Ouray.

Yessir, I know what you’re talking about once you get into those type places.

Valley Pecans in Chillicothe, Texas on Hwy 287 is another that gets a butt load of my money for gifts. Ain’t cheap but it’s good stuff for sure.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

190 members (1_deuce, 300_savage, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 260Remguy, 24 invisible), 1,757 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,747
Posts18,495,204
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.