Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
Lake Texoma - Lake Murray - Blue River - Red River just to name a few...(it was a little nader)

One man with courage makes a majority....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Gentlemen, just checking to see who is paying attention....lol

Are you saying it was satire? smile

It would be a wonderful place for a guy like me........................20 years ago when I didn't need doctors much.

better yet, 25+ years ago when I was single...........................this woman would NEVER move there.

I've seen Sam's pics and videos...............................his statement about the weather was the honest to goodness truth.

It really isn't that bad.

Don’t fugk yourself dude. wink.

Before you know it there’ll be vrbos, subarus, manbuns all over!

He's lying and want's some company.

Lonely up there since the 'flave left.

And the weather is brutal, he's not fooling me.

I always thought that Mr. Sam and Mr. Jim were neighbors of sorts. I guess I'll have to actually drive up there one of these days to see the real world of the Hi Line.

Eliminate qualified immunity and you'll eliminate cops who act like they are above the law.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

It would be a wonderful place for a guy like me........................20 years ago when I didn't need doctors much.

better yet, 25+ years ago when I was single...........................this woman would NEVER move there.

I've seen Sam's pics and videos...............................his statement about the weather was the honest to goodness truth.

Selling not buying....

lol

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
play it up.

new coat of paint, mow the lawn, wash the picture window and all that!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Remsen

I always thought that Mr. Sam and Mr. Jim were neighbors of sorts. I guess I'll have to actually drive up there one of these days to see the real world of the Hi Line.

It's worse than here in the Outback of Cali.

Neighbors up there means they live in the same corner of the State, and it takes less than 10 gallons of gas in a car to get there. 20 if they're in the truck, which they usually are.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Vernal Utah, Flaming Gorge Reservoir and world class fly fishing on the Green Fiver.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You want a big lake to fish. Any preference on species?

You're spoiled on them big Lahontans, eh?

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Remsen

Rem, while I've never met Jim, we are hi-line brothers.

200-250 miles away?

Coolest part about the fire we are all neighbors!

I love bullchitting with you fellas.

Last edited by SamOlson; 08/16/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bear lake, Idaho would actually check several boxes...... but it has a real winter. The raspberries might off set that, dunno. Medical care would be an issue if needed.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

[/quote]

Is there any decent fishing on Dworshak?

[/quote]

I grew up in Lewiston and did a lot of fishing on Dworshak. The kokanee fishing is very good and there are some really big smallmouth in the reservoir. Bird hunting is very good and there are a ton of turkeys if you like to turkey hunt.

Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I hear So Cal is nice this time of year... GFY prick

Coyotes shot no waiting.
S
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
S
Lewiston has 2 rivers with lots of fishing
And hunting.Only three hrs. to Court d Alene lake. Winchester lake is close also but not real big.

Last edited by Slenk; 08/16/21.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
I hear So Cal is nice this time of year.

I hear the same thing more folks ought to move there.

MAGA
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by fburgtx
Originally Posted by philgood80
The Ozarks are calling!!

Oklahoma, Arkansas, Missouri.

Of those 3, I’d pick Oklahoma.

We got lakes here in OK. But our summers are miserable +P and the bird shooting sucks the big one unless you count ducks, which I don’t.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by GRIZZ
I hear So Cal is nice this time of year.

I hear the same thing more folks ought to move there.

Have 3 other members of my family that have moved out, one more to go.

Move in and replace the balance. grin

A little rain, lightning, and thunder there the other night, cleared the air up.
Beautiful this time of year,. Warmish water in the ocean, girls have their bikinis on.

What more can you ask for??

In it is contentment

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by czech1022
I'm seriously looking at Tennessee - very good on 2A, no income tax, Republican government that hasn't changed in decades and very good home prices outside of the big cities. Crime is low in the small towns (only place I'd live btw) and from what I've read about availability and quality of medical care, it's very good.

I know nothing about hunting/fishing opportunities there.

That can be good or bad depending on how they tax pensions and SS, assuming there is no sales tax. If they have good income tax advantages for seniors. you might be better off there with no sales tax.
Then there are the states like Idaho with both. They get you in all directions.

Tennessee doesn’t tax your pensions or Social security. That is all done at the federal level. Sales tax runs about 9.5%. Works out pretty good, if your poor and don’t buy much you don’t pay much. Seems fair to me. Land prices are going nuts. Guy who just bought the 8 acre lot next to me paid almost 6 times as much per acre as we paid 6 years ago.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife will sell my guns for what I told her they cost.
R
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by luv2safari
I'm seriously looking at Tennessee - very good on 2A, no income tax, Republican government that hasn't changed in decades and very good home prices outside of the big cities. Crime is low in the small towns (only place I'd live btw) and from what I've read about availability and quality of medical care, it's very good.

I agree, but too far east, and you need to own, lease, or trespass to hunt.

This is true and probably seems odious to someone used to hunting good public land. However, if you can find a place to hunt you have seasons measured in months not days and generous bag limits compared to what you are used to. "Big Game" means whitetail deer and that is pretty much it. Plenty of places to fish but plenty of other fisherman to keep you company.

Not trying to sell you on the South, its full and I wouldn't mind getting out. My family has been in GA and SC since before the inception of the country and I have a lot of folks here. Only thing keeping me. I'd like to move to Alaska.....always been a daydream of mine. Bring on the brutal winters.......keeps the riffraff out....for the most part at least.

Last edited by RJY66; 08/17/21.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by RJY66
Originally Posted by luv2safari

I agree, but too far east, and you need to own, lease, or trespass to hunt.

This is true and probably seems odious to someone used to hunting good public land. However, if you can find a place to hunt you have seasons measured in months not days and generous bag limits compared to what you are used to. "Big Game" means whitetail deer and that is pretty much it. Plenty of places to fish but plenty of other fisherman to keep you company.

Not trying to sell you on the South, its full and I wouldn't mind getting out. My family has been in GA and SC since before the inception of the country and I have a lot of folks here. Only thing keeping me. I'd like to move to Alaska.....always been a daydream of mine. Bring on the brutal winters.......keeps the riffraff out....for the most part at least.

Upstate New York has almost zero negros. If it wasn't for the taxes and gun laws it would be a perfect place to live for 3/4's of the year. Alaska sounds good till you talk to old people that have lived there and can afford to spend the winter here in the SE.

Life is good live it while you can.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H

Neighbors up there means they live in the same corner of the State, and it takes less than 10 gallons of gas in a car to get there. 20 if they're in the truck, which they usually are.

Not sure that 20Gal of fuel in a pickup would get you from one to the other without a tail-wind. Certainly not should you couple the ubiquitous stock-trailer to said pickup.

Last edited by horse1; 08/17/21.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by weaselsRus
Didn't know you were in the market Bruce, we sold my parents place in Ranchester WY, 13 miles from Sheridan in June. Right on the Tongue River. I'm regretting not buying it already.

OH MAN!!!

frown

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (21, 17CalFan, 160user, 1badf350, 06hunter59, 204guy, 51 invisible), 2,137 guests, and 1,172 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,549
Posts18,531,457
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.